KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman vs. Black Canary (both powerless)

Wonder Woman vs. Black Canary (both powerless)
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wonder Woman vs. Black Canary (both powerless)

Hth, no weapons.

Oh, and they fight naked.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 02:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MaZeRaIII
The Champion of the Gods

WW.
She was shown to be a better fighter.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 02:26 PM
MaZeRaIII is currently offline Click here to Send MaZeRaIII a Private Message Find more posts by MaZeRaIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Canary wins.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 04:48 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Canary

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 04:54 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Diana. Preboot or not.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 07:03 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Interesting. So atm we have 2 votes for WW, 2 for Canary. Didn't think it'd be so close.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 07:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I started a similar thread when i first got here (equal bodies, canary cry/lasso). WW was said to be the better at h2h, which was my first exposure to her being more than a gladiator style fighter.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 08:00 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Interesting. So atm we have 2 votes for WW, 2 for Canary. Didn't think it'd be so close.

Well, pre-reboot, they were actual sparing partners. In a match with sticks when Canary won, she accused Diana of holding back (and I mean, not in the powers sense, because obviously Dinah notes that if she used her powers than Diana would too and it'd be over so they weren't using powers in the fight, but in the skill sense).

So, pre-reboot, Canary thinks Diana is better but they're close and Dinah can get wins.

This is a real 'both sides can present solid arguments' fight.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 08:20 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
This is a real 'both sides can present solid arguments' fight.

Let us decide in the usual manner then. Proceed to the name calling!

On the real though, i always thought BC was better, but then i thought WW was trained in some sort of hybrid greco roman style, with sword/shield/bow/spear thrown in.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 08:26 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by riv6672
but then i thought WW was trained in some sort of hybrid greco roman style, with sword/shield/bow/spear thrown in.

As her base, sure.

However, she has a passion for fighting, and trains for fun.

Heck, there was an excellent comic (Welcome to the Working Week) that showed that she brought some villains- including Lady Shiva- to the Watchtower for sparing in exchange for time off their sentences (partially as a way to nudge them towards rehabilitation, of course, but still).

Batman and her have been seen exchanging feedback while sparring as well.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 08:46 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

This is just my opinion so bear with me.

If Karate Kid is a 15 and Batman is a 12, I think Wonderwoman would be something like a 10 or 11 max and Black Canary a 9.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 09:08 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^while not commenting on the ratings you've given (nothing wrong with them), i cant recall what rating system you're using, though i'm sure i've seen it before. Is it an in universe thing?
Anyone?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 09:29 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

^^^while not commenting on the ratings you've given (nothing wrong with them), i cant recall what rating system you're using, though i'm sure i've seen it before. Is it an in universe thing?
Anyone?

It's from Countdown to infinite Crisis. When Batman faught Karate Kid (who has lost his memories) he commented on Clark rating KK as a 15 level MA while rating Bruce as a 12 ^^.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 09:38 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Okay, i have read that. Now i just need a Superman fan to explain where Supes got that rating system/what makes him so qualified to judge top tier MAs.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 09:52 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Okay, i have read that. Now i just need a Superman fan to explain where Supes got that rating system/what makes him so qualified to judge top tier MAs.

Superbrain I guess. Though to be honest, as much as it pains me, Karate Kid even without knowing who he is, was better than Bruce.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 09:54 PM
riv6672

See, thats my question (thanks for scan). Is Supes using a system established by some other source, or is he the source if the system?
Not meaning to derail, though, i'm asking the question elsewhere. You just made my curiosity tingle.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 10:09 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

See, thats my question (thanks for scan). Is Supes using a system established by some other source, or is he the source if the system?
Not meaning to derail, though, i'm asking the question elsewhere. You just made my curiosity tingle.

I think he made it himself tbh. Maybe Karate Kid helped him xD.

Anyway, there was also another system in Countdown from the OMAC files, that was pretty nice, wish they had shown more of it.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 10:23 PM
riv6672

Nice.
They should have done a tie in comic with the character profiles.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 10:38 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Though to be honest, as much as it pains me, Karate Kid even without knowing who he is, was better than Bruce.

They were pretty even. Both landed a few hits and that's it. Sure, KK was acting all cocky and listing Bruce's injuries, but he wasn't doing any better with a beaten up face like Rihanna...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 10:58 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Seems to be based on the Coluan rating system, just applied to other stats.

If true, would make KK the MA equivelent to what Brainiac is to intelligence.
Where as Brainiac's lineage are 12th, like Vril or Querl.
Just like Batman's MA level.

The highest we've seen claimed is 16, which is what Brainiac claims every time Lex outsmarts him.
But Lex wastes away his potential trying to rival Superman.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 11:12 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote