KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Bane

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Bane
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I don't think Kenobi could beat luminaries such as Sirak and Kas'im in sabers. Bane is just too good

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 10:40 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

--Nephthys, 2015

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
I think literally everyone here puts Dooku and Kenobi as near equals in terms of pure swordsmanship.

Kenobi shitstomps sabers, Bane takes Force but loses All Out.

I'd be surprised, considering how he literally manhandled him on bug world, as well as how easily he fights him in the movie. Obi-Wan looks like he's shitting himself in that saberlock. You notice how Dooku drags his blade up to block Anakin like it's not even there? Classic.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Already have. Not that difficult. Just read the novel and it's obvious they are close.

Next thing you know you will be saying Bane > Anakin as a duelist.

The novel makes many things obvious that are equally obvious to actually be the opposite in the movie.

Seems unnecessary.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Obi-Wan, all 3.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 03:08 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

Kenobi rapes easily.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 03:15 PM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Obi-Wan, all 3.

thumb up

--Nephthys, 2015

Neph is wrong, as usual. [Yoda] How embarassing. [/Yoda]

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 04:07 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Dooku bested Kenobi through the Force in the movie - not sabers. erm

Yes but why didn't Kenobi even attempt to block the first Force Push Dooku gave him? When Anakin/Kenobi did intercept each other Force pushes, as did Ventress and Luminara.

My point being you could equalize Kenobi and Dooku's TK Ability, and Dooku would still be landing Force attacks on Kenobi. So Dooku was simply outfighting Kenobi (while simultaneously fighting off Skywalker mind you) regardless of who has greater TK.

Originally posted by Selenial
I think literally everyone here puts Dooku and Kenobi as near equals in terms of pure swordsmanship.

Nah there's a lot who don't.

Most see Kenobi and Maul as near equals in swordmanship though.

As I've noted above, I just think Dooku is a superior combatant to Kenobi as of TCW and ROTS (Will wait and see what the new canon says about ANH Kenobi).

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Kenobi has the dueling edge, Bane has the Force edge.

Their edges on both ends of the spectrum is overrated. It's probably a near-even fight, if anything I'd give Bane the 6-7/10.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 04:42 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

@ NewGuy

Out of curiosity, why, in your opinion, Bane has the Force edge?[/B]

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 05:06 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

So. I was thinking about this. I'd say Kenobi wins all-out 8/10.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 09:59 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Stigma
@ NewGuy

Out of curiosity, why, in your opinion, Bane has the Force edge?

Largely because he's willing to abuse it, and has knowledge of more destructive powers that have more various combat uses. Kenobi's a much more passive force user, though he too is really powerful in his own way; Luke compares his force strength to Durron and Yoda more than once. Then again, that's OT Ben.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 12:58 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Bane wins thanks to his power edge. The skill edge is pretty minimal and not going to be all the important considering Kenobi's naturally defensive stance and Bane's own prowess in defensive combat. Physicals has no gaping disparity either.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 01:09 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Largely because he's willing to abuse it, and has knowledge of more destructive powers that have more various combat uses. Kenobi's a much more passive force user, though he too is really powerful in his own way; Luke compares his force strength to Durron and Yoda more than once. Then again, that's OT Ben.

Like lightning that Kenobi can dodge thumb up

Bane doesn't have a telekinetic edge, and Bane's offensive force powers like drain aren't usable without a nexus. Kenobi can dodge Bane's lightning or catch it on his saber.

Originally posted by SunRazer
Bane wins thanks to his power edge. The skill edge is pretty minimal and not going to be all the important considering Kenobi's naturally defensive stance and Bane's own prowess in defensive combat. Physicals has no gaping disparity either.

Da fuq? Kenobi has beaten Grievous, fought evenly with Ventress, held his own against Anakin, and Savage/Maul, and beaten more skilled duelists. He's the peer of duelists that would kill Bane on their own. Bane isn't even more skilled than Kas'im, and considering Kenobi's durability, speed advantage, and superior skill he could shrug off any of Bane's offense easier than Zannah. I'd also love to know what power edge he has, because Kenobi has greater telekinetic showings than Bane as well

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 03:38 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by carthage
Bane doesn't have a telekinetic edge,

He probably does, though that's not what I'm talking about; the point is that he'll abuse his powers and Kenobi won't, and that's frankly an advantage.

quote:
Bane's offensive force powers like drain aren't usable without a nexus.

He needed a nexus to sustain a spherical death field. Drain Life is a much more conservative spell; not that it's likely to make an appearance.

quote:
Kenobi can dodge Bane's lightning or catch it on his saber.

Bane can dodge Kenobi's saber or block it with his own, so what? It can still hit him and it can still kill him.

quote:
Bane isn't even more skilled than Kas'im,

I thought Kas'im could only handle trainee Bane? Stay consistent pls.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 03:45 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
He probably does, though that's not what I'm talking about; the point is that he'll abuse his powers and Kenobi won't, and that's frankly an advantage.

Which he didn't do against Zannah, as his MO at least of Dynasty of evil was to opt for a lightsaber duel.

quote:
He needed a nexus to sustain a spherical death field. Drain Life is a much more conservative spell; not that it's likely to make an appearance.

Which he has to pause and use, and unlikely as **** given Kenobi will be pounding him in sabers

quote:
Bane can dodge Kenobi's saber or block it with his own, so what? It can still hit him and it can still kill him.

And then Kenobi can blast him back, or outmaneuver him and counterattack, and no Bane isn't breaking Kenobi's defense. Again what are you talking about, he's never overly abused his powers in a lightsaber duel without orbalisks.

quote:
I thought Kas'im could only handle trainee Bane? Stay consistent pls.

????

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 03:52 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I agree with cart that Kenobi has been underrated pretty badly when it comes to Force power. He is a very capable force user.

If anything, the skill/dueling edge Kenobi has over this incarnation of Bane is much greater than any difference between the two in the Force department.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 04:48 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage

Da fuq? Kenobi has beaten Grievous, fought evenly with Ventress,

He's beaten Ventress as well in TCW Movie.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Sabers to Kenobi, force is a toss up

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Probably Bane, in a good one

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 05:25 PM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Supposedly Bane in POD is superior to Thon, Bane Annihilates.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote