KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kenobi and Maul run a gauntlet

Kenobi and Maul run a gauntlet
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by McP
^
Yep.

Dooku manages to lay physical attacks on Skywalker as well. I'm wondering why people still believing that "Makashi is weak against strong forms" and are completly ignoring that Dooku was able to overcame both, Anakin and Obi-Wan at once, in a saberlock (which throw them off balance and enabled him to lay kick on Skywalker and choke on Kenobi).

The Saberlock can be explained away by precise positioning of his blade on their blades. Makashi is very precise. But I doubt his one arm is actually stronger than both of Kenobi's and Anakin's combined lol.

That said I actually think Makashi is almost ideal at defending against Power blows, much like Soresu (but being very distinct from Soresu being a one handed style therefore having to give more ground but using less energy). We see that in Savage's training session where Dooku's easily side stepping and deflecting Opress's power blows to the side, tripping him up. We also see that when he's defending himself against Anakin and Obi-Wan's combined assault in TCW and in ROTS, and against Anakin's rage enhanced assault in TCW- Crisis on Naboo.

No idea where the rumour began that Dooku is the one who is weak to physical attacks. Considering when Anakin has landed that one kick on Dooku in Crisis on Naboo it was no where near as lethal as the kick Dooku landed on Anakin in ROTS.

Aside from that I don't remember Dooku getting hit (physically) very often, if at all.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 24th, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

I never said, that Dooku is physically stronger then Anakin or even Obi-Wan. But his Force mastery may enable him to generate such kinetic power, that would much their's combined. Anakin needs boost of rage to dominate Dooku. Confirmed in "Rise and Fall of DV". He was also using a lot of ager at the end of their fight on Naboo.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:39 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I think these guys are being pretty underrated.

7 imo.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 07:33 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by McP
I never said, that Dooku is physically stronger then Anakin or even Obi-Wan. But his Force mastery may enable him to generate such kinetic power, that would much their's combined. Anakin needs boost of rage to dominate Dooku. Confirmed in "Rise and Fall of DV". He was also using a lot of ager at the end of their fight on Naboo.

True but Anger comes pretty naturally to Anakin. Like it does to Opress tbh.

Dooku has displayed amazing bursts of Force enhanced strength like his kick on Skywalker in ROTS. But that's not really an option to use throughout the duel (I mean to that extent). So it's mainly down to his superior combat skill that helps him to engage both Kenobi and Skywalker together IMO.

Originally posted by carthage
I think these guys are being pretty underrated.

To be honest they would be a Lethal team. Given that they're both probably a level above Ventress and Opress.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 25th, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 10:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote