KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kenobi and Maul run a gauntlet

Kenobi and Maul run a gauntlet
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

If they get lucky, they might reach 6. They're most likely done at 4 though.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 11:01 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Because Sid's argument was that Dooku can handle Kenobi and Anakin at once, so why not Kenobi and Maul.

So I put the handling Kenobi and Anakin into a bit of context.
Ah I see, that makes some sense.
quote:
Dunno. Opress and Ventress teamed up quite well against Dooku. Dooku was still winning that one, but this duo is far superior to the Ventress/Opress duo.
The only blow they landed was when Opress knocked them to the ground, aside from that Dooku pretty much humiliated them...

On the other hand Ventress vs Vos, he played them off each other then ragdolled them both, knocking Ventress near unconscious.
quote:
Even if Dooku's at 90%, a Dooku vs Maul can really go either way IMO.
That is very true, though Maul would have expended energy too.
quote:
You should check out the script, which has both Kenobi and Dooku getting tired in the 3 way (although Kenobi getting tired at that point is a bit silly, unless he was already a bit tired from the start of the fight).
Well I was referring to the novel, but that was probably because of Anakin.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 11:17 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
The only blow they landed was when Opress knocked them to the ground, aside from that Dooku pretty much humiliated them...

According to the Official Site, he "barely" bested them:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/sa...ography-gallery

^ Slide 8:

"Dooku's Sith mastery barely gave him the edge over his former apprentices."

He was of course far superior to either one (in Sabers and in the Force), but I think saying he was humiliating them both is taking it a bit far, since they fought for a while and he never actually took out either one of them, and the fight in fact ended with Dooku and Ventress combining their powers to attack Opress, then Dooku escaping.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 11:29 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Fair enough, I see your point.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 11:58 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

He was of course far superior to either one (in Sabers and in the Force), but I think saying he was humiliating them both is taking it a bit far, since they fought for a while and he never actually took out either one of them, and the fight in fact ended with Dooku and Ventress combining their powers to attack Opress, then Dooku escaping.

That fight isn't a best example in that scenario. You said that he was barely winning against inferior duo. Yeah, true. But it was very small room, they took Dooku by surprise.
His fight against similar/a bit superior combo (Anakin and Obi-Wan) in the last season of TCW and movie as well is far better example.
Fight on the open field is far better scenario for Dooku.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 08:53 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by McP
That fight isn't a best example in that scenario. You said that he was barely winning against inferior duo. Yeah, true. But it was very small room, they took Dooku by surprise.

Oh I'm not ignoring the context, or pretending that was Dooku's best performance or anything. Just pointing out, that fight in that situation wasn't easy for him.

Originally posted by McP
His fight against similar/a bit superior combo (Anakin and Obi-Wan) in the last season of TCW and movie as well is far better example.
Fight on the open field is far better scenario for Dooku.

Yeah that was a pretty awesome performance.

But he's clearly had far more trouble with Anakin in the past. So i think we have to put all the evidence together and judge.

Which is why I say Dooku would certainly have a shot at taking them both. But I personally think a split or win for the Maul/Kenobi duo is more likely. Especially given Maul's beastly Tk, which he seems to have better control/mastery over than Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

I'm wondering which fight would be harder for them: against Dooku or against Vader

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 01:41 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Vader is more powerful but Dooku was capable of taking out Kenobi while there was someone superior to Maul fighting next to him so Dooku might actually perform better. On the other hand, Vader could very well abuse TK and take out Kenobi like Dooku did since he is more powerful than Dooku so I guess it all depends on how you look at the fight that took place on the Invisible Hand.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Stops at 1. Dooku flings Kenobi into one of those pillars and then pins him beneath it with TK. Then he solidly defeats Maul.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 07:02 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vixas

They MIGHT pass 1. Maybe. After that... the chances of them winning get very, very, very low.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Vixas a Private Message Find more posts by Vixas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Vader would trash this team. If Dooku and Maul can choke Kenobi then Vader who is much more powerful than either of them will be able too easily. Then consider that Maul isn't all that much stronger in the Force than Kenobi and he should be up for a good thrashing as well.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 07:16 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WildBantha88
If Maul can choke Kenobi consider that Maul isn't all that much stronger in the Force than Kenobi

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 07:26 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

thumb up

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

I don't see how they are getting past 1. KenobI has shown he isn't on dookus level and Dooku can take him out with the force if necessary and Dooku is more than capable of taking down maul with his blade or his force powers, and if KenobI does he won't get a force rage boost due to him hating keneobi and with that the teams synergy is off completely and they would never get along due you know maul killing Obi wans master, and Kenobi chopping maul in half and leaving him for dead on Naboo. So synergy isn't good what so ever.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 07:55 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I dunno I think putting all the evidence together: Dooku vs Opress & Ventress, Dooku vs Obi-Wan and Anakin, Dooku vs Anakin..

It seems to me putting all that together, that Dooku vs Maul and Obi-Wan could probably end up being a pretty even match up.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:04 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I dunno I think putting all the evidence together: Dooku vs Opress & Ventress, Dooku vs Obi-Wan and Anakin, Dooku vs Anakin..

It seems to me putting all that together, that Dooku vs Maul and Obi-Wan could probably end up being a pretty even match up.

The only reason Dooku struggled against Ventress and Opress was location. It was an environment where they could capitalize on Savage's raw power the most. In a locale where Dooku can retreat rather than match the strength head on like the Geonosis arena, I believe Dooku has a much better chance of eliminating Kenobi fairly swiftly.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lord Stark
The only reason Dooku struggled against Ventress and Opress was location. It was an environment where they could capitalize on Savage's raw power the most. In a locale where Dooku can retreat rather than match the strength head on like the Geonosis arena, I believe Dooku has a much better chance of eliminating Kenobi fairly swiftly.

Could also be a factor on why he lost to DS Vos. Since Vos (like Ventress/Opress) found Dooku to challenge him, Dooku didn't exactly choose the environment as he wasn't even expecting the fight.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 01:24 PM
McP

Originally posted by WildBantha88
VIf Dooku and Maul can choke Kenobi then Vader who is much more powerful than either of them will be able too easily.

It's quite possible, that Dooku was able to catch Kenobi off-guard only because he outmaneuvered him in lightsaber duel. Kenobi lost his balance and lowered his guard in the Force.
Against Maul he was caught about 3 times? Against Maul and Opress he had to split his attention between both of them. Next time he was in terrible condition, just after his ship was shot down. And in "The Sith Hunters" he lowered his guard and attacked Maul as fast as he could to protect other beaten Jedi.

With this kind of interpretation, it's possible that Vader would be forced to distract Kenobi before he could catch him off-guard. Would be hard since ROTS Kenobi is at least comperable (or superior) duelist. And Maul is there as well.

But if we assume that both, Dooku and Maul, could catch Kenobi with their TK, then I agree, that Vader would stomp Kenobi and then would beat Maul.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 05:33 PM
Darth Thor

^ Yeah for all the "Maul ragdolls Kenobi" I keep hearing, we've never once seen Maul Force Tk choke/ragdoll Kenobi mid-duel in a fair 1 v 1.

Whilst Dooku on the other hand manages to lay Physical and TK attacks on Kenobi mid-duel whilst it's actually Dooku who is outnumbered.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 06:30 PM
McP

^
Yep.

Dooku manages to lay physical attacks on Skywalker as well. I'm wondering why people still believing that "Makashi is weak against strong forms" and are completly ignoring that Dooku was able to overcame both, Anakin and Obi-Wan at once, in a saberlock (which throw them off balance and enabled him to lay kick on Skywalker and choke on Kenobi).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 08:52 PM