KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)

Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)
Started by: KCJ506

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Astral Shaman

After I first beat RE2 I remember using my gameshark to pull all kinds of shenanigans.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 07:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How many times did you finish the game since there were Scenario's A & B?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 06:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
How many times did you finish the game since there were Scenario's A & B?

Lol I probably lost count. I remember being shocked when Hunk showed up though.

I remember my RE2 game case came with an advertisement for a part in an upcoming Resident Evil movie. This was back when rumors of Leonardo Dicaprio playing Leon were still floating around.

RE2 was the first game I ever played on playstation. The 2nd game was Tomb Raider 2.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 4th, 2017 at 02:09 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 02:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...-entry-to-date/

We've got some new rumors from relyonhorror who claims they got all this info from their own source. Take it all with a grain of salt. All of this sounds great IMO except for the OTS camera (wtf).

quote:
Capcom has been playing its cards close to its chest with the Resident Evil 2 Remake (a.k.a. REmake 2). We know they’ve been working on it, and…we don’t know much else. Well, hold onto your humanity, guys, because that’s about to change. One of Rely on Horror’s sources who’s close to the project has divulged some details.

-The game will run on an improved RE Engine with an impressive lighting engine
-The game will be aiming for a solid 30fps at 1080p on a standard PS4 and 60fps at native 4k on a PS4 Pro. Apparently the engine has a dynamic resolution when going into different rooms to help performance.
-The game is designed with 4K in mind, Meaning that the assets will be in Native -4K resolution
-Apparently going to be the best looking Resident Evil game.
-The camera is OTS but "stylized"...I guess we will find out soon enough.
-It will use a photogrammetry scanning Technology just like RE7 , but they state that they learned a lot from the Chris fiasco.
-Claire will have a different outfit while retaining it's familiarity
-Capcom had brought in outside contractors who have worked on RE2 and RE4.
-The game will include campaigns for both Leon and Claire, but despite the two campaigns the games length will be much longer than the original with additional areas.
-Game sticks to horror and survival horror elements

A lot of it has been backed by Dusk Golem who's a pretty well known data miner (I've come across his posts on various websites multiple times and he's always come across as the honest sort). Still, it's safer to take it all as rumors until we see more.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...-4#post-8329246

Also, here's a zombie model from one of Capcoms artists working on RE2.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 26th, 2018 at 07:02 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2018 06:55 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Minuteman

Sounds awesome, even the OTS camera.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:03 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'll buy it no matter what, but the main reason it bugs me is that it confirms we likely wont ever get a fixed camera angle RE ever again. If they didn't want to bring it back for RE2, it's officially a thing of the past. I like the OTS camera too (RE4 is my all time favorite game), but nostalgia had me hoping for fixed.

Still, I'm excited to experience a new take on Raccoon City, so it'll be great. Hopefully through, OTS stylized means like RE 3.5 Fog version.

EDIT: Also, Dusk Golem is apparently a verified and famous RE Insider.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 26th, 2018 at 07:22 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:07 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could never S rank that, no matter what.

Anyone remember a door with an electronic lock or something? Never used during the regular campaign..

Old Post May 26th, 2018 08:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'll buy it no matter what, but the main reason it bugs me is that it confirms we likely wont ever get a fixed camera angle RE ever again. If they didn't want to bring it back for RE2, it's officially a thing of the past. I like the OTS camera too (RE4 is my all time favorite game), but nostalgia had me hoping for fixed.

Still, I'm excited to experience a new take on Raccoon City, so it'll be great. Hopefully through, OTS stylized means like RE 3.5 Fog version.

EDIT: Also, Dusk Golem is apparently a verified and famous RE Insider.

I was hoping for a fixed camera myself, but as long as the game is as "horrory" as the original was, i'll take it.

Originally posted by cdtm
Could never S rank that, no matter what.

Anyone remember a door with an electronic lock or something? Never used during the regular campaign..

There were a couple of electronically locked doors. Can you be more specific?

Old Post May 26th, 2018 10:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime
Thinking About You

Speaking of S rank speedruns...I remember unlocking the gatling gun required you to beat the game, I can't remember which scenario, without saving. I got like 70% done and the power cut out in my house due to a random thunderstorm.

Felt miserable.

I'm always watching.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 11:33 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
I was hoping for a fixed camera myself, but as long as the game is as "horrory" as the original was, i'll take it.

There were a couple of electronically locked doors. Can you be more specific?

It had a few different colors to it, I think.

Or maybe a password. I forget.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 12:01 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Heard some glass shatter and looked around to see what broke. It was my heart. No fixed camera angles smh

Well as long as the OTS camera doesn't make you OP when fighting the zombies. I hope since this is set around the time they were rookies, aiming becomes a bit difficult like a shaky reticle or no reticle at all otherwise they're gonna have to make our iconic slow moving T-Virus zombies adapt in some absurd way.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 27th, 2018 at 01:06 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2018 12:53 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

They need to make fast zombies.

If they behave like the original, that WOULD be OP.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:12 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Exactly which is why I hope Capcom does something clever and handicap the aiming in a way. I don't want fast zombies in this. Unless every single one of them conveniently transform into Crimson Heads, they need to stay slow.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:18 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Frank West it?

Really limited ammo, a LOT of zombies everywhere, all the time, and making melee the primary thing.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:23 AM
-Pr-

I don't mind if the zombies are easy; dogs, lickers and that bastard in the b-game will be hard enough.

It had a few different colors to it, I think.

Or maybe a password. I forget.

Hmm, not sure. I recall doors requiring that a card be swiped in each game, or needing chess pieces to open, but bar that not sure.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Were there any optional doors you didn't need to unlock to complete a scenario?

Or any that were meant for the Hunk or Tofu games?

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:25 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Frank West it?

Really limited ammo, a LOT of zombies everywhere, all the time, and making melee the primary thing.

Well Claire at the time was a biker so I can definitely see that working.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:36 AM
Arachnid1

IDK I don't think I'd like an OTS RE with melee as the primary focus. My knife only runs in 4 and 5 we fun to mix things up, but not something I'd like for a first playthrough of a main game. Just stick to limited ammo so they work more as a fallback option.

Slow zombies would be hard to pull off but they could make up for it with numbers, insane damage soak, limited ammo, and a focus on tight/enclosed areas. The molded in RE7 were done well, for example, despite being an FPS (I still hated them design-wise though, lazy).

PWNT

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:56 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 02:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like they're making Mission B from the original release the main game.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 02:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote