KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)

Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)
Started by: KCJ506

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This looks great. I wonder if it will be enhanced for the Xbox One X.

I hope other developers learn from Capcom on how to remake classics. I have no problem taking an older game and essentially renovating it to fix gameplay styles of the present. I'm really looking forward to this with gameplay from RE4 and up.

I hope they do all the games like this...but I can understand why the original RE was only remastered. I wonder if this game will change enemy encounters based on how different the movement controls are.

Looking forward to this.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 04:55 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Opulence

Fighting the licker is going to be very interesting, I'd imagine.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 11:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
This looks great. I wonder if it will be enhanced for the Xbox One X.

I hope other developers learn from Capcom on how to remake classics. I have no problem taking an older game and essentially renovating it to fix gameplay styles of the present. I'm really looking forward to this with gameplay from RE4 and up.

I hope they do all the games like this...but I can understand why the original RE was only remastered. I wonder if this game will change enemy encounters based on how different the movement controls are.

Looking forward to this.

I believe I read somewhere that it would be X and Pro enhanced. Could be wrong, though. I'd be surprised if it didn't take advantage of those consoles, though, seeing as RE7 did.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 11:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't think RE7 was 4K though...I think it was just HDR...which is just as important in my opinion.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 04:12 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

On the PS4 Pro I'm pretty sure it had a resolution bump. Maybe it never got one on the X because the X came out after the game was released?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 06:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

Originally posted by BackFire
I believe I read somewhere that it would be X and Pro enhanced. Could be wrong, though. I'd be surprised if it didn't take advantage of those consoles, though, seeing as RE7 did.

That was for shadow of the tomb raider

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 05:16 PM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If this game can make the zombies look so unsettling, imagine what Lickers and the spiders are gonna look like with this engine. I can already see myself refusing to go into the sewers

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 11:19 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Apparently not only is Capcom gonna keep everything that was in the original Resident Evil 2 but they're even gonna bring back cut content that didn't make it in the final phase of the 1998 classic like the outfits we saw Claire and Ada wearing in the trailer, even the hat on Mr. X. Who knows, we might even get new enemies and areas but don't expect Elza Walker to be a canon character. She's actually a skin for Claire you can only get by buying the Deluxe Edition. Lame.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 05:55 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Opulence

Originally posted by Nemesis X
If this game can make the zombies look so unsettling, imagine what Lickers and the spiders are gonna look like with this engine. I can already see myself refusing to go into the sewers

Ugh, I'd forgotten about the spiders.

Apparently not only is Capcom gonna keep everything that was in the original Resident Evil 2 but they're even gonna bring back cut content that didn't make it in the final phase of the 1998 classic like the outfits we saw Claire and Ada wearing in the trailer, even the hat on Mr. X. Who knows, we might even get new enemies and areas but don't expect Elza Walker to be a canon character. She's actually a skin for Claire you can only get by buying the Deluxe Edition. Lame.

That sounds cool for the most part. One thing I'm hoping to see is more weapons, and to see what Claire's various grenade rounds look like too. If a shotgun can do such detailed damage, imagine what the flame or acid rounds look like.

And the flame thrower too.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 06:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I like what I'm seeing so far. And it's coming to PC which I'm very grateful for.

As for the zombies: they weren't a challenging foe in the original nor are they supposed to be. They're more of a nuisance and something to get you to waste your ammo.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 10:06 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

According to all the sites I found detailing the Deluxe Edition (priced $70), it will include 2-3 alternate outfits each for Leon & Claire, Samurai Edge handguns that belonged to Chris and Jill, and a feature that lets you swap out the remake's soundtrack in favor of the original track from classic RE2. Thought I'd let someone here know in case they were curious about it.

Personally, I'm not happy Capcom would lock such enthralling retro music like RE's out of the standard edition like that. Pretty rude.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 18th, 2018 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 04:15 AM
-Pr-
Opulence

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I like what I'm seeing so far. And it's coming to PC which I'm very grateful for.

As for the zombies: they weren't a challenging foe in the original nor are they supposed to be. They're more of a nuisance and something to get you to waste your ammo.

PC is my preferred platform too.

According to all the sites I found detailing the Deluxe Edition (priced $70), it will include 2-3 alternate outfits each for Leon & Claire, Samurai Edge handguns that belonged to Chris and Jill, and a feature that lets you swap out the remake's soundtrack in favor of the original track from classic RE2. Thought I'd let someone here know in case they were curious about it.

Personally, I'm not happy Capcom would lock such enthralling retro music like RE's out of the standard edition like that. Pretty rude.

Damn. Most of that stuff doesn't interest me, but the soundtrack? RE2's was amazing.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 06:40 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

That's what I was thinking. For instance, when you first enter the RPD the music hits you right on making 50% of the scene, the other half being the sights of a majestic but empty place that was Leon's last hope up to that moment, filling you with uncertainty.

In the remake, by what I've seen so far, music takes a backseat to GRAPHICS!11

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:36 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Unless Capcom hired the composers behind this forbidding piece, the music should be the only thing left untouched. Locking it behind any edition above standard is a dick move.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 01:47 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I assume they would remaster it or record new versions.......

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 12:17 PM
-Pr-
Opulence

If they remastered the original tracks, I'd be down for that.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:54 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

As mentioned, ya win some and ya lose some with Capcom. /shrug

Definitely feel more intent in getting this ASAP compared to RE7, in any case. Not that 7 was bad, but as an RE it kinda felt too foreign, whereas a modern reimagining of the experience of Raccoon City will automatically have me more invested.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 08:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'm actually really excited for the new score. It's by the same composer so I'm sure he'll approach this with the same care, if he doesn't outright remaster the scores.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
As mentioned, ya win some and ya lose some with Capcom. /shrug

Definitely feel more intent in getting this ASAP compared to RE7, in any case. Not that 7 was bad, but as an RE it kinda felt too foreign, whereas a modern reimagining of the experience of Raccoon City will automatically have me more invested.
Agreed. I loved RE7 since it brought metroidvania back to the series, but there were some aspects that just didn't scratch my RE itch.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 10:35 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Minuteman

I don't need a Magic 8 Ball to foresee Resident Evil 3: Nemesis being completely remade like RE2 is.

I mean, why NOT remake it?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 03:48 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It's not a matter of if, but when. I'm not in a hurry though.

Currently going after the platinum for REmake in ps4, as I haven't seriously played it since 2015 lol.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Jun 30th, 2018 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 03:53 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote