KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Tony Stewart and the death of Kevin Ward

Tony Stewart and the death of Kevin Ward
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tony Stewart and the death of Kevin Ward

Just curious where people stood on this issue? For those that do not know, about a year ago(or more) Kevin Ward was killed when he walked out into the middle of a race track(the race was at night too I think) during a race because he was apparently upset that someone had caused his car to crash or spin out or something..so he was angerly walking out into the track and a man named Tony Stewart struck and killed him.

Now Wards family is filing a wrongful death suit(a grand jury decided not to bring him up on any charges).

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...vs-tony-stewart

Just wondering if people think Stewart was indeed responsible? Since one could argue it is not very smart to walk out onto the middle of a race track during a race. Also, right before Stewart hit him two other drivers nearly hit him as well.

I honestly feel the family shouldn't get a dime from him, but sadly something tells me he might just settle with them in order to avoid this being dragged out. Their son is the one who got out of that car and decided to go walking after Stewart specifically(another reason other cars were able to avoid, dude wasn't heading specifically at them).

Some have said Stewart did see the kid and decided to try to drive close to him to scare him, but then skidded at the last second and hit the kid. If true that is different..though the kid still shares most of the blame. But it would be hard to prove that is what happened.

But like I said I'm sure he will just settle with this people and once again let people get away with frivolous law suits. It should be a thing that when someone sues someone else over stupid shit..they have to pay the legal fee's for the person they are suing.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 7th, 2015 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 09:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I think a wrongful death charge is appropriate if Stewart did swerve at him to scare him--that's reckless and dickish.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 11:14 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

It's more dickish and ungodly dumb to walk into the path of a speeding race car.

Not a nascar or Stewart fan, but honestly he did not cause the incident.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 03:47 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think a wrongful death charge is appropriate if Stewart did swerve at him to scare him--that's reckless and dickish.

True, but how would you prove that is what he did though? Since the kid made a beeline for that specific car.

If he did it..it was reckless, but he should of never been able to do it in the first place since the guy should not of gotten out of his car. Doesn't mean the guy should of tried to swerve near him if he did.

But since Ward is the one who willingly got out of his car and walked into the middle of the track the parents will have a hard time winning this case. But like I said, I'm sure Stewart will just settle with these people because they feel they deserve money and also know he probably won't want this getting dragged out.

They seem pissed that can't retire early and live off their son so they expect Stewart to fund their retirement plans instead. Even worse is if you read some of the asinine comments in that article..you have people saying "Ward basically committed suicide". That isn't the asinine part, the asinine part is someone else comes and says right after that "well then maybe Stewart should make it right". Which essentially means "he is rich and can afford it so he should toss these people some pity money".

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 8th, 2015 at 01:09 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 01:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Talk shit get hit

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 01:45 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote