KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mafia III

Mafia III
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Mafia III

http://www.ibtimes.com/mafia-iii-of...xt-week-2028945

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/gs-n...i/2300-6426268/

Officially announced, trailer out next week.

(please log in to view the image)

Thoughts?

THIS IS AN AMAZING YEAR TO BE A GAMER!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Last edited by Jmanghan on Aug 1st, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 11:56 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looking forward to it

only just got the second one through Steam recently, Big improvement on the first one

looks like they've gone with the 1960's or 70's going by that promo picture.

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 1st, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 12:39 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I look forward to this, the second was a improvement from the first, and I imagine the third will to be a improvement, so overall very optimistic smile That and I'm a completely in love with the Mafia series smile

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 01:27 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wonder if they can outdo the the second game on the F Bombs.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 02:12 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe. I'm hoping it's a bit a different era than previous games. It might look like it takes place in the 70's, which would be a good idea to explore a different time period.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 03:22 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

For some reason I thought this was a thread for the next Assassin's Creed game, so when I saw Smas' post I got super excited.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 05:44 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
It’s 1968 and the rules have changed. After years in Vietnam, Lincoln Clay knows this truth: Family isn’t who you’re born with, it’s who you die for.

wow i was close for the era

trailer in the link
http://au.ign.com/videos/2015/08/05...r-gamescom-2015

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 12:19 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm very interested in the period they are doing and especially interested in the location of New Orleans. It's nice to see a game try something different other than New York, LA and Chicago.

But......I think the voice sounds ****ing dumb. Sounds like Bale's Batman voice but all the time.....

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 01:25 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I never had a problem with Bale's Batman voice.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 01:31 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I never did either. It made sense considering you can't really have the same voice as your doppelganger.

I know what I wrote sounds like I didn't like the voice in all three Batman movies but what I meant was the voice in the trailer sounds dumb because it would be present throughout the game instead of bite size chunks.

Also, the character model does not look like it would have a voice that low. He needs to be like 7 feet tall and 300 pounds of muscle.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 01:38 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The bass singer from Pentatonix looks nothing like his voice. He's got one of the deepest voices I've ever heard and he looks like this.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 05:48 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh, still a shitty voice.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 05:53 PM
Jmanghan

...So, we're not gonna learn what happened to Vito? Or Joe?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 03:33 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, the second game had a mission where you killed the main character from the first game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing in Mafia 3.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 03:41 PM
Jmanghan

Yeah, but thats because [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The first character dies at the end of the first game, and he betrayed the mob, which Vito never did.

Either way, it'd kinda suck to never find out what happened to them, though its worth pointing out that Joe had a loaded pistol when he entered his limo.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 03:45 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I forgot he died at the end of the game.

But it doesn't really matter. They can still have something very similar to the mission the second game. It's pretty easy to work out.

Also, I think it's assumed that Joe died.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 03:49 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Vito is supposed to be one of Clay's lieutenants, so if that's true, he's still alive.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 11:20 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Who the f*ck is Clay?...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 01:09 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Who the f*ck is Clay?...

Have you been paying attention?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 02:39 AM
Jmanghan

You mean the trailer? Didn't see Vito there.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 07:59 AM