KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Quinlan Vos (dark disciple)vs Lord Vader (mustafar)

Quinlan Vos (dark disciple)vs Lord Vader (mustafar)
Started by: RexCloneWarsMVS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

Quinlan Vos (dark disciple)vs Lord Vader (mustafar)

The badass vs the emo who would win

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 12:14 AM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Anakin pretty solidly?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

So he's hindered here like he was against Kenobi?

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Aug 21st, 2015 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

He'd still die. Vos doesn't have the benefit of being Obi-Wan.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 12:48 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Perhaps.
But if Dark Disciple Vos is someone capable of beating Count Dooku, then I wouldn't rule him out against a hindered Anakin who couldn't even best Kenobi in a telekinetic battle.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

That's actually pretty dumb logic considering Anakin didn't actually want to kill Obi-Wan and was having conflicting feelings on the entire ordeal. There's also the fact that Kenobi isn't piss poor in TK and Vos doesn't have anything to make him above him.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 01:06 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Which is why I asked if he's hindered like he was against Kenobi. And, I never said Kenobi had piss poor TK; nice red herring there buddy.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 01:10 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No, you just implied that because Anakin couldn't "even best Kenobi in a TK battle," this somehow made him a lesser opponent, which it doesn't. Not only that, it also implies that because Vos was able to defeat Dooku he is also able to overcome Kenobi with TK as Dooku could, which it doesn't. If that wasn't the intent, there was really no point in saying that. There's also no point in asking if Vader would somehow be hindered against Vos for no reason, but my point was, even if he was, he would still defeat Vos because he's more powerful and is a far better swordsman.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 01:15 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

1) Considering Anakin at his best is capable of rag-dolling someone like Kenobi, I say that does make him a lesser opponent.

2) Ummm, what? I implied no such thing, LAWL. I was simply saying if Vos could overcome someone like the Count in the a duel - he stands a chance here. You're pulling assumption out of your ass that wasn't close to being implied, mate. My post implied no such rag-doll, it pointed out how hindered Anakin's power was.

3)Read above.

4)Excuse me sir, I didn't know you were the OP.

5) If that's your opinion on the outcome, then fair enough.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 01:25 AM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Anakin. Both were able to defeat dooku however I still don't accept vos' win over dooku as it just doesn't seem right, but there it is. However Anakin has better training and was able to match the count even without being in his ziost mode.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 01:46 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
1) Considering Anakin at his best is capable of rag-dolling someone like Kenobi, I say that does make him a lesser opponent.

...bruh. Comment was obviously about this match. That's basic comprehension at its finest. I mean really.
quote:

2) Ummm, what? I implied no such thing, LAWL. I was simply saying if Vos could overcome someone like the Count in the a duel - he stands a chance here. You're pulling assumption out of your ass that wasn't close to being implied, mate. My post implied no such rag-doll, it pointed out how hindered Anakin's power was.
3)Read above.

No. No it did not. And I said nothing about ragdolling. For someone who wants to make accuasations about asspulling, you sure are doing a lot of it. Vos beating Dooku does not mean he stands a chance here. Anakin on Mustafar is Anakin at his most powerful before the OT/Rebels. That means the Anakin that completely demolished Dooku, which Vos didn't do, is weaker than the Anakin faced here. And ABC logic doesn't really help Vos anyway. Finally, Anakin at his best probably still won't overcome Obi-Wan that easily they attacked at the exact same time in the exact same way, and both were TK'd. The fact that Obi-Wan didn't fall over dead doesn't change that.
quote:

4)Excuse me sir, I didn't know you were the OP.

You don't need to be the OP to think. You could also actually read the RotS novel to know exactly what was happening on Mustafar.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 02:12 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Anakin on Mustafar is Anakin at his most powerful before the OT/Rebels.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 02:25 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Pre-Suit Vader clearly wasn't invincible given Kenobi defeated him (granted Kenobi knew him really well, but it was still Kenobi and not say Dooku or Windu). Whilst fully DS Vos (I assume that's the version of Vos we're talking about here) was above Dooku (maybe only a little above him and not in every aspect, but he was overall above him).

I don't think Anakin was faster than Dooku, in fact if anything, Dooku was usually portrayed as faster every time he fought off Obi-Wan and Anakin together. And DS Vos was faster than Dooku

So if Vader wins, it's with great difficulty. And I wouldn't count DS Vos out. He has a decent shot at this.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 21st, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 12:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, to be fair, Anakin was hindered enough to the point where he couldn't even sense Obi-Wan, but at the same time, Vos isn't Kenobi. Anakin could well still win here.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 12:15 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by SunRazer
, but at the same time, Vos isn't Kenobi. Anakin could well still win here.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 12:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Mmm, depends. Anakin was already very emotionally distraught even after he killed the Separatist Leaders (crying). Padme's arrival, her bringing his actions into context, and his subsequent choking of her (with their unborn children inside of her) certainly didn't help at all. + The cherry on top of this emotional shitcake is he was fighting the man who raised him, and knew his every move.

Anakin's emotions make him easier to read (snarling before every lunge), and likely will make him sloppier. If this is Mustafar Anakin prior to Padme's arrival, I'd give it to Anakin. Post-Padme's arrival, Vos capitalizes on Anakin's instability.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Mmm, depends. Anakin was already very emotionally distraught even after he killed the Separatist Leaders (crying). Padme's arrival, her bringing his actions into context, and his subsequent choking of her (with their unborn children inside of her) certainly didn't help at all. + The cherry on top of this emotional shitcake is he was fighting the man who raised him, and knew his every move.

Anakin's emotions make him easier to read (snarling before every lunge), and likely will make him sloppier. If this is Mustafar Anakin prior to Padme's arrival, I'd give it to Anakin. Post-Padme's arrival, Vos capitalizes on Anakin's instability.
I couldnt agree with this more. Even after killing mace, swearing loyalty to palpatine, storming the temple, killing younglings, choking padme and thinking kenobi turned her against him, Anakin still gave him a chance to just walk away.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

And all of that magically makes Vos win? Nah.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 05:04 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
And all of that magically makes Vos win? Nah.

Well it magically made Kenobi win.

Granted he taught Anakin. Still Kenobi is solidly below Dooku overall as proven many times.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 05:19 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
..bruh. Comment was obviously about this match.

Considering the fact that "made" is the past tense of an event that actually has happen, and not a hypothetical match on an internet Forum; yes - you were talking about Anakin during that period. You explicitly stated Anakin wasn't an lesser opponent despite being unable to defeat Obi-Wan in a TK battle.

All in all, I think you're missing my viewpoint; I'm arguing for Anakin at the levels he was when he fought Obi-Wan; not while unhindered.

quote:
No. No it did not. And I said nothing about ragdolling.

Um, dude. You said I implied Vos would be able to overcome Kenobi with TK like Dooku did - and The Count rag-dolled the shit out of Obi-Wan, tbh.

quote:
For someone who wants to make accuasations about asspulling, you sure are doing a lot of it. Vos beating Dooku does not mean he stands a chance here.

Again, my entire argument in this thread was based of the fact, I took Anakin as he was on Mustafar, as Anakin at the levels he was at when dueling Obi-Wan. I already know Anakin at his best during RotS would obliterate Vos by making him a "joke" similar to the way he did Dooku on The Invisible Hand.

As several points made here above, Anakin wasn't 100% on Mustafar. From being unable to sense Obi-Wan's presence, from crying as he down the Separatist leaders, to the fact sources have stated "Anakin had still been between worlds then, and vulnerable.".

quote:
Anakin on Mustafar is Anakin at his most powerful before the OT/Rebels.

Proof of this, plz.

quote:
That means the Anakin that completely demolished Dooku, which Vos didn't do, is weaker than the Anakin faced here.[QUOTE]
LAWL. If you think Anakin, as he was on Mustafar was better than he was aboard the Ivisible Hand, then I don;t know what to tell you besides you're clearly ignoring Anakin's mental instability on Mustafar.
No on here is denying Anakin wouldn't kick Vos shit in at his best, or even on normal levels - we're arguing that a hindered Anakin is not per-say so far above Vos, that Quilan can't win.[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]And ABC logic doesn't really help Vos anyway.

Listing Vos feats, isn't A>B>C logic, tbh.

quote:
Finally, Anakin at his best probably still won't overcome Obi-Wan that easily they attacked at the exact same time in the exact same way, and both were TK'd. The fact that Obi-Wan didn't fall over dead doesn't change that

Anakin at his best would absolute obliterate Obi-Wan in a telekinetic battle. I don't care if they did attack at the same way, at the same time.

quote:
You don't need to be the OP to think. You could also actually read the RotS novel to know exactly what was happening on Mustafar.

Yeah, no. I read the novel, watched the movie, read the comic, and played the crappy original game. My question to if Anakin is emotionally hindered like he was against Obi-Wan is a valid one, seeing as how this is the Mustafar version of the character we're using.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 08:06 PM