KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What does God get out of being worshipped?

What does God get out of being worshipped?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

^^^Then why does he ask for it? Not a joke question.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 09:34 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Then why does he ask for it? Not a joke question.

He doesn't. He's giving us the chance to get closer to him and understand him through prayer and all that stuff. He doesn't need our affection or attention.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 10:53 PM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by psmith81992
God is the opposite of the kardashians. He doesn't need your attention.

Kardashians don't need our attention either, but they still want it. So that's not the opposite of God, who also doesn't need attention but quite obviously craves it as well.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 10:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Kardashians don't need our attention either, but they still want it. So that's not the opposite of God, who also doesn't need attention but quite obviously craves it as well.

But he doesn't crave our attention, nor want it. And the Kardashians both crave and need it.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 11:34 PM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only an idiot like Surtur would compare the Kardashians to God Himself. What a fool he is. Hope he likes fire. wink

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Sep 2nd, 2015 at 12:06 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 12:00 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, what about the "no other gods before me" thing?
Thats got to mean something in this context, yes?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 03:33 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, what about the "no other gods before me" thing?
Thats got to mean something in this context, yes?

I don't understand. Are u replying to what I said about Surtur stupidly comparing the Kardashians to an omnipotent and omniscient being? Yeah, your quote above is correct in that it's a commandment of God but don't see what that has to do with the spoiled Kardashians.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 05:43 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What does God get out of being worshipped?
This is what I believe:
Worship is for people.
God is complete and without want or need.
God is the cup that overflows. How can you add to that?

Obviously people need worship, but actually the reason to worship God in particular should be clear for you of all people wink

Through worship of God, we learn to love all things he created, for loving God means that you see him on everyone and everything. But we don't make those people and those things our rulers, we don't become dependant to them, because we know they need God to fully be something.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 06:06 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

He doesn't. He's giving us the chance to get closer to him and understand him through prayer and all that stuff. He doesn't need our affection or attention.
dunno. when i read the OT he seems to really care about people's attention and devotion

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 06:38 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i don't even get the idea that he shouldn't care about what humans think of him... sounds like something some self loathing humans made up to me

i mean aren't we supposed to be like god's children? what kind of parent doesn't crave a bond with his or her children?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 06:43 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Star428
I don't understand. Are u replying to what I said about Surtur stupidly comparing the Kardashians to an omnipotent and omniscient being? Yeah, your quote above is correct in that it's a commandment of God but don't see what that has to do with the spoiled Kardashians.

Nooo, definitely not replying to that. More to what smith was saying.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 10:33 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Bentley
Obviously people need worship, but actually the reason to worship God in particular should be clear for you of all people wink

Why me of all people, and why the wink afterwards? If there's a joke there, i dont get get it.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 10:36 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Why me of all people, and why the wink afterwards? If there's a joke there, i dont get get it.

That was a wink to Shaky who I was quoting. Sorry for the unwanted confusion confused

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 11:37 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nah, i get it [i]now]/i].
I wasnt quite awake enough earlier, MY bad! thumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 11:57 AM
Ayelewis

Judaism and Christianity claim that the biblical God is perfect. Therefore he cannot "gain" anything from any source, especially from the flawed, "sinful" creatures from whom he so illogically demands worship. But he does demand it, at the cost of the destruction of willful non-worshipers.

YHVH was perceived as a Middle Eastern monarch-tyrant, who demanded worship, obedience, and sacrifice. He was based on the Middle Eastern model of the king - a terrible model, because just like human kings, YHVH's mercy is only occasional, and his "justice" savage, grotesque, and inconsistently applied.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 04:30 PM
Ayelewis is currently offline Click here to Send Ayelewis a Private Message Find more posts by Ayelewis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Judaism and Christianity claim that the biblical God is perfect. Therefore he cannot "gain" anything from any source, especially from the flawed, "sinful" creatures from whom he so illogically demands worship. But he does demand it, at the cost of the destruction of willful non-worshipers.

No he doesn't.

quote:
YHVH's mercy is only occasional, and his "justice" savage, grotesque, and inconsistently applied.

Just because you think his mercy was only occasional and his justice was savage doesn't make it so. But keep applying your human principles to a God.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 04:36 PM
riv6672

THE god. wink

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 06:02 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Bentley

Through worship of God, we learn to love all things he created, for loving God means that you see him on everyone and everything. But we don't make those people and those things our rulers, we don't become dependant to them, because we know they need God to fully be something.

I don't worship. I believe in God in the same way I believe in gravity. Rather I have a good life of not is fully dependent on me.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 02:00 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't worship. I believe in God in the same way I believe in gravity. Rather I have a good life of not is fully dependent on me.

Oh yes, you're most definitely the master of your fate.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 02:36 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Oh yes, you're most definitely the master of your fate.

I except responsibility for all things in my life. I believe that I chose it all "long" before I was born. Every person is the master of their fate.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 04:22 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote