KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Battlezone!!! LoB vs DS

Battlezone!!! LoB vs DS
Started by: DarkSaint85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

LoB, ill be honest....when I saw your draft, I did think it was going to be an uphill battle.

Absorbing Man and Nova was a damn good choice.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 01:03 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

it took a special effort for him to lose with that combo. thumb up

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 01:06 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I especially like my TK condom. I think it should be default against Creel from now on.

Is Nova actually TP resistant, then? Because I honestly could not see any actual feats for him.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 01:12 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

he def has psi shields. the scans you showed of harrow getting through (it happened on galactus' ship)--that happened when worldmind was DOWN. nova went into the harrow battle with some basic replacement program that nova had to specifically direct. that program was horrible... wm would have been able to block it WITHOUT needing to be told to imo, as he did when he first met harrow. his helmet has also blocked the psionic abilities of a strontian (glad's sister iirc) when she came too close to his helmet so he could ko her.

the bit with cosmo--i've always figured wm just never viewed the dog as a threat, but who knows. maybe a bit of pis. there were several times in the match lob could have shown some things to counter what you were asking, especially with regards to reactions and just how great wm really is. just granting creel's power to wm is....pretty scary actually. but he didn't offer much. should have read through my tourney run with nova lob. lol

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 01:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yeah, the Strontian showing wasn't.....I know he said it had psi -shields, but it seemed a strange showing to me. not sure how it could be applied.

So in grand total, that's two examples with Harrow, one kinda showing with Gladiator's cousin - is that it?

I guess I just wouldn't hang my hat on that one Harrow showing. Especially as Harrow also talked about being closer to him.

Food for thought, I guess. Would it keep MM/Xavier out?

I also read somewhere that Creel could recall what he had previously absorbed, and use it. Scary if its true - LoB could have recalled CC or Odin, lol.

If it were true.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 01:40 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

it's kind of impossible to say just how powerful the psi shields were. i don't really know if the distance with harrow played a very large part. harrow said he was too late with the shields which leads me to believe he could have kept him out had wm been there or his shields been set to full. i think there is enough to say that tp would be a very questionable tactic to use against him. smurph had betsy--and her tp is omega level, but the judges in our match didn't believe his tp would play a factor against me, so... lol yeah, that's kinda meaningless.

sam may have more showings against tp as well and i feel like i'm forgetting something...

never knew creel could recall PAST absorbing feats. that would be pretty deadly (and have made him illegal) had i known or seen proof of that... earth x creel was a nasty phukcer. with wm present, lob could EASILY have recreated that level of creel.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 02:05 PM
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
it's kind of impossible to say just how powerful the psi shields were. i don't really know if the distance with harrow played a very large part. harrow said he was too late with the shields which leads me to believe he could have kept him out had wm been there or his shields been set to full. i think there is enough to say that tp would be a very questionable tactic to use against him. smurph had betsy--and her tp is omega level, but the judges in our match didn't believe his tp would play a factor against me, so... lol yeah, that's kinda meaningless.

sam may have more showings against tp as well and i feel like i'm forgetting something...

never knew creel could recall PAST absorbing feats. that would be pretty deadly (and have made him illegal) had i known or seen proof of that... earth x creel was a nasty phukcer. with wm present, lob could EASILY have recreated that level of creel.

thumb up the team is only as strong as its weakest link.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 02:13 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

da. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 02:36 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
LoB, ill be honest....when I saw your draft, I did think it was going to be an uphill battle.

Absorbing Man and Nova was a damn good choice.

I BROKE you before the match even started that is clear to all!

Only TREACHERY allowed you to even contend with the power that is LOB!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 05:49 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

it took a special effort for him to lose with that combo. thumb up

What you MEANT to say is the following.

IT TOOK A SPECIAL ACT OF CORRUPTION FOR HIM TO LOSE WITH THAT COMBO!!!

mad mad mad mad

Don't think I've forgotten what took place in RD 1 of the tournament.

You've got a fight coming and it's coming soon!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 05:57 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
What you MEANT to say is the following.

IT TOOK A SPECIAL ACT OF CORRUPTION FOR HIM TO LOSE WITH THAT COMBO!!!

mad mad mad mad

Don't think I've forgotten what took place in RD 1 of the tournament.

You've got a fight coming and it's coming soon!

'pologies. i clearly misspoke. thumb up

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 06:06 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Already the revisionist history is taking place to cover up this moral disgrace!

1. Creel Recall- The King of Canon asserts that Creel in his Worthy persona had the ability. I sought proof of it in his standard depiction and there is none.

2.Harrow- !@#$ A HARROW!!! I more than proved this point was irrelevant!

3. Nova Guidance- My mastery of Nova's canon led to Celey's victory as he copied my masterwork of a campaign against not ONE but TWO opponents!

LOB's Nova Prime is the greatest of all time!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 06:19 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i gotta agree. so... what the hell happened man?? i had my money on you taking that pooch to the pound!!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 06:30 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I also read somewhere that Creel could recall what he had previously absorbed, and use it. Scary if its true - LoB could have recalled CC or Odin, lol.

If it were true.

He can't. At least not in the comic that keeps getting thrown around online which shows nothing of the sort.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 07:12 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

i gotta agree. so... what the hell happened man?? i had my money on you taking that pooch to the pound!!

I'll tell you what HAPPENED!

ROBBERY

CORRUPTION

CONSPIRACY

DEMONIC ACTIVITY

All of these factors coalesced to deny my rightful DESTRUCTION of Darksaint, Duke of Dumbass!!!

The "TK CONDOM" will go down in HISTORY as one the most tenous, irrational and outrageous strategies known in Battlezone history. No truly fairminded and knowledgable voter would've bought into that.

Adding insult to injury is the SECOND most outrageous gambit in a BZ, "DISPERSED TO THE FOUR WINDS"!.

Pathetic

Now, if I were inclined to believe I actually had a hand in my loss( WHICH I'M NOT) I may consider a few things.

1) Dual Absorption- I thought about turning the scan Darksaint used with the MK Spidey battle against him. My argument would be that if Crusher Prime felt himself being controlled he could simply asborb something else simultaneously.

I didn't see the need believing that if someone accepted Phase 1 at all, that any notion of a counter wouldn't work.

2) Cocaine Creel- Another angle I thought about was showing Creel's ability to reassemble while actually being ingested by several drug addicts. Creel was able to reassemble himself through NYC's sewer system! This should show a level of mastery that combined with the Nova Force render any argument for Phase 1 moot.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 07:13 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

LoB happened. NOW he's bringing-up stuff that, if shown and was legit, very well might have changed my mind about DS's "to the four winds" strategy. After he lost.

If LoB's amalgam was better, I think this could mean LoB is good at picking characters for matches, bad at actually repping them.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 09:48 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

That's assuming I didn't have counters to him, hehe.

LoB suffers from picking characters that are relatively well known.

So sure, they have feats. But if there is ANY context to them, it'll make it easier to pick up on and shoot down.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 10:26 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

That's assuming I didn't have counters to him, hehe.

LoB suffers from picking characters that are relatively well known.

So sure, they have feats. But if there is ANY context to them, it'll make it easier to pick up on and shoot down.

Yep, considering what you did with Odin and Cosmic Cube examples(and maybe Sentry, but not having read the storyline I wasn't sure), you very well could've exposed it as out of context, given counter examples(either for your amalgam, against his or both), or both.

But it doesn't change that he's cited an example that, on paper and without seeing it, could be pretty damn good to support his argument that he'd just reincorporate himself after being dispersed, long after it was too late to use.

LordofBrooklyn? More like LordofFail.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 10:39 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Delta1938
LoB happened. NOW he's bringing-up stuff that, if shown and was legit, very well might have changed my mind about DS's "to the four winds" strategy. After he lost.

If LoB's amalgam was better, I think this could mean LoB is good at picking characters for matches, bad at actually repping them.
Originally posted by Delta1938
Yep, considering what you did with Odin and Cosmic Cube examples(and maybe Sentry, but not having read the storyline I wasn't sure), you very well could've exposed it as out of context, given counter examples(either for your amalgam, against his or both), or both.

But it doesn't change that he's cited an example that, on paper and without seeing it, could be pretty damn good to support his argument that he'd just reincorporate himself after being dispersed, long after it was too late to use.

LordofBrooklyn? More like LordofFail.

Convict yourself, FOOL!

MORE!!!

MORE!!!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 02:09 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Convict yourself, FOOL!

MORE!!!

MORE!!!

Shut the **** up.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 02:23 AM