KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Silver Surfer =Vs= The Flash

The Silver Surfer =Vs= The Flash
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Board Walker

Here is a strength, speed, and reality warping feat performed by the Flash.

Now in order to evacuate that many people in the amount of time he did so, the flash would have to be moving at about 13 trillion x the speed of light.

(please log in to view the image)

Now in order to move at these speeds (which are confirmed on panel by this picture) the Flash's actions would be worse than the bomb. Moving that fast through our atmosphere would cause more damage to our planet than a nuclear weapon. Assuming the flash actually increases the speed of light to just above his own speed (and assuming he's around 77 kg), that's releasing something like 1045 joules of energy in 10-11 seconds. That's ~1011 300 megaton nuclear bombs going off at the same time. All numbers approximate and not accounting for the various trips to pick up people, because they're all dead sometime before the first one gets there. His initial burst of acceleration is enough to speed the earth to about 5000 rotations per second, which would cause all sorts of problems.

Ultimately the Flash using the Speed force (which displays greater reality warping feats than the power cosmic) was used by the Flash to warp reality so that the solar system did not erupt into a time dilated, infinite storm of ignited protons.

For those arguing it was beneath light speed, we were given very specific numbers. There is no ambiguity to the term 0.00001 microseconds, is there? That is a precise measure of time. There's no ambiguity to the term 35 miles, is there? That's a precise measurement of distance. There's no ambiguity in 532,000 people, is there? What is indirect about these things, that I had to do grade school math?

You can't say he wasn't above lightspeed in the event unless you believe he did not save those people. You can't have it both ways. It is literally impossible for him to save 532,000 people by moving them 35 miles in 0.0001 microseconds (or in a few seconds if you take Jesse's third hand knowledge over the statement in the original comic yourself).

Seriously, if you think, honestly truly believe, Wally was under light speed in this feat, how did the people not die? Just answer me that. This is important because Wally clearly saved those people. You are more worried about Wally being seen as weaker that you ignore what you're arguing for entails. It literally means he can't do what he did.

If you are one of those who say preference should not determine fact. The fact is Wally saved half a million people before a nuke could harm a single soul. Tell me how he did it at under lightspeed and I'll believe you.

Furthermore Jesse didn't correct anything. She literally referenced an event she was not there to witness and we have no idea where she heard about what Wally did from. It's a truly irrelevant page and it's a shame you're so attached to it.

Last edited by Board Walker on Aug 26th, 2015 at 04:43 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 04:38 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

So far I have demonstrated how the Flash with the speed force is able to manipulate time, durability, endurance, matter, and reality. Now I will demonstrate how the Flash with the Speed Force can also manipulate Space, time, and reality on a multiversal scale.

Now to demonstrate how the Flash is "faster" than instantaneous, universe wide teleporation. On the very first page of the race (Flash vs the Gambler) shows that the cosmic gambler is teleporting right as Wally begins running:

The proof that Wally hasn't already finished the race despite the fact that the gambler has teleported is shown in the very next page, where Wally actually has a long conversation with Krakkl:

Wally then gets there before the teleporting cosmic gambler.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 04:51 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

BW, I am with you on this. The simple explanation is that you are too conservative.

There are two statements here.

1. The statement giving the distance, the number of trips, and the time taken.
2. The very important statement: They were carried there (emphasis mine) at a hair breadth's under the speed of light.

Carried there.

The statement makes no mention of how fast he was travelling when his arms were empty, BACK into the city.

Logically, he must have run EVEN faster, for a total round trip time that can be calculated by the figures given.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 04:52 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Here was my original post, BW:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
A third reading, is that he was both faster and slower than the speed of light.

We know the Flash carried the Koreans at 'a hair breadth's short of the speed of light'.

But when he's running BACK into the city, empty handed, without anyone in his arms and when's he's not having to worry about civilians..he's running faster.

So, rather than assuming a constant speed (the speed that he carried them there = the speed he runs back into the city), he probably took a bit more care+time when he was carrying a little old Korean lady, than ramping it up to max gear when he's on his own.

Also:

He's making two trips, of 35 miles each (assuming the city is concentrated in 1 spot - this is grossly underestimating, as Chongjin is 104 square miles;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongjin). This would be for every rescue.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 04:57 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Everyone on this page, aside from me, doesn't know anything about science or comics.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 05:12 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Mindset
Everyone on this page, aside from me, doesn't know anything about science or comics.

thumb up

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 05:19 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Mindset

I know about Dillon and Dutch though.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 05:33 PM
carver9

Flash speed stole so that he can beat a teleportation device. It wasn't done under his own speed.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 05:41 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Besides, he's fast enough to outrace himself. That's faster than teleportation.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 05:45 PM
Board Walker

Originally posted by carver9
Flash speed stole so that he can beat a teleportation device. It wasn't done under his own speed.

It was done entirely under his own powers, Flash has complete mastery over all kinetic forms of energy.

Using his own power and mastery of the sped force, he redirected kinetic energy into himself, that is entirely under his own power.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 06:17 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Board Walker
It was done entirely under his own powers, Flash has complete mastery over all kinetic forms of energy.

Using his own power and mastery of the sped force, he redirected kinetic energy into himself, that is entirely under his own power.

He added other people speed to his own. Not a ft for Flash solely.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 07:11 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

He added other people speed to his own. Not a ft for Flash solely.

It is a feat for flash, as it showa he can take the kinetic energy of other targets and use it for his own self.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 07:28 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Board Walker
It is a feat for flash, as it showa he can take the kinetic energy of other targets and use it for his own self.

Not a speed ft for him though. Glad we agreed on that part.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 07:43 PM
Board Walker

Not a speed ft for him though. Glad we agreed on that part.

I don't agree with your interpretation Carver.

It is a speed feat for him as the Flash is powered by all forms of kinetic energy, it is his power to drawn in all kinetic energy to speed up. In fact the source of the Flash's speed is due to his ability to channel and draw in kinetic energy from the Speed Force. Even if you want to argue the semantics of this feat, it doesn't take away from the fact that he could do it in a fight with the Surfer to kill the Surfer.

Furthermore, his speed feat that I posted on the prior page shows he has absolute mastery of time, and space control on the fly. That alone trumps teleportation.

Last edited by Board Walker on Aug 26th, 2015 at 08:29 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 08:26 PM
DarkSaint85

BW, what do you think of my interpretation?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 09:25 PM
Board Walker

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
BW, what do you think of my interpretation?

I believe your interpretation is logical and could be just as likely as the interpretation I put forth, I haven't done the numbers yet but statistically the theory you put forth is possible.

If we were to go with your theory as well as the notion that he carried two people (out of 500,000) at sub light speed to safety, but then increased his speed on the journey back to make up the difference. Then the flash's top speeds would be even greater, however the speed feat I posted on page one is still likely the greatest speed feat in any comic, in the history of all comics.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 09:59 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

flash could easily steal ss's speed at the outset of the fight, thereby slowing ss and increasing his own speed dramatically.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 10:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Boardwalker, will you please shoot me in my head

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 12:14 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

morreeee flash!!!! board walker!!!!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 12:51 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by ghostman
morreeee flash!!!! board walker!!!!

You have asked...so be it, more enlightenment shall be given.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 01:53 AM