KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The devil in Detroit

The devil in Detroit
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Its different

laughing out loud

Check this out:

Santa : Satan : If you move the "n" in Satan to just after the first "a" you get Santa. Proof that both Santa Clause and Satan exist. eek! laughing out loud

That is a similar type of logic to what you are using.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 04:42 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Except Santa does not have 1000's of books written about him, 95% of the worlds population believing in some form of God and thousands of year old books writen about him.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 04:43 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by riv6672
There's that to consider.
As long as they're not breaking any laws, they come out looking better than the protesting group(s).
Its really a no lose situation for them.

I can see this becoming a "Bad Tourist" Attraction. aka teens constantly screwing around it.

To bad they didn't do this back in the good old heavy metal devil worshipping head banger days of music.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 04:46 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Except Santa does not have 1000's of books written about him, 95% of the worlds population believing in some form of God and thousands of year old books writen about him.

So the number of books and popularity makes something true.

Do you believe in man made global warming?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 04:50 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

The ancient had more knowledge and were more in touch with spirituality and God. Now politics and iPhone are peoples gods.

So you believe that 95% of the world is wrong and what ever fraction of a .00000000000000000000000000000001% your faith has on its impact of telling people God does not exist?

Makes no sense.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 04:54 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The ancient had more knowledge and were more in touch with spirituality and God. Now politics and iPhone are peoples gods.

So you believe that 95% of the world is wrong and what ever fraction of a .00000000000000000000000000000001% your faith has on its impact of telling people God does not exist?

Makes no sense.

"The ancient had more knowledge"?

Like the flat Earth, the Earth was the center of the universe and if there was a flood, then a witch was to blame?

Until we (all of humanity) can give up this belief in Satan, and take responsibility for the evil that we (all of humanity) create, we (all of humanity) will never be able to change for the better.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:02 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agree to disagree, whats the point of arguing

Me: There is a God
You: There is no God
Me: Yes there is
You: No there isn't

Now what?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now what?

Technically the next step would be you providing evidence God exists.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Now what?

I never said anything about God. I am not an atheist. I simply do not believe in Satan.

Perhaps I am confused: is Satan your God?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:21 PM
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Someone needs to appear with Kryptonite by Three Doors Down playing on loop and settle this the way all things on this earth should be settled, with their fists. They should start off with a smashing blow straight to the statues stomach as it echos throughout Detroit, so loudly it even blows Murphy's circuits, then follow it up with a smirk an a flurry of kicks, jump back and shout out loudly with their arms curled at their sides and stare at the beast in righteous anger and charge back in releasing a thunderous KIAI followed by a series of haymakers just chipping away at the beast as everyone gasps, proving that the passion an pride of man is the most overwhelming force in the universe, no need for tools, just bare flesh against the construct, with lighting fast movements, flickers an kicks, dashing around the object widdling it away piece by piece until it crumbles under the impact of human might, our hero then runs up the crumbling demonic entity, grabs it by the horns and swings on them using the momentum to drive his heroic knee straight through the creatures face shattering the satanic construct once and for all.

The spell will then be lifted from Detroit and the sun will rise once more, it'll become the most prosperous city ever to exist in the world. An the hero? Well he vanishes soon after, but worry not for he is ready to appear once more if the city is ever in need.

Last edited by Yamcha on Jul 29th, 2015 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:30 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Technically the next step would be you providing evidence God exists.

I can't prove God exists to a unbeliever, faith is a gift for God.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:58 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I never said anything about God. I am not an atheist. I simply do not believe in Satan.

Perhaps I am confused: is Satan your God?

Nice, Glad to hear you believe in God.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:59 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nice, Glad to hear you believe in God.

But what does that have to do with Satan?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 06:16 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I believe Satan exists as The Book of Job describes him, a tempter. That being stated, if a person wants to worship Satan and isn't hurting anybody, I have no problem with that.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 06:27 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

The devil is real, he just convinced everyone he wasn't. Pretty genius con...

Keyser Soze.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 06:46 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
"The ancient had more knowledge"?

Like the flat Earth, the Earth was the center of the universe and if there was a flood, then a witch was to blame?

laughing

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 06:47 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

faith is a gift for God.

So that Chip-N-Dip I got him probably won't go over very well.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 07:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Heh!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 07:53 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

The topic is a statue of Satan in Detroit. If people have nothing to add to the discussion then please refrain from posting. Saying that something isn't real serves no purpose but to antagonize or push an agenda. The statue is real, stay on topic. Thank you.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 08:03 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Why would anyone be upset about a statue?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 08:44 PM