KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Power Rangers (2017)

Power Rangers (2017)
Started by: AsbestosFlaygon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The extended trailer with the rap song?

not sure why they're doing that with movie trailers these day, When it doesn't fit them.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 03:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Yeah the rap song really killed it for me.

Never been into rap music & if every fight scene is gonna be like that then no thanks.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 03:15 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I rather liked one of the tv spots that they did, Which had the theme song from the tv show

hope its in the actual movie somewhere.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 03:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I can't believe people are actually considering seeing this. sick

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 10:17 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

different strokes for different folks.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 11:23 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
different strokes for different folks.

I'll hope that this will have some unintentional humor value and will save it for when it's free and when I can see it ironically with some friends and not sober.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 02:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Love that we get to see the full transformation plus I assume the other 4 rangers blue, black, pink and yellow will be using updated versions of the power weapons.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 11:14 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'll hope that this will have some unintentional humor value and will save it for when it's free and when I can see it ironically with some friends and not sober.

Seems like you missed the boat when the Power Ranger's was all the rage back in the day.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 06:12 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

saw this eazrlier.. its surprisingly good..

changes were made, but were expected and fit the story..

overall i'd give this a solid 8/10

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 10:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
Ok as a big childhood fan of the show, I just came back from it.

The cast was ok, especially Jason and Kimberly. But the characterization felt off compare to the original show. In the original show, they were all good kids and long time friends. In the movie, all of them are characterized as the "weirdo" or troubled kids.

Billy was some autistic nerd.
Zack(he actually resembles Adam a lot) was a half crazy "stalker" in the first half, he lives with his sick mother.
Trini was a lonely lesbian(it didn't show much in the movie, she just told the team about it).
Even Jason and Kimberly are troublemakers, who had made fateful mistakes.

So none of them actually resemble the original characters. None of them were better than the original five. That's my biggest complain. I'm ok if you add some problems to one or two characters to create drama, but a total rewrite on all 5 characters, well, why not rename them as brand new characters? One good thing is that Jason/Kimberly pair was happening.

They've never met each other as well. The 2/3 of this movie was about how they form relationship through setbacks, I'm ok with it but it might be too boring to some people.

Rita was fine, while she was a bit too cruel in the first half. Zordon and Alpha were perfect. I'm ok with setting Rita as the old green ranger and Zordon as the old red leader of the team.

The fights was cool with the dinozords, but it turned a lot worse when they merge, and the merge process wasn't even shown clearly. The fighting between Goldor(it was just a giant burning gold dumbass!) and the Megazord was boring and slow if you compare with other giant robot fighting movies like Pacific Rim and Transformers.

Ok, the best scene is Amy Jo Johnson and JDF making cameos after the fight. I was yelling "Kimberly" in the cinema when I saw her.

The post credit scene showed Tommy had moved here.

Overall if you are a power ranger fan, it was "ok" but could have been much better and close related to the show, I don't regret seeing it.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 10:07 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Slowpoke
Ok as a big childhood fan of the show, I just came back from it.

The cast was ok, especially Jason and Kimberly. But the characterization felt off compare to the original show. In the original show, they were all good kids and long time friends. In the movie, all of them are characterized as the "weirdo" or troubled kids.

Billy was some autistic nerd.
Zack(he actually resembles Adam a lot) was a half crazy "stalker" in the first half, he lives with his sick mother.
Trini was a lonely lesbian(it didn't show much in the movie, she just told the team about it).
Even Jason and Kimberly are troublemakers, who had made fateful mistakes.

So none of them actually resemble the original characters. None of them were better than the original five. That's my biggest complain. I'm ok if you add some problems to one or two characters to create drama, but a total rewrite on all 5 characters, well, why not rename them as brand new characters? One good thing is that Jason/Kimberly pair was happening.

They've never met each other as well. The 2/3 of this movie was about how they form relationship through setbacks, I'm ok with it but it might be too boring to some people.

Rita was fine, while she was a bit too cruel in the first half. Zordon and Alpha were perfect. I'm ok with setting Rita as the old green ranger and Zordon as the old red leader of the team.

The fights was cool with the dinozords, but it turned a lot worse when they merge, and the merge process wasn't even shown clearly. The fighting between Goldor(it was just a giant burning gold dumbass!) and the Megazord was boring and slow if you compare with other giant robot fighting movies like Pacific Rim and Transformers.

Ok, the best scene is Amy Jo Johnson and JDF making cameos after the fight. I was yelling "Kimberly" in the cinema when I saw her.

The post credit scene showed Tommy had moved here.

Overall if you are a power ranger fan, it was "ok" but could have been much better and close related to the show, I don't regret seeing it.

Good post.

Average movie. My favorite parts:

- PR theme song

- Amy Jo's and Jason Frank's cameos (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 02:11 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Good post.

Average movie. My favorite parts:

- PR theme song

- Amy Jo's and Jason Frank's cameos (please log in to view the image)

Me, too!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 02:36 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Well I saw it today and a great action fantasy movie as expected.
Brilliant cameos, flawed believable relatable characters including Rita Repulsa, brilliant foreshadowing or easter egg, lines that make it obvious sequels and a sequel, and like The Avengers right mix of serious and funny stuff.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 12:31 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I was going to. Fun film.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 09:50 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I can't believe people are actually considering seeing this. sick

I'm with you. My kids used to watch the TV show and it was unbearable. How anybody would want to see this movie is beyond me.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 01:05 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Is it really that hard to believe a show that's been running for
20+ Years that's based off a show that's running for 40+ years has people that make up a fanbase for it? Even go as far as I don't know, liking it? There's worst franchises to question about imo. Some peeps value their opinion alittle too much, which is fine. We all like to feel important.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 03:46 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Scythe
Is it really that hard to believe a show that's been running for
20+ Years that's based off a show that's running for 40+ years has people that make up a fanbase for it?

No. I'm sure theres a ton of 8-10 year olds that love it.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 03:53 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

It's no different than TMNT, Transformers, GI Joe, etc... it ain't that hard to not be a shit human being, people do it all the time.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 04:13 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

.......Not at you Scythe.

Attachment: godzillafacepalm.png
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 31st, 2017 at 06:13 AM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 06:10 AM
tkitna

Originally posted by Scythe
It's no different than TMNT, Transformers, GI Joe, etc...

Not exactly helping your point with those examples.

quote:
it ain't that hard to not be a shit human being, people do it all the time.

Once you hit puberty and have to deal with the ignorant youth, you'll find out that its a lot harder than you think.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 06:59 AM