KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Konvikt VERSUS Hulk

Konvikt VERSUS Hulk
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Lol...Hulk punched through a force field that Excalibur was unable to breach or pierce. That poops on any ft he just posted.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 02:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
In Hulk's Warrior mode, he kills over 9000 Supermen. Canon fact.

I agree 100%. You..you were referring to Superman from Action Comics #1 right? Since yeah, that version lacks the power to compete with jungle snakes.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 03:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Surtur
I agree 100%. You..you were referring to Superman from Action Comics #1 right? Since yeah, that version lacks the power to compete with jungle snakes.

laughing out loud

Good one. The lowball crew is never far away.

Attachment: lowball.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 03:27 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
laughing out loud

Good one. The lowball crew is never far away.

Maybe it has a lot to do with people being unable to truly judge power levels. I mean there are people out there that actually think that the Green Scar was actually the same level as a High Herald, despite context saying otherwise. Sound familiar Prof?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 04:13 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Stoic
Maybe it has a lot to do with people being unable to truly judge power levels. I mean there are people out there that actually think that the Green Scar was actually the same level as a High Herald, despite context saying otherwise. Sound familiar Prof?

Lol...even though you have a good point. Let's not talk about it here. Don't want to see the thread get closed.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 04:18 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmmmmm...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 05:31 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by The Sorrow
Hulk doesn't have "default" strength, he gets angry, he lifts/smashes it so that's a pointless distinction to make.

Hulk's canon clearly indicates he has default strength.

If this weren't the case he would annihilate opponents like Thing, Namor, and Thor upon the initial confrontation.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 08:15 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

If this weren't the case he would annihilate opponents like Thing, Namor, and Thor upon the initial confrontation.

I agree with this. He has been stated for years he has a calm (default) strength. the angrier he get the stronger he gets. So he has to have a base strength.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 08:25 PM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Banner prevents him from doing this. If Hulk had default strength, people like Thing, Namor, and Thor would annihilate him. Banner hold back Hulk power.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 08:27 PM
carver9

By the way, a weakened Hulk jut annihilated Thing in combat.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 08:29 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by carver9
Banner prevents him from doing this. If Hulk had default strength, people like Thing, Namor, and Thor would annihilate him. Banner hold back Hulk power.

Canon states that I'm right.

Why do you make me destroy you like this?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 09:07 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Canon states that I'm right.

Why do you make me destroy you like this?

Lololol...we've debated this before. I just want to come to a conclusion. That's all.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 09:08 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by carver9
Lololol...we've debated this before. I just want to come to a conclusion. That's all.

There IS a conclusion.

I'M RIGHT!

THE END.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 09:13 PM
Stoic
Avenger

There IS a conclusion.

I'M RIGHT!

THE END.

Actually haha heh. You're wrong according to forum rules at least. You should check out the ruling that was specifically given to the Hulk in these cases.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 09:17 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Actually haha heh. You're wrong according to forum rules at least. You should check out the ruling that was specifically given to the Hulk in these cases.

The King of Canon respects NO RULES that go against my infallible interpretation of comics.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 09:22 PM
Stoic
Avenger

The King of Canon respects NO RULES that go against my infallible interpretation of comics.

Well if it helps I somewhat agree with you, and have argued this in the past, but under forum rules, the Hulk begins combat sufficiently pissed. This means that he comes in at a high level of power. WW Hulk was different though, as he could control his strength level due to the training that he underwent on Sakaar. Rules are rules though, and the Hulk like Superman is often written to be strong enough to handle any strength task set before him. Just look at what he did to Onslaught. Arguing that he has trouble with guys like the Thing becomes a non point when considering that confrontation. That wasn't even the Hulk at his highest levels either.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 09:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Isn't this the same board that people say we don't argue power sets, and yet Hulk gets granted an automatic angry state of mind despite not walking around 24/7 super angry?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 10:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Isn't this the same board that people say we don't argue power sets, and yet Hulk gets granted an automatic angry state of mind despite not walking around 24/7 super angry?

Well technically it depends on the Hulk. Savage Hulk had to maintain a constant piss off (to a certain degree) in order to remain Hulked up. Doc Green not so much, Green Scar was able to control his strength level due to meditation. Some people may believe that we don't argue power set but that's not true. We should always argue power set while also backing it up by feats, and even collateral damage. After all, if a guy can throw a sedan to the moon, it kind of gives us the idea that they're pretty strong. One more thing, character has to also fit into the equation, because the Hulk isn't a murderer, while Maestro is.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 10:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But I always hear people saying about certain characters "oh so and so never does that" and it's not in regard to "this person won't kill" but more like "this person just won't use this strategy". It's come up in numerous Silver Surfer fights.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 10:27 PM
Stoic
Avenger

But I always hear people saying about certain characters "oh so and so never does that" and it's not in regard to "this person won't kill" but more like "this person just won't use this strategy". It's come up in numerous Silver Surfer fights.

Well that's character. Superman doesn't always fly in and drill his opponent in the head with 200 punches per second even if he can. He simply doesn't fight in that manner. It's CIS that limits the character not power set. I mean Superman can fly, but this does not mean that he's always zipping around at light speed. The Surfer could have opened a black hole up inside of the Rhino's melon, but he isn't a murderer, so again CIS comes into play.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 10:36 PM