KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What does God get out of being worshipped?

What does God get out of being worshipped?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psmith81992
No, that's being both arrogant and ignorant. You either subscribe to a God or you don't. If you don't, you don't get to sit there and dissect his motives if he theoretically existed. I've had this discussion ad nauseam. The fallible don't get to pretend they understand the infallible.

I don't see why they have a say. Atheists have as much of a say as anyone else.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 01:46 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't see why they have a say. Atheists have as much of a say as anyone else.

Sure but atheists like surfur are as ignorant as theists like star.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 01:49 AM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Sure but atheists like surfur are as ignorant as theists like star.

If the universe is infinite, then there is an infinite number of possibilities, and God must be one of them. However, there should also be a Superman and the flash. Perhaps the universe isn't infinite.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 02:00 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

If the universe is infinite, then there is an infinite number of possibilities, and God must be one of them. However, there should also be a Superman and the flash. Perhaps the universe isn't infinite.

Uh...Pass what you're smoking?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 02:19 AM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Uh...Pass what you're smoking?

I didn't smoke anything.

Your point: No one should talk about something they cannot understand. Is that right? How could I talk about infinity when there is no way I could ever truly understand it? The fact is, I can. So, you are wrong. We can talk about things we can't understand.

Note: Perhaps if I did smoke something I would have an easier time expressing my self.

Last edited by Shakyamunison on Oct 7th, 2015 at 02:27 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 02:24 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

You're misunderstanding what God is looking for. He isn't seeking robotic devotion to feed His ego. He's looking for communication. He wants us to communicate with Him through prayer and devotion. He wants us to recognize that we have been separated from Him due to sin and the only way to reestablish the lost connection to Him is through faith in Christ Jesus. With the connection restored, we can communicate with him as a child would his/her parent. He is our Father. He wants us to communicate our problems to Him, express our fears to Him, etc. That is what God wants from us. He wants to be our Father. We need to be as loving and devoted to Him as we would our own parents.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:00 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't smoke anything.

Your point: No one should talk about something they cannot understand. Is that right? How could I talk about infinity when there is no way I could ever truly understand it? The fact is, I can. So, you are wrong. We can talk about things we can't understand.

Note: Perhaps if I did smoke something I would have an easier time expressing my self.

No, my point is don't talk about something as if you understand it when you really don't. IE (god is a mass murderer!!!)

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:20 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

psmith is upset because his god is a tyrant.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:21 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

So much for him staying out of the thread. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:30 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

No, my point is don't talk about something as if you understand it when you really don't. IE (god is a mass murderer!!!)

Why? If you take the bible literally, then you can draw that conclusion.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:42 AM
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why? If you take the bible literally, then you can draw that conclusion.

And those that want to justify that God doesn't exist because A, B, or C or "I don't believe in God because he's a mass murderer", use the literal meanings of the bible to justify their rationale.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:43 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

And those that want to justify that God doesn't exist because A, B, or C or "I don't believe in God because he's a mass murderer", use the literal meanings of the bible to justify their rationale.

And some Christians use the literal interpretation of the bible to condemn innocent people to a make-believe hell.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:52 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

And some Christians use the literal interpretation of the bible to condemn innocent people to a make-believe hell.

You've been there? You can verify hell is all make believe?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:58 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
You've been there? You can verify hell is all make believe?

You have never seen a unicorn, so you can't say they don't exist.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 04:00 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

You have never seen a unicorn, so you can't say they don't exist.

You just restated my point with a different example.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 04:06 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
You just restated my point with a different example.

I was hopping you would see how silly the argument is. Oh well...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 04:11 AM
Bentley
Seitei

We've discussed before that while your reasoning is right, the last word in your statement shouldn't be infinite but something more like "exhaustive". Infinite possibilities does not mean every possibility.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 04:37 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

maybe god wins our souls from the devil. lets say that god and the devil made a wager, a kind of standing bet for all the souls of human kind. no direct action just influence

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 11:08 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

And atheists/secularists use political ideology to condemn innocent people or justify mass murder. Point?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 12:04 PM
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

i don't

just saying

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 12:09 PM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote