KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Authority (WS) Vs Shuma Gorath

The Authority (WS) Vs Shuma Gorath
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Alt bump!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 06:35 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MaZeRaIII
The Champion of the Gods

Nope.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 06:45 PM
MaZeRaIII is currently offline Click here to Send MaZeRaIII a Private Message Find more posts by MaZeRaIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by operator616
Based on what feats exactly?

Jenny has absorbed a baby universe which was stated to be able to overwrite the mainstream universe, flipped the universe into a fictional one, created a pocket dimension, stalemated the Doctor (whose power was said to be able to re-create the universe from the big bang till the end of time, he also created a big bang in another arc). And on top of that, her twin sister who was confirmed to be her exact equal was merging every single universe in the multiverse (jenny has even inhabited her sister's body ever since that arc which tells us just how equal they really were).

Like i said before - the only reason i said Jenny couldn't solo is because of her inconsistent portrayal (writer ignorance mostly imo; like for example in one story she couldn't even fly iirc laughing out loud ) and lack of fights but her feats shit all over Shuma's; Same thing with the Doctor (Jeroen) who was high most of his time with the Authority. But both of them can definitely take on Shuma without a doubt.

We've had this discussion before. But...with the exception of the evil Jenny stuff (which, it should be noted, wasn't Jenny herself even if her potential is the same), I think you embellish some of these feats. Still, I agree with the assessment that they're capable of hanging with Shuma.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 08:49 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Authority.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 09:38 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Digi
We've had this discussion before. But...with the exception of the evil Jenny stuff (which, it should be noted, wasn't Jenny herself even if her potential is the same), I think you embellish some of these feats. Still, I agree with the assessment that they're capable of hanging with Shuma.

I wondered at a few things in the post you quoted, but didnt feel like going into it.
I got a pretty good idea on how this'd go now, and for that i thank you.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 10:10 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

I dont see how given that the feats are 100% supported by on panel evidence. You can go ahead and specify how exactly i embellished her feats.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 04:26 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Not having read that story i'd be interested in this.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 10:22 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I dont see how given that the feats are 100% supported by on panel evidence. You can go ahead and specify how exactly i embellished her feats.

Aight, let's take a look:

Jenny has absorbed a baby universe which was stated to be able to overwrite the mainstream universe, flipped the universe into a fictional one, created a pocket dimension, stalemated the Doctor (whose power was said to be able to re-create the universe from the big bang till the end of time, he also created a big bang in another arc). And on top of that, her twin sister who was confirmed to be her exact equal was merging every single universe in the multiverse (jenny has even inhabited her sister's body ever since that arc which tells us just how equal they really were).

The Doctor "feat" about recreating the universe is never shown. Hyperbole exists all over comics. I can't say he has that level of power until shown, especially since the majority of his feats top out at planetary level.

The Big Bang creation is entirely taken out of context if that's all you say. He teleported a guy to nothingness, where the laws of reality weren't yet written, and a building-level explosion could mean a big bang, relative to the nothing. It was a dimensional port feat; nothing more. Tons of heralds can do the same. So this one is by far the most misleading, as "created a universe" and "ported a guy to a different dimension" are leagues apart from one another.

The evil Jenny feat, as mentioned, wasn't Jenny. We can't count potential on the forums. Jenny's got enough good feats on her own, but none others come close to that.

What are you talking about with "flipping the universe into a fictional one?" I'm not sure what that refers to.

The pocket dimension is indeed a really cool feat, but it's unclear how it translates into head-to-head power against a being like Shuma. Much like the Doctor's "Garden" realm, it may just be a specific manifestation of her power, not something she can do at a whim with any reality.

Swallowing the baby universe powering the Carrier was a great feat. Nothing to say there; I agree in full. It's a touch unquantifiable, and highly unlikely that it translates to her being able to absorb a universe-busting blast, but still a beastly feat.

I'm one of the biggest Authority advocates on the board, and probably the biggest Doctor advocate. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm right, but it does mean that I'm willing to give these character more benefit of the doubt than most. So if I'm questioning these feats, I'm far from the only one that would do so.

Last edited by Digi on Aug 4th, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 12:10 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Wow.
Okay, color me less sure of the Authority's chances.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 10:01 AM
operator616

The Doctor "feat" about recreating the universe is never shown. Hyperbole exists all over comics. I can't say he has that level of power until shown, especially since the majority of his feats top out at planetary level.

The Big Bang creation is entirely taken out of context if that's all you say. He teleported a guy to nothingness, where the laws of reality weren't yet written, and a building-level explosion could mean a big bang, relative to the nothing. It was a dimensional port feat; nothing more. Tons of heralds can do the same. So this one is by far the most misleading, as "created a universe" and "ported a guy to a different dimension" are leagues apart from one another.

Can you show me where exactly is it stated that a building level explosion could result in a big bang in a reality made of nothingness? Because it seems to me that you're just making things up. Show me one instance in any comic whatsoever where it's stated that a random explosion in a universe made of nothingness ignites an entire big bang. Go ahead. I guarantee you that you won't find one.

All ive done is state exactly what was shown on panel. While you are the one who's assuming things. You're the one who's assuming that a random explosion ignited a big bang even though nothing - absolutely nothing - of the sort was even hinted on panel.

The evil Jenny feat, as mentioned, wasn't Jenny. We can't count potential on the forums. Jenny's got enough good feats on her own, but none others come close to that.

Jenny Q's consciousness was successfully transferred into Fractal's body, this was specifically attributed to them being identical in almost every respect:

http://i.imgur.com/4sgxm0z.jpg?1?5568

Im not saying that we should attribute that feat to Jenny Q, all im saying is that it should count for something. It really shows where Jenny Q stands in terms of power level.

What are you talking about with "flipping the universe into a fictional one?" I'm not sure what that refers to.

The Authority vs Lobo #1.

http://i.imgur.com/rzQypgR.jpg?1

The pocket dimension is indeed a really cool feat, but it's unclear how it translates into head-to-head power against a being like Shuma. Much like the Doctor's "Garden" realm, it may just be a specific manifestation of her power, not something she can do at a whim with any reality.

Future Jenny said that all she did was think of the infinite city and it was there. That's some serious reality warping power.

I'm one of the biggest Authority advocates on the board, and probably the biggest Doctor advocate. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm right, but it does mean that I'm willing to give these character more benefit of the doubt than most. So if I'm questioning these feats, I'm far from the only one that would do so.

Noted.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 02:43 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Shuma-Gorath.

And Odin is Dormammu level. Odin being above Shuma is a complete bs opinion.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 04:50 PM
Robbie_Rotten is currently offline Click here to Send Robbie_Rotten a Private Message Find more posts by Robbie_Rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Odin is far above Shuma.
erm

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 07:32 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Originally posted by abhilegend
Odin is far above Shuma.
erm

lol, hell no. Odin wouldn't even be able to deal with Agamotto alone.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 10:52 PM
Robbie_Rotten is currently offline Click here to Send Robbie_Rotten a Private Message Find more posts by Robbie_Rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cant buy off on Odin>Shuma. At least, not comparatively. Their powers seem too different.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 11:57 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Can you show me where exactly is it stated that a building level explosion could result in a big bang in a reality made of nothingness? Because it seems to me that you're just making things up. Show me one instance in any comic whatsoever where it's stated that a random explosion in a universe made of nothingness ignites an entire big bang. Go ahead. I guarantee you that you won't find one.

All ive done is state exactly what was shown on panel. While you are the one who's assuming things. You're the one who's assuming that a random explosion ignited a big bang even though nothing - absolutely nothing - of the sort was even hinted on panel.

It's not stated. It's shown. We see the other guys blow up. Hell, it's not even building-sized. That was me being generous. Then the Doctor teleports him to nothingness, and his explosion creates a big bang.

None of the big bang was the Doctor's power. It was the guy exploding. Period. This is an entirely unambiguous feat that numerous heralds can duplicate, that you're turning into an abstract-level feat for no good reason.

Again, for clarity, the feat shows exactly one thing: The Doctor can teleport someone to a different - and in this case unborn - dimension. Nothing else.

Jenny Q's consciousness was successfully transferred into Fractal's body, this was specifically attributed to them being identical in almost every respect:

http://i.imgur.com/4sgxm0z.jpg?1?5568

Im not saying that we should attribute that feat to Jenny Q, all im saying is that it should count for something. It really shows where Jenny Q stands in terms of power level.

It shows her potential, I agree. But we can't count potential, and nothing she ever did compares to that feat.

The Authority vs Lobo #1.

http://i.imgur.com/rzQypgR.jpg?1

Those Lobo stories were always tenuously canonical bc the writers clearly didn't give a damn. But yeah, ok.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 03:32 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by CortSether
lol, hell no. Odin wouldn't even be able to deal with Agamotto alone.

laughing out loud

Yeah, right.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 03:45 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

laughing out loud

Yeah, right.

Laugh all you want. Doesn't change that Odin is no match for the Vishanti.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 04:18 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Laugh all you want. Doesn't change that Odin is no match for the Vishanti.

laughing out loud

Yeah, we totally believe you. Go wank that one eyed jobber somewhere else.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 05:33 PM
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

laughing out loud

Yeah, we totally believe you. Go wank that one eyed jobber somewhere else.

It's not wanking, it's recognizing fact.

Odin is Dormammu's equal more or less. Agamotto alone was enough to keep Dormammu from taking over Earth before a Sorcerer Supreme was established.

It's Marvel fact that 1/3 of the Vishanti is all that is required to deal with an equal of Dormammu, in other words Odin.

It took the combined Vishanti to fight classic Shuma-Gorath.

Shuma-Gorath=Vishanti >>> Dormammu=Odin

Last edited by Robbie_Rotten on Aug 6th, 2015 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 05:46 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's not wanking, it's recognizing fact.

Odin is Dormammu's equal more or less. Agamotto alone was enough to keep Dormammu from taking over Earth before a Sorcerer Supreme was established.

It's Marvel fact that 1/3 of the Vishanti is all that is required to deal with an equal of Dormammu, in other words Odin.

It took the combined Vishanti to fight classic Shuma-Gorath.

Shuma-Gorath=Vishanti >>> Dormammu=Odin

So much ABC logic? You actually believe that, don't you?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 05:53 PM