KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)

Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)
Started by: KCJ506

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'm loving this start of generation thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 04:31 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

OMG!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 10:41 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Please, please, please, do not make this episodic like FF7 and Revelations 2. Don't **** this up.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 04:40 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Don't be jinxing it!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 05:28 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote:
Yeah, I understand Mercer. His Leon, as much as I love him, sounds too aged. They need a younger VA.

Claire, on the other hand, could have still worked fine. From what I heard, her not being hired had something to do with some union strike. Developers are avoiding certain VAs because of it.

I wonder now. What if Paul Haddad, if he came back, could pull off RE2 Leon like Alyson Court can with Claire still? That'd be awesome.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 02:49 AM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 02:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen that about the voice actors

seems Capcom are going with voice actor's that aren't part of a union.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 07:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

RE2 is one of the first games I played on PSX and it is still my favorite RE game. I been wanting a remake ever since the first REmake. So I am excited. Hope they can keep the atmosphere. No overly action oriented gp plz.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:22 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Well it was banking on the success of REmake's HD rerelease so it better keep the atmosphere.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 12:02 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Courtney Taylor's in the same boat and won't be voicing Ada Wong in this: https://twitter.com/courtenaytaylor...682124123291648

Unless Capcom is bringing back Ada Wong's original VA, Sally Cahill, these are some dark times.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 01:40 PM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

The original VA apparently voiced her in not only RE2, but RE4 and Darkside Chronicles as well. Kinda forgot about that but hope she's brought back in which case, but still sucks hard about the union VA's.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 03:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Courtney Taylor's in the same boat and won't be voicing Ada Wong in this: https://twitter.com/courtenaytaylor...682124123291648

Unless Capcom is bringing back Ada Wong's original VA, Sally Cahill, these are some dark times.
There will be a PC mod that dubs in the original voices for sure

PWNT

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 05:46 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't really care about the VA unless it is replaced with incredibly shitty ass RE1esque VA.

Just give me good graphics, atmosphere and gameplay. GG EZ.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 10:42 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

As long as whatever new VA's can sound similar enough to their predecessors with the character they're voicing, I'm fine with such replacements (unfortunate as the thing with the union VA's is), but sometimes they can miss the mark. Chris's new VA in Vendetta for example, wasn't bad, but it definitely didn't feel the same or sound much like post-RE1 Chris to me.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 10:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

The old ropes looking a little moldy.

They really are out of ideas, aren't they. Won't buy, I'll just pull out my PSX disc. ( Armored Core, not RE2. Could never go back to that game now thumb down )

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 10:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

An RE2 remake has been requested for years after the good makeover RE1 got. It's more to do with that than them simply running out of ideas. erm If an RE3 remake ever got requested enough and eventually made too (i.e. the last game before RE got modernized and actionfied with RE4), fans would rejoice that too. smile

Armored Core was at its peak for me during the PS2; didn't get to play the series much after that...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 11:10 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
An RE2 remake has been requested for years after the good makeover RE1 got. It's more to do with that than them simply running out of ideas. erm If an RE3 remake ever got requested enough and eventually made too (i.e. the last game before RE got modernized and actionfied with RE4), fans would rejoice that too. smile

Armored Core was at its peak for me during the PS2; didn't get to play the series much after that...

Yes. RE2 remake has been asked for ever since the original got remade for GC. I'm glad they finally decided to do it. Even if its just an obvious cash grab and an attempt to revitalize the series.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 11:17 PM
cdtm
@#$%

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

The ones I played on PS2 were very fun, if not the most critically acclaimed (Armored Core 2 and Silent Line)

But I'll always have fond memoies of Project Phantasma, the game that blew me away with it's little arena. Even if I had to exploit the low ceiling cave level to keep the final challengers from hopping all over the place and making me nausous panning up and down constantly. smile

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 12:44 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

For me Armored core lost its way when it concentrated on Arena matches when it came to the PS2 era. I did get Armored Core: Nexus at the time and that brought it back....even Armored Core: Verdict Day for PS3

Originally posted by cdtm

, not RE2. Could never go back to that game now thumb down )

Because of the tank like controls?

"shrugs" i could easily get back into those sort of controls.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 01:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 03:29 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

For a moment I thought you posted the trailer. Damn you.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 03:45 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote