KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » How would you better the world?

How would you better the world?
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'd hit the reset button

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 07:32 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Hurl it into the sun.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 04:59 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Unify all nations under my wing, build a world army and conquer the stars.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 05:05 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Hurl Adam Grimes into the sun.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 05:08 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'll destroy the sun first.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 05:22 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 01:46 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Put TI in the White House!!!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 02:08 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Build a Jail on an Island and put all Politicians, Billionaires, Bankers and Rapists there (except Mindset). It would be like a soft reset, things would go back to what they are but it would take 20-30 years.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 01:18 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Have sex with all the beautiful fat a$$ women and spread my superior genetics. But first I would cut off bardocks fingers and tongue. (Jk)

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 05:15 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not Jewish enough to do any of that.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
All of Earths governments, natural/anthropogenic resources, territories, and economies have been placed under your control. Social constructs such as religions, nationality/ethnicity, etc can also be rewritten at your whim. It is your job to devise a new system to ensure egalitarian happiness for everyone with Earths limited resources, while simultaneously ensuring no crime or war, freedom of choice, and doing your best not to pollute/deplete Earths resources. How would you go about it?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2016 02:15 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

Such a ridiculous hypothetical situation but it'll be a mixture of The Hunger Games/Divergent dystopian futures mixed in with skynet robots to ensure the games are being properly carried out.

Old Post May 15th, 2016 04:56 PM
MS Warehouse is currently offline Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'd introduce an Astner tax where all companies worldwide had to send 1% of their annual profits to my bank account.

Old Post May 15th, 2016 05:10 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Free weed.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 07:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I didn't know he was in prison.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 10:58 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exterminate Jews.p
Everything' else will follow.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post May 21st, 2016 01:10 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The logistical considerations on any of these things would - in and of themselves - likely take lifetimes. I'm also not sure the OPs wide-reaching goals are possible at all, short of primordial biological modification that fundamentally alters the species, or some other form of overt control. Having control of the world's governments and such isn't anything like the power you'd need to make humanity peaceful and happy. At that point you'd need Biblical and/or comic book powers to have a chance.

So I'd keep it simple. Probably the only things I'd do would be to try to eliminate the stuff we could use to destroy ourselves (nuclear arsenals, etc.), and I'd try to push education in the right direction where it's needed most. Then I'd let everything else play out as it would.

Last edited by Digi on May 21st, 2016 at 01:33 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2016 01:31 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote