KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)

Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)
Started by: KCJ506

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KCJ506

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Tofu and Hunk are back as unlockable's. Anybody else these days they would be DLC

i never did unlock them in the original sequel.

I unlocked Hunk's, but never did go out of my way to unlock Tofu's. Playing through the same A/B scenarios 3/6 times and getting an A ranking on all of them never seemed worth the hassle to me.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 11:29 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Played the demo today. Really, really impressed with it. I'm pretty sure I know where that Steam gift card I got for Christmas is going.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 09:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Might I recommend something? Turn off the hud to get rid of that crosshair. The game feels so much more different that way and for the better to those wanting something close to that old school RE experience.

It's also important to note btw that the knife will fall apart after you swipe enough times at those zombies with it and you gotta find a new one so careful how much you use them.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 18th, 2019 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 12:14 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lol..at the hard mode details it's basically the way the old games were.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 04:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This got a 37/40 from Famitsu

Great score, but they also gave Umbrella Corp a 36 and FF13 a 39 so they tend to be shit sometimes.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 19th, 2019 07:05 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The HD space size isn't that big for the game too only 23.79 GB.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 01:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh, I take anything Famitsu with a grain of salt. I do not trust them at all.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 05:57 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The HD space size isn't that big for the game too only 23.79 GB.
Not bad at all. Slightly more than RE7

Originally posted by Smasandian
Meh, I take anything Famitsu with a grain of salt. I do not trust them at all.
Yeah, I agree. Too bad though. They used to be one of the more critical outlets.

Anyway, I just figured it was worth posting since it's the first released review. Cant wait to see how this does when the embargo drops. I'm hoping this is one of the most successful REs so Capcom continues the style. I've been wanting a truly AAA horror oriented OTS RE since RE4.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 06:18 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ugh, still no Steam preload. Come on...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 12:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Preload on Steam is up!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 09:07 PM
Arachnid1

The review embargo dropped. It's sitting at a 90 on metacritic for PS4 with 57 reviews, which makes it the third highest reviewed RE (4 is first place at 96 with 82 reviews, REmake is second at 91 with 35 reviews; both of these on gamecube). Looks like they did phenomenal. I hope this ends up being one of the most successful REs.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 11:15 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm glad Capcom made a valid effort on remaking this game. I do remember playing the N64 version and enjoying quite a bit.

And I hope other companies take suit to revamp graphics and modernize the gameplay of certain classics.

But....I hope Capcom continues to product new RE titles like a sequel to the incredible RE7 instead of sticking to remaking old titles.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 11:19 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wouldn't mind getting the Resident Evil 3 remake first which is apparently well underway and back to the sequel to Resident 7.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 12:55 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Excited to see so many positive reviews. I'm considering buying this even though I still have RDR2 to finish, AC: Odyssey to play, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 01:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

No way I can skip it. RE4 is my favorite game of all time, and before that, that spot was held by RE2. I can't wait for this!

Also, the Metacritic score went up to a 91 which ties it with REmake for second highest rated RE.
https://www.metacritic.com/game/pla...resident-evil-2

PWNT

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 04:43 AM
BackFire

I won't skip it, but I may wait a while before purchasing it.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 05:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm getting it day 1, This Friday.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 07:18 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by BackFire
I won't skip it, but I may wait a while before purchasing it.
Be careful about avoiding spoilers then. I hear there's a lot of cool sh*t that will take you by surprise whether or not you played the original.

I'm getting it day 1, This Friday.
Less than 12 hours!

I'm not even looking at the launch trailer at this point

PWNT

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 05:55 PM
Impediment
Endless

This is Day One for me. I’ve already pre-ordered my copy.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 07:05 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Be careful about avoiding spoilers then. I hear there's a lot of cool sh*t that will take you by surprise whether or not you played the original.

TBH I don't really give a shit about the story of the RE games, but yeah I will do my best.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 10:35 PM