KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How strong is X-23?

How strong is X-23?
Started by: HulkIsHulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk

How strong is X-23?

I mean. I haven't seen her do anything special, but I saw a scan of her blocking a punch fro man angry vampire Jubilee and all, so does she have any significant strength feats

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 04:31 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

not as strong as logan....

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 04:44 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas

Obviously since he is on the same level as Cap, but do you any strength feats or an indicative other than handbooks?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 04:50 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by leonidas

Well, she is a woman.

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I mean. I haven't seen her do anything special, but I saw a scan of her blocking a punch fro man angry vampire Jubilee and all, so does she have any significant strength feats

Laura lacks feats, but her career is much-much shorter than Logan's. Give it time.

She lacks the adamantium skeleton, too. Which enhances Logan's strikes and the constant extra-weight makes him stronger.

Anyway, to answer your question, her strength *should* be at enhanced/low meta level. Because of her mutation, healing factor in particular - that's what keeps Logan at peak+ condition. In Logan's case, his strength and speed have undergone additional mutations over the years. Maybe it'll work that way for X, too, but again - she needs time...

Blocking a punch from Vamp Lee is a high-end feat, even if she wasn't going all out. Jubilee was strong enough to lift and toss a freight wagon, ffs.

Other notable feat of Laura's is successfully tackling Spider-Man during their fight.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 05:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, not sure how to really gauge her. stronger than daredevil maybe but not as strong as bats.... shifty

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 07:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Well, she is a woman.

Laura lacks feats, but her career is much-much shorter than Logan's. Give it time.

She lacks the adamantium skeleton, too. Which enhances Logan's strikes and the constant extra-weight makes him stronger.

Anyway, to answer your question, her strength *should* be at enhanced/low meta level. Because of her mutation, healing factor in particular - that's what keeps Logan at peak+ condition. In Logan's case, his strength and speed have undergone additional mutations over the years. Maybe it'll work that way for X, too, but again - she needs time...

Blocking a punch from Vamp Lee is a high-end feat, even if she wasn't going all out. Jubilee was strong enough to lift and toss a freight wagon, ffs.

Other notable feat of Laura's is successfully tackling Spider-Man during their fight.

I'd go with this.

On the positive side, her shorter career means she doesn't have many low showings either. I can only think of one honestly.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:23 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by StyleTime
I can only think of one honestly.

The one with the cheap shot from "Cyclops"?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah. Snow must dampen healing factors.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 18th, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:36 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:40 PM
StyleTime

What's worse is that Benjamin, who was in training for all of a week, was able to heal himself right away from a neck stab from the same guy.

But yeah, as for the thread, Laura doesn't have many strength feats. Seems generic high street-ish to me.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 18th, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:45 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Benjamin? Enlighten me, haven't read the series.

There was a cool pic with kid/teen Laura lifting a grown man with one hand while slaughtering other cannon fodder soldiers, but I believe it was just a cover or a promo art.

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Aug 18th, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:51 PM
StyleTime

He's a new kid. I actually had his name wrong(a testatment to how sucky the new mutants are that I forgot his name). It's Christopher. Practically same powers as Elixir. Honestly, I hate that No More Mutants got "fixed" by the Phoenix. Most of the new mutants have been dumb, and the stories even dumber.

(please log in to view the image)-(please log in to view the image)-(please log in to view the image)-(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 28th, 2015 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 08:19 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He's a new kid. I actually had his name wrong(a testatment to how sucky the new mutants are that I forgot his name). It's Christopher. Practically same powers as Elixir.

Thanks. "Loving" it how Marvel always ends up giving us a copy of each character. John Proudstar died? No problem, here's his brother, James, with the same powerset. Elixir didn't handle Necrosha too well? Also not a problem, here's another mutant healer laughing out loud

Honestly, I hate that No More Mutants got "fixed" by the Phoenix. Most of the new mutants have been dumb, and the stories even dumber.

Yeah. Generation Hope was bad and I see it hasn't improved since.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 10:24 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

How did Elixir die?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 01:50 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He's still alive, afaik.

Went emo and quit X-Force after becoming black at the end of Necrosha laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 01:53 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Wait what? Scans

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 02:03 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Fought Wither, turned him to dust.

1. http://www.comicbookherald.com/wp-c...-and-Wither.jpg

2. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...her_elixir3.jpg

As a result, he had trouble transforming back to his golden form and left the team. He appeared here and there after Necrosha, but that event was pretty much the end of his career.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 02:16 AM