KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars 7: Midiclorians?

Star Wars 7: Midiclorians?
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Star Wars 7: Midiclorians?

well, just heard some very disappointing news....

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-for...midi-chlorians/

So, it sounds like the midiclorians won't reach episode 7

I'm sure most of you are disappointed with this, but thought I would bring the news anyway....

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 06:33 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

SW7 is officially ruined now.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 06:55 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

They can't really just pretend like there isn't midichlorians in Ep. 7. Unless they just don't mention them, which is probably what was meant. It would be stupid to just start overwriting the Prequels when there's a huge effort to keep the new continuity aligned. (Including the Prequels, TCW, Rebels, anthology films, and various new comics and books). And to be honest it seems the new management/people working on the films are neglecting the fact that there are Prequel fans, and even I've noticed they seem to be throwing shade at the PT whenever they get the chance.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 07:57 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

They are just going to ignore and not mention it. That doesn't mean they aren't there. They want to distance themselves from a lot of prequel stuff which will really start to get ridiculous if this keeps up. This one particular aspect doesn't bother me as it is still the explanation. I am glad Lucas gave it in the prequels.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 04:09 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

screw that. reboot it and make a proper prequel (sans-midichlorians, of course).

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 04:27 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I still think people just blew the whole thing out of proportion...you still have that field created by living things, just that it's explained why some could use it and some couldn't. Literally no different seeing as Han couldn't use it, yet Luke was.

At least that's how I saw it, nothing more and nothing less.

But then I've never understood the hate for the PT anyway. I mean I know the hate, but it looks like to me it's all mostly on opinion.

Plus as King said, there are fans.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 5th, 2015 at 04:37 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I still think people just blew the whole thing out of proportion...you still have that field created by living things, just that it's explained why some could use it and some couldn't. Literally no different seeing as Han couldn't use it, yet Luke was.

But then I've never understood the hate for the PT anyway. I mean I know the hate, but it looks like to me it's all mostly on opinion.

I agree. The midi-chlorians were like IQ scores. They aren't 100% important or accurate.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Prequels gave me rots by far my favorite Star Wars film to date.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 07:19 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I agree. The midi-chlorians were like IQ scores. They aren't 100% important or accurate.

...or even remotely necessary to the story

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well that's actually the bigger issue indeed. Other than a diagnostic to identify Anakin- which could have been done differently- GL never actually used them in any interesting way; the throwaway comment about them in ROTS is one of several instances of GL having ideas that could have been interesting but that he completely fails to translate into anything comprehensible in the PT (along with the Living Force and, odd as it seems, what exactly a Sith is).

No conceptual issues with midichlorians, just story issues with how they were implemented.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I was being sarcastic in my post btw....

Midiclorians didn't bother me anyway. I expected this would be the case. I do however agree that Disney is totally overdoing this prequels suck attitude. Especially with all this hype about practical effects. This is cool, but there totally rubbing it in Lucas's face to gain the old school fan support.....

They should at least honour one (or maybe 2) good things about the prequels. Not sure what that will be. I get the idea of continuing with the OT tone, just hope the new things will be exciting....

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 02:35 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

They were a useless plot point that was introduced, never used, and scarcely mentioned. Dropping them is a good thing.

Originally posted by JediRobin23
there totally rubbing it in Lucas's face to gain the old school fan support.....
That they feel the need to do this kinda says something.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
They were a useless plot point that was introduced, never used, and scarcely mentioned. Dropping them is a good thing.

That they feel the need to do this kinda says something.

Wasn't Kathleen Kennedy Lucas's friend? Lucas might have sold it cheap. If it makes 4 billion just on ep 7, then what a score....

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 11:11 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Wasn't Kathleen Kennedy Lucas's friend? Lucas might have sold it cheap. If it makes 4 billion just on ep 7, then what a score....

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 01:51 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No midi's, no loss.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 12:16 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

(please log in to view the image)

I like to defend the prequel likers..

Prequels were the ep 1-6 story....Lucas story.....

Old Post Aug 11th, 2015 04:41 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by |King Joker|
They can't really just pretend like there isn't midichlorians in Ep. 7. Unless they just don't mention them, which is probably what was meant. It would be stupid to just start overwriting the Prequels when there's a huge effort to keep the new continuity aligned. (Including the Prequels, TCW, Rebels, anthology films, and various new comics and books). And to be honest it seems the new management/people working on the films are neglecting the fact that there are Prequel fans, and even I've noticed they seem to be throwing shade at the PT whenever they get the chance.

thumb up

If they really want this film to make $2Billion+ at the box office, then they should aim it at All the previous Star Wars fans and not just the ones who are 40+ now. That's my personal financial advice to them anyway, but I'm sure all the Prequel fans will watch it despite all the little anti-prequel comments Abrams keeps dishing out.

thumb up

I've honestly never understood the issue people have with Midi-Chlorians. It was a way to explain how different Jedi/Sith have different Force Potential and how that potential is quantifiable. And like you said- why some people can't use it at all.

The Force was never just a "mystic" concept. Kenobi explaining it as an "energy field" in ANH sounded more scientific than magical. So there was always those 2 sides to it- Scientific and Supernatural. Midi-Chlorians was just expanding on the scientific aspect.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 11th, 2015 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2015 04:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

If they really want this film to make $2Billion+ at the box office, then they should aim it at All the previous Star Wars fans and not just the ones who are 40+ now. That's my personal financial advice to them anyway, but I'm sure all the Prequel fans will watch it despite all the little anti-prequel comments Abrams keeps dishing out.

I think they should just make a damn good movie and a well thought through story. THAT is what will appeal to audiences of all ages, not just lame marketing research or cuddly kiddie stuff. Make it work and make it work excellently, that's what I would say.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2015 09:42 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well yeah a good movie wouldn't hurt wink

Old Post Aug 13th, 2015 10:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nope, it certainly won't.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 02:45 PM