KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Authority (WS) Vs Shuma Gorath

The Authority (WS) Vs Shuma Gorath
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Arrow The Authority (WS) Vs Shuma Gorath

Full team with Jenny Quantum, they have the Carrier and all that implies.
Other than that no prep.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 10:22 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Shuma shows thows them why they call him 3 willy seth

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 12:21 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ouch.
This seemed like the kind of one dimensional (no pun intended) villain, sll power, no personality, that the Authority always wound up fighting.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 02:21 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Lol. I really am not sure, i have only seen a few issues of the Authority that involved Seth. So dont take my answer to seriously

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 02:23 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

There was actually an issue of the Authority where they fought an Elder God analog. Not quite Shuma in terms of feats. But, I mean, Strange has taken on Shuman numerous times. Very little that he can do isn't replicable by The Doctor, and that doesn't even account for the rest of the team. I'm not a Shuma expert by any stretch, so this isn't a set-in-stone opinion. But it should be the Authority, right?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 02:52 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'm no expert either, but your example about the analog is one of the reasons i thought of this...!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 10:05 AM
DarkSaint85

Re: The Authority (WS) Vs Shuma Gorath

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Full team with Jenny Quantum, they have the Carrier and all that implies.
Other than that no prep.

I'd go with the Authority, for this.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 10:54 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by Digi
There was actually an issue of the Authority where they fought an Elder God analog. Not quite Shuma in terms of feats. But, I mean, Strange has taken on Shuman numerous times. Very little that he can do isn't replicable by The Doctor, and that doesn't even account for the rest of the team. I'm not a Shuma expert by any stretch, so this isn't a set-in-stone opinion. But it should be the Authority, right?

Strange only outright beat him when he was amped; although there was another instance where he beat him unamped, Shuma wasn't quite at full power. Shuma is a bit below Odin's level so Jenny Q and the Doctor are the only relevant players here.

IMO, The Authority are most likely to beat him; Jenny alone has the power to take him on but her portrayals were pretty inconsistent so im not too sure. Although with the doctor at her side, id definitely put my money on them.

Last edited by operator616 on Jul 31st, 2015 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 08:34 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by operator616
Strange only outright beat him when he was amped; although there was another instance where he beat him unamped, Shuma wasn't quite at full power. Shuma is a bit below Odin's level so Jenny Q and the Doctor are the only relevant players here.

IMO, The Authority are most likely to beat him; Jenny alone has the power to take him on but her portrayals were pretty inconsistent so im not too sure. Although with the doctor at her side, id definitely put my money on them.

Didn't one of Strange's victories involve him becoming a new Shuma? Not that it takes away from the feat.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 08:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by Surtur
Didn't one of Strange's victories involve him becoming a new Shuma? Not that it takes away from the feat.

Yes, though he was amped when he pulled that off.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 08:53 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was that due to a natural thing that comes as a result of killing Shuma, or was it some last ditch effort to try to somewhat reincarnate himself?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 08:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Was that due to a natural thing that comes as a result of killing Shuma, or was it some last ditch effort to try to somewhat reincarnate himself?

It was as a side effect of fighting Shuma as well as absorbing his powers which led him to become Shuma.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 09:05 PM
riv6672

I wouldnt want to see the Doctor as Shuma... confused

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 10:41 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Shuma is above Odin. I'd place him above galactus but galan is difficult to gauge because he's rarely at full power and shuma weakens outside his realm. Imo he stomps this team hard

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 10:53 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Shuma is above Odin. I'd place him above galactus but galan is difficult to gauge because he's rarely at full power and shuma weakens outside his realm. Imo he stomps this team hard

Based on what feats exactly?

Jenny has absorbed a baby universe which was stated to be able to overwrite the mainstream universe, flipped the universe into a fictional one, created a pocket dimension, stalemated the Doctor (whose power was said to be able to re-create the universe from the big bang till the end of time, he also created a big bang in another arc). And on top of that, her twin sister who was confirmed to be her exact equal was merging every single universe in the multiverse (jenny has even inhabited her sister's body ever since that arc which tells us just how equal they really were).

Like i said before - the only reason i said Jenny couldn't solo is because of her inconsistent portrayal (writer ignorance mostly imo; like for example in one story she couldn't even fly iirc laughing out loud ) and lack of fights but her feats shit all over Shuma's; Same thing with the Doctor (Jeroen) who was high most of his time with the Authority. But both of them can definitely take on Shuma without a doubt.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 11:38 PM
zopzop
The Weeknd

This :
(please log in to view the image)
played a major role in Strange taking on and beating Gorath.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 12:50 AM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

A dirty rat.

Guess no matter how big you are, you need to watch out for the little guy.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 10:14 AM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

If Shuma is actively fighting he rapes the team.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 01:04 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I assumed he'd be active, yes. thumb up

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 01:28 PM
MaZeRaIII
The Champion of the Gods

Shuma.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 06:23 PM
MaZeRaIII is currently offline Click here to Send MaZeRaIII a Private Message Find more posts by MaZeRaIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote