KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)

Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)
Started by: KCJ506

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
TBH I don't really give a shit about the story of the RE games, but yeah I will do my best.
I don't mean storywise. That'll likely be the same. I more mean just the little moments that are meant to take you by surprise in a horror game. Maybe a scripted scare or a elaborate puzzle. That's the kind of stuff people will make gifs and quick spoiler posts about.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 01:55 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

https://gamerant.com/resident-evil-...-survivors-dlc/

Super good of Capcom to do. Some interesting free post launch DLC will be happening from polygonal skins for Leon & Claire to extra side chapters where you play as the gunshop owner, an Umbrella employee, and the daughter of Raccoon City's mayor. Release dates for those haven't been announced yet but awesome to hear.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 25th, 2019 at 04:39 AM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 04:34 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I don't mean storywise. That'll likely be the same. I more mean just the little moments that are meant to take you by surprise in a horror game. Maybe a scripted scare or a elaborate puzzle. That's the kind of stuff people will make gifs and quick spoiler posts about.

Good point. I may not wait that long, now that I think about it. Maybe just a week or two until I finished RDR2.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 05:31 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Smh...already there's a video on youtube showing all the bosses and ending, **** people these days.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 07:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

YouTube spoiler culture has been like that since forever, but it does get worse and worse at times, seems like.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 08:16 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Yeah, not touching youtube until I finish the game. I started on hardcore just for the ink ribbon saves and so far it's been a solid challenge but not overly difficult. Zombies kill Leon in three bites, and lickers kill in 2 hits so it's manageable as long as you come at it smart. It adds more tension to the exploration too. That's for anyone who's torn one what difficulty to start on.

So far I [SPOILER - highlight to read]: just made it out of the police station to the underground facility beneath the medallion statue. I have most of the available puzzles there done already, but we'll eventually come back since there's so much of the station still unaccessed. I'm assuming the remaining puzzles are unsolvable until your return.

Also, that second licker encounter was bullsh*t. I didn't move a muscle and it still ran right up to me and got a free hit. What a dick. Otherwise, I was able to walk right past the first encounter.

I've also been experimenting with headshot damage too. I've reloaded and killed the same group of zombies [SPOILER - highlight to read]: on the first floor of the station in that room with Leons desk puzzle. It's hit or miss. Sometimes it takes 6 shots just down one and other times I'll get two popped heads in a row with a single bullet each. I'm guessing it depends on where exactly you shoot them in their face but I haven't found the sweet spot yet. It's also possible it just uses the chance/critical system from previous games but idk

Originally posted by Nemesis X
https://gamerant.com/resident-evil-...-survivors-dlc/

Super good of Capcom to do. Some interesting free post launch DLC will be happening from polygonal skins for Leon & Claire to extra side chapters where you play as the gunshop owner, an Umbrella employee, and the daughter of Raccoon City's mayor. Release dates for those haven't been announced yet but awesome to hear.
Yeah I've heard about that. It's a randomized rogue mode that lets you play as other characters. Pretty cool edition. I hope it's as replayable as merc modes.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jan 25th, 2019 at 09:09 AM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 08:57 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Read about details for Hardcore mode on the Resi FB page, Sounded alot like how it was basically for the original sequel.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jan 25th, 2019 at 09:28 AM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 09:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm a couple of hours in, just got to the first [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Birkin fight. Really enjoying it, as it's the kind of blend of modern gameplay and horror atmosphere that I've been wanting from Resident Evil for a long time.

I don't even mind that enemies are just plain harder in this game either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 09:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

It’s 0515 here and I’m getting ready for work.

I’ll be picking this up after work today.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 11:14 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

So far, this game is delivering a in spades.

I'm doing the first run with Claire, and it's pretty intense.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 02:26 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So either this game is exceptionally good at balancing ammo so that you have just enough to get by, or I'm about to hit a wall harder than a crash-test dummy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 03:07 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm in the underground lab now. It's all so familiar from the original, yet so different.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 07:04 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

This game is amazing. Second favorite RE game after 4.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 11:17 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Took awhile there to get my bearings again since the shit timed demo didnt give me the chance to practice much as needed, but now that I got the hang of this again, its pretty good.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2019 11:24 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been playing it on Hardcore mode and i'm to the first William Birkin fight

most of the zombies in the Police station i try and run around them, Except for the odd one that i decided to kill just to make it easy to walk through the corridor's.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 02:05 AM
KCJ506

One of the things that annoys me is you can shoot a zombie about 2-3 times in the head and they won't fall down. And even if they fall down, they get back up. I even once used the shotgun on a zombie's legs and he fell down and got up.

I know you aren't supposed to shoot every zombie you see, but running isn't always a choice. Particularly if you're in a cramped hallway and considering this time zombies can follow you into different rooms.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 02:57 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Saving Hardcore for later since I'm rusty, and since there's new game + apparently. But yeah, I've been handling zombies more or less the same way, along with using boards to barricade certain open windows so that less come in at the spots I re-explore most later, while also being conservative on how many I use. Am at the first William Birkin part as well.

Yeah, the zombies kinda have some bullshit durability, where they can still be alive even if you empty a whole clip into their head or something, so I just outrun 'em whenever it can be helped, considering the ammo famine which is to be expected for a real survival horror RE. At least the knife you can spam if you don't parry with it too much where it breaks after a few times and just be opportunistic with it on downed or stunned zombies.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 03:25 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Kazenji
Been playing it on Hardcore mode and i'm to the first William Birkin fight

most of the zombies in the Police station i try and run around them, Except for the odd one that i decided to kill just to make it easy to walk through the corridor's.
I'm going through hardcore myself right now (first playthrough as Leon still). I'm almost done with the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: sewer area and I've got an abundance of resources saved up (30 shotgun shells, 25 magnum rounds, 25 handgun rounds, 5 full heals, 4 hand grenades, 3 flash grenades, 400 flame rounds, 9 extra ink ribbons; I haven't been stingy about saving either). Hardcore hasn't really been that difficult so far. This is honestly what I was expecting normal to feel like. Hopefully they release an akumu mode down the line.

Still, it feels balanced and the experience has been 10/10 so far. Hell of a game.

Originally posted by Trocity
This game is amazing. Second favorite RE game after 4.
Yeah, same here. RE4 will likely always be my all time favorite game (until it gets a remake anyway), but this is a solid second. I'm impressed it dethroned REmake for me.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 03:38 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

About two hours in and it's fun. I'm glad this game is around.

And the biggest thing I like about it....is how they show the items on the ****ing map! Amazing!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 03:44 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Got past the 1st William Birkin fight and made it to the Police Station's Parking Garage and starting running low on ammo and those dogs ugh

ended up restarting the game on Standard difficulty, It's more my sort of difficulty...
Still did a decent job of Hardcore for my first attempt.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 06:44 AM