KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Zannah vs. Darth Malak (Lightsabers only)

Darth Zannah vs. Darth Malak (Lightsabers only)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ew, he's bald.

Bald? Bane is bald.

I would have thought you might mention that Malak is, you know... missing his f***ing jaw?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That was the joke.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nothing you posted is worthy of rebuttal when you haven't responded to most of my original points.

Do I really need to outline this thread sentence by sentence to show you what you have and have not said? laughing out loud

I did.

I pointed out that while strong, he's not strong enough to make any impact on Zannah. You've failed to explain how it gives him an advantage.

I pointed out that those speed feats are LAAAAAAAME, which they are. And you failed to justify them.

I pointed out that those accolades are vague and inadequate. You've given no reason why killing mandalorians translates to saber combat or why beating Bastila in a fight that you can't prove was won through saber skill or why pressing Revan indicates Malak can skill his way through Zannah's defenses.

I pointed out that your original post was flawed and gave you lengthy explanations for why Malak could not accomplish what you said he could. You've decided to mock my posts, pretend that I've offered nothing of substance and haven't dealt with your points and avoid engaging me because you know you cannot beat me. Which is wise, because it's true.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

It's hard to tell with you.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 12:39 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
I pointed out that while strong, he's not strong enough to make any impact on Zannah. You've failed to explain how it gives him an advantage.

Well, first, that's a red herring.
My original post was in reference to your statement "Malak has some really good strength fe- huh."
My post directly listed feats that presented "some really good strength feats" and hype in my eyes.

You dismissed the RPG stats simply because they were "RPG stats" without any real explanation behind it. You made mention of the fact that Malak had 20 Charisma as if it disproves Malak having 20 Strength, which is pretty strange given statements said by Sith Hopefuls on Korriban make it pretty obvious he has incredible charisma. We also see his charisma at work in KotOR 2 via an illusion of the past. You made mention of the RPG stats again by simply saying "and he has RPG stats" as if that was remotely my argument.

You failed to even mention my text "capable of manhandling Mandalorians" in any of your responses. You implied you don't think that the feat demonstrates superhuman strength, but I haven't really seen a reason from you suggesting why that is other than you simply saying "he just has no actual feats of superhuman strength."

You summarized the pictures of Malak's size to simply "he's big and powerful." To be entirely fair, you can sum up Darth Bane or Sarro Xaj in a similar way as well. You made no efforts to show why Malak being extremely physically fit has no relevance to Zannah's style, or why extremely powerful augmentation won't further booster him. You implied that Bane fits the same credentials, and Zannah managed to defend herself against Bane just fine, but I would respond saying he was pushing her back in their battle.

You wrapped up by repeating yourself once again that nothing shown can harm Bane or Zannah. You didn't show any comparisons of Bane or Zannah's feats to really support this. You simply said it. That doesn't qualify as a rebuttal in my eyes.

quote:
I pointed out that those speed feats are LAAAAAAAME, which they are. And you failed to justify them.

Only until the second time did you make any comment about the speed feats. You said they were worthless because any Jedi could do it. I truly doubt "any Jedi" could stand against potentially dozens of Mandalorians on the front-lines of the battlefield.

Regardless, a being with Malak's power and accomplishments is clearly fast enough so that speed isn't going to be the deciding outcome of the battle when he's still going toe-to-toe with Darth Revan for a duration of time. You haven't presented any speed feats from Zannah suggesting her speed has ever tipped the tide of a battle before.

quote:
I pointed out that those accolades are vague and inadequate.

With no reasons why they are vague and inadequate. thumb up

quote:
You've given no reason why killing mandalorians translates to saber combat

Blaster deflection against dozens of Mandalorians on the battlefield signifies exceptional mastery over a lightsaber in both defensive and offensive uses. This is obvious.

quote:
why beating Bastila in a fight that you can't prove was won through saber skill

That's a pretty lame argument. Nothing indicates at all that he used Force powers, and what we saw of the fight was directly lightsaber combat.

quote:
or why pressing Revan indicates Malak can skill his way through Zannah's defenses.

Because Darth Revan is more skilled than Bane or Zannah, being regarded as the greatest warrior the Mandalorians and Cathar have ever seen, fighting and defeating nearly any enemy he met on the battlefield (Mandalore and Yusanis in particular, both exceptional masters of combat), and butchering armies of Echani warriors en masse. We also know from character statements from Kreia that Revan was a high-end master of perhaps all forms of combat, and from authorial quotes by Chris Avellone that he can take on and defeat Kreia and the Jedi Exile at the same time. All Bane really has is defeating Kas'im.

---

I have studies to do, then I need to work on my CaV with DC so that's really all I want and have to say at this point. I know how you work and that, given I probably expect a response, you will simply regurgitate the same arguments you use every Bane and Zannah debate you have with every forum member. If anyone else worth my time is open for discussion concerning Malak vs Zannah, I'll gladly make room in my schedule though.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Aug 24th, 2015 at 12:58 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 12:51 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Zannah wins.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 07:16 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, you actually deigned to reply to me. I guess I am worth your time. wink

Well, first, that's a red herring.
My original post was in reference to your statement "Malak has some really good strength fe- huh."
My post directly listed feats that presented "some really good strength feats" and hype in my eyes.

No, you didn't. You posted absolutely zero good strength feats. Feats, Ant. Not picture's of him being all swole and ugly. Choking out a Mandalorian doesn't count, he's a non-force sensitive. Who gives a lumpy bat shit. Bane disarmed a Jedi Master with one strike, a being who can augment his strength way above human levels. Thats impressive. Thats a feat. I hope you're taking notes here, chum.

You dismissed the RPG stats simply because they were "RPG stats" without any real explanation behind it. You made mention of the fact that Malak had 20 Charisma as if it disproves Malak having 20 Strength, which is pretty strange given statements said by Sith Hopefuls on Korriban make it pretty obvious he has incredible charisma. We also see his charisma at work in KotOR 2 via an illusion of the past. You made mention of the RPG stats again by simply saying "and he has RPG stats" as if that was remotely my argument.

Because RPG stats are non-canonical. Having a 20 strength doesn't mean anything. It's a game mechanic. It's the same as being level 20 or having +10 armor. Meaningless. You actually trying to defend them is the height of infancy.

You failed to even mention my text "capable of manhandling Mandalorians" in any of your responses. You implied you don't think that the feat demonstrates superhuman strength, but I haven't really seen a reason from you suggesting why that is other than you simply saying "he just has no actual feats of superhuman strength."

Because I said "good" strength feats, not shitty ones. Tackling a Mando isn't impressive in the least. A Mando is a normal human, jumping on him is no more impressive than jumping on a rugby player. It demonstrates no superhuman ability at all. The Mando is question also has no strength feats, making it an utter non-feat. You need to post some actual feats to convince anyone that Malak can press Zannah's defenses.

You summarized the pictures of Malak's size to simply "he's big and powerful." To be entirely fair, you can sum up Darth Bane or Sarro Xaj in a similar way as well. You made no efforts to show why Malak being extremely physically fit has no relevance to Zannah's style, or why extremely powerful augmentation won't further booster him. You implied that Bane fits the same credentials, and Zannah managed to defend herself against Bane just fine, but I would respond saying he was pushing her back in their battle.

Sarro and Bane actually have feats, so that comparison is wrong. And I summarised it like that because it's what your point was and it's not a point at all. You can't prove that he has extremely powerful augmentation. You are literally making it up and guessing that he has that. And Bane wasn't pushing her back with his strength, she was tactically retreating like any defensive duelist would. So you have absolutely no argument. You cannot prove that Malak rivals Bane in strength and even if he did so it wouldn't achieve anything. This point is moot, like I said at the start.

(please log in to view the image)

You have no argument.

You wrapped up by repeating yourself once again that nothing shown can harm Bane or Zannah. You didn't show any comparisons of Bane or Zannah's feats to really support this. You simply said it. That doesn't qualify as a rebuttal in my eyes.

You already know their feats, so you really should be aware that Malak utterly fails to compare to either of them. Why should I waste my time posting feats you already know.

Only until the second time did you make any comment about the speed feats. You said they were worthless because any Jedi could do it. I truly doubt "any Jedi" could stand against potentially dozens of Mandalorians on the front-lines of the battlefield.

You mean, other than the thousands who actually did in the Mando Wars? Or did you assume Malak solo'd the whole thing? erm

Anywho, laughing at them was my comment. And your argument here is equally laughable. You're completely fabricating this claim. Show me where Malak defended himself against dozens of Mandalorians and then you'll have a feat. Until then you're making it up. You're guessing that he might have done this thing at some point. And even then it doesn't matter, what the hell does blaster deflection matter when fighting Zannah? laughing

Regardless, a being with Malak's power and accomplishments is clearly fast enough so that speed isn't going to be the deciding outcome of the battle when he's still going toe-to-toe with Darth Revan for a duration of time. You haven't presented any speed feats from Zannah suggesting her speed has ever tipped the tide of a battle before.

~Baseless speculation~

"I can't prove that Malak has good speed so I'm just going to say that he does because I want him to". Darth Revan also has no speed feats, numbnuts. Bringing him up means nothing. And just going "Malak's powerful" ALSO establishes zippoo about his speed. It doesn't prove anything. It's speculation. It's fabrication. Meanwhile Zannah can visually track lightning bolts and respond equally to Bane's speed, and I know you know how much faster Bane is that Malak. Even as an apprentice she could block with immense difficulty a berserk Bane who was moving so fast he appeared to have 12 lightsabers at once. She's well above Malaks level.

You have no argument.

With no reasons why they are vague and inadequate. thumb up

It's readily apparent. You establish that he was "renowned" for his skill. Something dozens of lesser Jedi could also claim. It establishes nothing other than he's nebulously a good swordsman. How good? I dunno, he's just good ok! Like I said at the start, Malak has no solid skill accolades or feats. He only has stuff that establishes him as "good." Being a "good" swordsman doesn't separate him from the hundreds of other "good" swordsman and establishes no advantage over Zannah. Sarro elevated dueling to an art form. Bane knew her style inside and out. Malak has nothing comparable to challenge Zannah with.

Blaster deflection against dozens of Mandalorians on the battlefield signifies exceptional mastery over a lightsaber in both defensive and offensive uses. This is obvious.

No it doesn't and Malak's never ****ing done that. You made it up.

Provide an example of Malak fighting a dozen Mando's at once. You can't because it's something you made up.

That's a pretty lame argument. Nothing indicates at all that he used Force powers, and what we saw of the fight was directly lightsaber combat.

He defeated both Revan and Bastila with the Force in that duel previously. Just because we saw him attack Bastila in sabers means nothing for how the rest of the duel went down. It's not a feat that establishes Malak's skill and Bastila isn't exactly an exceptional warrior either.

Because Darth Revan is more skilled than Bane or Zannah, being regarded as the greatest warrior the Mandalorians and Cathar have ever seen, fighting and defeating nearly any enemy he met on the battlefield (Mandalore and Yusanis in particular, both exceptional masters of combat), and butchering armies of Echani warriors en masse. We also know from character statements from Kreia that Revan was a high-end master of perhaps all forms of combat, and from authorial quotes by Chris Avellone that he can take on and defeat Kreia and the Jedi Exile at the same time. All Bane really has is defeating Kas'im.

Ahahahaha, no Ant. He is not. You're making that thing about Kreia up, and it's been completely established that author statements don't mean jack. Also Kas'im is a way better fighter than anyone Revan beat in a duel. Which is uh, Malak and um that's it! Being a good warrior is irrelevant because none of them pertain to his lightsaber abilities. And the sources of those opinions are Canderous and Juhani, who are biased in the extreme.

Also Malak lost that fight and Darth Revan has equally nonexistent speed and strength feats as Malak. So uh, yeah. Who cares.

You still have no argument.

So what have we learned here children? Oh right, Malak has no good strength feats, he has no good speed feats and he has no good skill feats. Just like I said at the start. He. Is. Shit.

Last edited by Nephthys on Aug 24th, 2015 at 01:18 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 01:12 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Trocity
It's hard to tell with you.

You have to admit their constant bitching back and forth is adorable, tho.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 02:15 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ant is adorable. I'm like... adorabloodthirsty. That's what I am. Rawr.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 02:51 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

EEEEEWWWW, Homestuck is terrible.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 02:56 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Homestuck is life, peasant.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 02:58 PM
Trocity

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You have to admit their constant bitching back and forth is adorable, tho.

It's a Mr. and Mrs. Smith exchange - they will be making passionate e-love in a page or 2.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 04:19 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The sass is strong with Neph, tbh.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 05:33 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sassavage more like.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 06:30 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

you just dont knoww wwhen to stop do you neph

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:01 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Will Malak perform better than an elite swordsman like Sarro Xaj?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 13th, 2016 03:41 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote