KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri

Anybody watching this? So far, I love it. I've always been a fan of the Hunter X Hunter type animes, where fantasy, action and humour combine, and this show has all that, plus it adds the modern military.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/28907/..._Kaku_Tatakaeri

Attachment: gate3.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 11:00 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Thanks for the rec. thumb up

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 01:54 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I am just loving this show more and more with each episode and it is quickly moving to the top of my all-time favourites list. The humour is great, not too over the top, and every time there is an ass-kicking my respect for the JSDF goes up another level. Decent story and the comparison between a modern military force and a typical magical world is striking.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 01:53 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

The show excels when it concentrates on JSDF & Gate relations either through exploring the world or dealing with the political strife between the JSDF and the Empire currently in control of the area. However it does go overboard with Japan= #1 when other countries get involved.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 03:21 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
The show excels when it concentrates on JSDF & Gate relations either through exploring the world or dealing with the political strife between the JSDF and the Empire currently in control of the area. However it does go overboard with Japan= #1 when other countries get involved.

Glad you agree. I tend to just ignore the Japan = 1 propaganda. It's really no different from 99% of the TV shows and movies that come out of Hollywood shouting USA!USA! So far it hasn't been too distracting and in the last episode it even became somewhat relevant, when the Japanese ambassador warned the Empire that when it came to war, they were in over their heads as Japan had a long and bloody history.

However, just like you, I really prefer it when they focus on the interaction between the JSDF and the inhabitants of the Gate world.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 07:46 AM
ares834

Watched the first few episodes. Thought it was horrible. You compare it to HxH but I really don't see it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 08:37 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Watched the first few episodes. Thought it was horrible. You compare it to HxH but I really don't see it.

This is not to start an argument (obviously you have your own taste and opinion) but Gate has an excellent score of more than 80% (by more than 75,000 users on MyAnimeList). I find that I like the animes that have a lot of humour mixed with action while finding the animes that are rated even better somewhat boring, as they are too serious. That might be why we prefer different animes.

As for the comparison to HxH, as I stated in the beginning I like the recipe of combining a fantasy world with action and humour, which HxH did masterfully and which Gate is succeeding in as well so far, imo. Thus the resemblance - not in the story itself, but in the way it is told.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 09:48 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Wow. Just wow. Watching this week's episode was like watching Michael Bay directing an episode high on PCP and speed. Non-stop action from beginning to end - how much better can any anime show get?!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 02:37 PM