KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » LeoTaint vs DarkSaint: Filler Battle of the Century

LeoTaint vs DarkSaint: Filler Battle of the Century
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Jesus. I'll refrain from sarcasm, but sincerely, way to put some work into the ruling. It's laudable, but definitely not needed if you don't have as much time in the future.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 03:58 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Good lord.

And I thought it was OCD-esque when Enyalus used to post a few scans with his rulings. This is a whole new level of hyper-excessive. blink

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 04:17 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Nah that judgment was beautiful. The standard has been set.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 05:25 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
and oas would be fine by me. he's so thorough we may not even need another judge. thumb up

I graciously and humbly accept my victory.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 07:08 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

l. o. l.

still one more to go ya bastich....

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 12:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I think we need judges for OAS' judgement. Digi, take note.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 01:19 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

My judgement should be in by the end of the day. I have no way of living up to the epicness of OAS's post though.

I shoulda gone first damnit.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 05:02 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Don't dwell on it too much. As long as the match has been read thoroughly, timely votes are more important than lengthy ones. Nothing has killed more matches than delayed judging.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 05:15 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Digi
Jesus. I'll refrain from sarcasm, but sincerely, way to put some work into the ruling. It's laudable, but definitely not needed if you don't have as much time in the future.

Ah don't worry it doesn't take me long at all really to do a writeup like that.

It doesn't take me long plus I enjoy doing it, like posting scans in the Ownage thread and doing this I find it all therapeutic. And with me I need that type of release sometimes.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Sep 10th, 2015 at 05:54 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 05:47 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by StyleTime
My judgement should be in by the end of the day. I have no way of living up to the epicness of OAS's post though.

I shoulda gone first damnit.
At this point you should just post a one word judgement simply saying who you voted for stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 05:55 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

...How did you guys manage to make a “for funsies” match so damn hard to judge? I've been combing through the posts to see if I missed anything major. This was decided by the smallest issue.

This was obviously well argued by both parties, and my opinion changed with every new post. The adaptive ability of Mid Rod(heh) is pretty scary and Nuclear Winter has a pretty off the charts offense. Leo, I applaud you here because of the nature of “I adapt to all” arguments. It leaves so much to the judges's imagination that it's difficult to make everything stick. Dark, your offense was simple(not an insult) but all of your posts were very effective at supporting it. On many points, I honestly feel like you canceled each other out, through either debate or powerset; however, one issue seemed to crop up repeatedly, and it's the only thing I feel sways this fight slightly in favor of one party.

While I do try to extend the logic you've presented to any issues not directly addressed in your posts, I can't make arguments for you.

Leo, your arguments were spot on. You should be successful in teleporting and opening a Door. Dark's attack will be largely wasted, and you have heat sinks/shields to deal with excess energy. That said, Dark does offer the counterargument that the sun is wildly hotter than Magma. I'd have liked to see a scan or two with some gauges on Magma's power output. I try and leave my own knowledge of these characters at the door, so it would strengthen the part of your argument centered on her. I needed a good force field feat too. Blocking Wolverine was good, but it's unclear how that fairs against something like the Sun. As of now, I'm not comfortable saying you'd resist melting.

Truthfully, I think Mid Rod has a viable strategy, but, the burden of judging forces me to apply limits at some point. Without a scan, I can only give so much benefit of the doubt. I'm willing to allow defending against forces greater than Magma, but potentially millions of degrees hotter requires some additional support. It was the only thing keeping this from being another draw.

Verdict: DarkSaint85 by a hair.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2015 01:31 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ah well, c'est la vie. lol even though the thought experiment ended badly, i had a good time. midnighter was an itch i wanted to scratch for a while and i wanted to see how far i could push him. THIS is the reason i was afraid to draft him for something more serious, though i DO think i learned he def has some benefits thta some smart people might be willing to buy. i shall put that away for future reference. thanks to all for reading, it's much appreciated, and thanks to ds for humoring me. good time. thumb up

Old Post Sep 11th, 2015 02:30 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Thanks Leo, for letting me have fun. Was difficult to fight you, and your door tactic was truly unexpected.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2015 08:14 AM