KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Cooler vs Frieza

Cooler vs Frieza
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Crimson Dragoon
DEBIRUMAN

Cooler absolutely slaughters his younger brother

quote:
In the movie Kame-Sen’nin says, “Ever since Goku returned from Planet Namek…” From this we can be sure that this is an event during the three years from when Trunks appeared to the arrival of the artificial humans.
— “Dragon Ball Daizenshuu 6: Movies & TV Specials” (p. 78)

Goku flat out says Cooler's ki is stronger than Freeza's when Cooler transformed. Goku in Movie 5 is also suggested to be much stronger than in the canon timeline because Cooler said he saw how he could've beaten Freeza after fighting Goku, who was still in base. Plus SSJ Goku strained himself immensely in the process of overpowering Cooler's Supernova, to the point of reverting back to base and passing out.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 05:05 PM
Crimson Dragoon is currently offline Click here to Send Crimson Dragoon a Private Message Find more posts by Crimson Dragoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ah, cool beans. Totally forgot about that line. embarrasment

Cooler wins. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 04:18 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Is the 470,000,000 quote from a reliable source?

It is rather odd, though, that Form IV Cooler is only as strong as Base Goku, but Form V is SSJ-tier. Unless the power changes are different, Cooler in Form I would have to be in the ballpark of a Ginyu Force member--it's no wonder why he remained in his fourth all the time.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 04:41 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Goku apparently has become stronger, he's also seen training kamehameha waves on Kamesennin's island.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 05:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Is the 470,000,000 quote from a reliable source?
It was stated in one of the promotional power level guides for the film--the same guides that listed LSSJ Broly at 1.4b and SSJ Gogeta at 2.5b.

The notion that n00b Goku's PL had more than tripled since the events of Namek, however, is completely unbelievable... So I don't buy the 470m thing for Cooler.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 06:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Just rewatched cooler's revenge and man goku can take a beating

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 06:21 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Galan007
It was stated in one of the promotional power level guides for the film--the same guides that listed LSSJ Broly at 1.4b and SSJ Gogeta at 2.5b.

The notion that n00b Goku's PL had more than tripled since the events of Namek, however, is completely unbelievable... So I don't buy the 470m thing for Cooler.

But he was fingering blows from Trunks' sword, who claimed that those blows would have anihilated Frieza.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 06:50 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
But he was fingering blows from Trunks' sword, who claimed that those blows would have anihilated Frieza.
Trunks was holding back with those strikes:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 07:23 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

That doesn't necessarily mean Goku still couldn't have done the same thing if he himself put out more energy to match Trunk's full swing.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 09:04 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Goku said Trunks was not going all-out, therefore Trunks was not going all-out.

What-ifs don't mean much.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 09:31 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

But just like saying what-if's don't mean much, that statement doesn't mean much. What proof do we have Trunks went all out against Freiza and King Cold? What level of "holding back" was he at? Was he almost full strength? Half? Etc...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 09:53 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There was no implication that he held back when he sliced Freeza.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 10:03 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Galan's right, my confusion was because of a translation error where Trunks said "those" strikes could have slaughtered Frieza.

Regardless of that fact, it seems clear enough to me that such a feat is well above what he would have been capable of on Namek.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 01:17 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Bump!

I wonder if Cooler had to train some months to get that, or if he attained Golden form just by willing it. Would be dumb if the latter, tho I guess they figured it didn't have to make much sense if it's just a fanservice anime, and Cooler's non-canon anyway, so...

I think this Cooler would beat noob Golden Frieza from RoF, but current GF from the ToP, would give it to Frieza. Will have to see I guess if Cooler gets anymore feats/moments during the remainder of the show's run.

Regardless of the continuity, Super DB Heroes has actually been pretty fun so far imo, despite how hard some tried to shit on it in the beginning, but like it or hate it, it gives us more versus thread material to go with now. Broly ****ed the continuity anyway.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 02:54 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I've not watched this show(and don't plan to), but based on the screen-caps you provided, it seems like Cooler just willed himself into a Golden form.

Granted, it was stated in Movie 5 that Cooler was a far better energy collector/manipulator than Freeza... Apply that ability to the DBS scaling system, and I'd imagine that it was indeed the basis for Cooler *poofing* into a Golden form, lol.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 12:31 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Golden Cooler looks so much coola....

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 12:59 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Bump!

I wonder if Cooler had to train some months to get that, or if he attained Golden form just by willing it. Would be dumb if the latter, tho I guess they figured it didn't have to make much sense if it's just a fanservice anime, and Cooler's non-canon anyway, so...

I think this Cooler would beat noob Golden Frieza from RoF, but current GF from the ToP, would give it to Frieza. Will have to see I guess if Cooler gets anymore feats/moments during the remainder of the show's run.

Regardless of the continuity, Super DB Heroes has actually been pretty fun so far imo, despite how hard some tried to shit on it in the beginning, but like it or hate it, it gives us more versus thread material to go with now. Broly ****ed the continuity anyway.
Cooler's final form was on par with SS2 Goku. He was definitely a lot more powerful than before, and likely had training.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 01:08 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

That was an amped SSJ2 however...

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 01:10 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Movies are generally shit though in terms of even fighting.

Villain stomps, powerup of some sort for the heroes, immediate end to the fight. Bojack, Broly, Android 13, Cooler, Janemba, Dragon Fisting the Dragon, Lord Slug, I forget the other movie villains but probably there too.

That being said, Goku should be around the timeframe where he was fingering Trunk's sword so he was a ways more powerful than when he fought Frieza. With that said, it was implied that Cooler trained to get his new form, so naturally he's a ***** in the long run compared to Frieza.
Plus I think it was said in the power levels that Cooler was somewhere along 470 million in his new form or something. Did he show it? lol

Piccolo vs trio was better then Goku vs anyone.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 01:15 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote