KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Best teacher in DBZ

Best teacher in DBZ
Started by: Merlyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Merlyn
Order Of...

Best teacher in DBZ

Who is the best teacher in dragon ball? Who is able to develop their students the most in a given period of time with training?

Master Roshi? King Kai? Goku? Who is the best teacher?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 04:31 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Ignoring cases like Whis, where it is hard to gauge how strong Beerus was before being trained as God of Destruction, this one is pretty straightforward.

Goku is the best trainer. With one year devoted to Gohan he managed to take the kid from being firmly below Freeza to being equal to Perfect Cell(or thereabouts). In addition to helping his son gain a massive boost in power he also made sure to tell Gohan what not to do, like becoming an USSJ. Piccolo gave Gohan the basics and the foundation but Goku turned him into the perfect successor, ideally anyway. Gohan was still a pacifist but that isn't something you can do anything about.

Again Whis might be better but with Goku being a natural 6 to Beerus's 10 in BoG and still being below him in RoF means that Whis hasn't gotten him up there that quickly.

Alternatively it is whoever trained Freeza in his 4 months of rigorous training. Because oh my god.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 04:42 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Piccolo trained the boys well also...he did a huge improvement for Gohan as well when he was a kid. I would put him in first place tbh. Then I would put King Ki next; then Goku.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 04:46 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's much easier to train someone who is already well-adept in the use of ki and whatnot. That said, if we're looking solely at the sheer development of raw ki, then I actually think Gohan is one of the best Masters in series.

When he first started training Videl, for example, she didn't even know what ki was--let alone how to access it on any level. Yet by the end of the 1st day, Gohan had taught her to harness/control her ki enough to hover above the ground. In 10 days she was able to fly freely.

And in the film Yo! SGahFR, Goten/Trunks started having trouble with Abo/Kado when they split up because the boys couldn't read ki. But when Gohan intervened and gave them a few lines of expert advise, they immediately gained the ability to read ki, and proceeded to stomp Abo/Kado.

I don't know if it's because of his calm/peaceful demeanor or whatever, but Gohan is evidently an excellent Master.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 14th, 2015 at 05:14 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 05:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

3 different answers for 1 question.

Good thread. I like it.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 05:29 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I always thought Piccolo was the best teacher. Look what he did with Gohan.

I'll use part of Galan's ex.

Though Piccolo wasn't a nice teacher, through his training he made Gohan an animal in a few yrs. Gohan prior to Piccolo's training never used his Ki unless he was angry, and even then, he never remembered it.

He thought Gohan how to fight, not to be afraid as much. Didn't always work though, how to control his Ki for not only fighting, but also as a projectile.

He went even further in the Buu Saga with Trunks and Gotenks.

I will say I see Piccolo as the best one, and using Galan's description for putting Gohan after him.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 07:06 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Piccolo honestly, the guy played a huge part in practically raising and training Gohan into the powerhouse he is/was.

Goku takes credit for the super saiyan stuff, but you gotta admit that without Piccolo's training, Gohan would be a late bloomer.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 02:57 AM
Fated Xtasy is currently offline Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'd go with either Kaio for the experience, or Kaioshin for the mind-reading.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 07:20 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Piccolo's training was good in the sense that it turned Gohan into less of a timid b*tch. Other then that, he just taught Gohan the basics: fighting technique, sensing ki, and manifesting energy blasts... Goku's training in the RoSaT developed Gohan a lot more, imo.

Though it's worth noting that Piccolo himself only trained Gohan for the last 6 months before Vegeta/Nappa arrived. The fist 6 months was just wilderness training: Gohan surviving alone in the wild.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 06:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I'd say King Kai. Goku went from street fighter level character to a living god in less than 4 months.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 12:07 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Hm... I'd really say that the best trainer is probably Whiss. That's just because he apparently has a fighting style, that can make you a good enough fighter to beat people, regardless of how strong they are. Even Bills hasn't mastered it, after millions of years of training.

That's pretty impressive, imo. I like seeing everyone's thoughts here, though.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 07:02 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

On second thought, Old Kai should be the best teacher since he can unlock people's potential.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 07:04 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
On second thought, Old Kai should be the best teacher since he can unlock people's potential.
He didn't 'teach' Gohan anything, though. He simply used his psychic powers to unlock all of Gohan's latent potential.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 07:35 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Considering the varied opinions from everyone I wonder if our choices reflect more on us than the teachers.

Like do the people who chose Piccolo secretly resent their father?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 07:41 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Anyone who chooses Piccolo definitely has daddy-issues irl. IMHO.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 07:42 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Galan007
He didn't 'teach' Gohan anything, though. He simply used his psychic powers to unlock all of Gohan's latent potential.

All I'm saying is that I'd rather have him as a teacher/trainer.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 07:54 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So Astner doesn't like to work it seems.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 08:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Astner
All I'm saying is that I'd rather have him as a teacher/trainer.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 08:33 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Roshi @thread

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 08:56 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Actually Goku used King kai's gravity training regimen to get even MORE powerful to go on and trash the Ginyu force. He gets credit for THAT training too.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 10:23 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote