KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Batman or Superman?

Who do you like better, Batman or Superman
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman 34 69.39%
Superman 15 30.61%
Total: 49 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman or Superman?
Started by: Tevesh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batmanrules

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
I'm sick of Superman getting his ass handed to him in every fight he gets into with Batman!

I can understand why people would choose Batman over Superman.

-Batman's dark, a bad-ass, is prepared to kill, has a cooler costume and doesn't wear red undies and blue tights. (he wears black undies over his grey tights)

people say that because Batman's just plain darker and cooler looking then Batman and Batman has Kryptonite with him, I'd say Superman would win hands down.

Some one's prpobably thinking that Batman would find a way to cripple Superman i.e. Kryptonite.

But when it all comes down to it, just THINK about it. Superman could rip off Batman's testicles and shove them down Batman's throught before Batman could even reach his belt i.e. super freakin speed.

Don't get me wrong though, I AM a fan of ol' Bats, but it's just that whenever Superman gets punched by Batman in the cartoons or comics, Superman goes flying back.

I know Batman's strong, but PLEASE! Superman gets shot by cannons and doesn't even flinch! Where's the logic here?

Anyway, my vote goes to Superman!
i know what u mean, its just that batman is preapered for the exact moment that superman would turn on him, he studied each member of the JLA and knows exacly how to bring them down. thats why batman has an equil chance at superman. remember "expect the unexpected"

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 11:19 PM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Now that I think about it, if they both use all of the resources that they have, it could end up to be a stalemate.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 08:51 PM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

batman! as batmanrules said, hes way more darker and has a better costume too, i mean red and blue.....what was superman tinkin!?

ne way, in conclusion, batman ruules, superman suks.....end o discussion.......(apologies to ne superman fans...
big grin )

Madness, as you know, is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 09:20 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

In every fight they come to, Batman wins somehow. He invariably has synthesized kryptonite. But why does this happen?

People want to believe THEY can win. Bottom line: Batman's human, Supes is not. Now matter how much of a better person Superman is (and with so many less psychological problems), we always want to see the human being the alien.

Logically? Well, if Batman has time to prepare, like in Dark Knight Returns and Hush, then Superman is going down because Bats has plans in place. But if Superman takes Batman by surprise...well...he can't dodge heat vision forever.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 09:50 AM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pohlowan

Yes but batman has always been the better thinker of the two of then and will always win coz of it. Just cox sups as powers doesnt mean he will win, its all to do with your head.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 10:13 AM
pohlowan is currently offline Click here to Send pohlowan a Private Message Find more posts by pohlowan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pohlowan

cox=coz

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 10:13 AM
pohlowan is currently offline Click here to Send pohlowan a Private Message Find more posts by pohlowan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I say Bats if he has some Kryptonite readily available. Otherwise obviously superman could just basically fly straight through him like he wasn't even there.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 03:05 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypester
Not as Hype as I'd like

Okay... let's be cool here...

to preface this statement i've read Batman/Superman #4... Both Superman AND Batman get their behinds handed to them by other heroes in a 2 on 2... so they're both very beatable...

Also, Superman may be more stable mentally than Batman, but Superman carries more responsibilities and thusly, just as many internal struggles. Superman can hear EVERYTHING bad within a very large radius... Superman is NEVER done... ever... if Gotham's clean, Batman's done for the day and he goes and trains... the entire world is never clean...

Don't get me wrong... i'm a batman fan... I just hope they keep things in perspective... Batman changes with the times (he's cooler, remember... he didn't get like that on accident) Superman is, as we said before, more stable... he almost DEFINES the times... everything from Super-Sayajins to Supermarkets (or Super Wal-Marts) or Super Sized Fries or "Super Heroes" is based on the name of Superman (who pre-dates all that stuff).

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 04:44 PM
Hypester is currently offline Click here to Send Hypester a Private Message Find more posts by Hypester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

quote:
Originally posted by VengeanceGOD
In every fight they come to, Batman wins somehow. He invariably has synthesized kryptonite. But why does this happen?

People want to believe THEY can win. Bottom line: Batman's human, Supes is not. Now matter how much of a better person Superman is (and with so many less psychological problems), we always want to see the human being the alien.

Logically? Well, if Batman has time to prepare, like in Dark Knight Returns and Hush, then Superman is going down because Bats has plans in place. But if Superman takes Batman by surprise...well...he can't dodge heat vision forever.
expect the unexpected

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 07:42 PM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

okay,now,the only reason that this superman come up with is either,batman has no superpowers or superman is stronger.firstly,a man is not measured by his strenght or abilities but by his choices!!!superman is not even HUMAN!!!he is an alien who's planet got blasted off so,he decided to come to earth.batman is human,mortal and the hottest super hero ever to save the world so there,my vote goes to BATMAN!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 06:56 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rasta

Batman should get spanked. As you've stated, he is only human, and we do have a cap on intelligence. He may be very smart, but he is no super human in this department. He just exceeds past your average joe.

And that's all he has. He has nothing else, bar Kryptonite that could defeat Superman. The point is, without it, facing Superman. He would get annihilated. Totally.

I'm not 'dis-respecting' the human race, I'm jsut saying that when it comes to a situation like this, with their matchup. It's literally impossible for Batman to win.

Superman could do a number of things, use Heat vision to scorch him to death. Super speed him into to a wall. Use his Super strength to just kill him in one blow. Honestly, it's stupid to even compare them.

But in the comic world, it's not all about abilities. It's more plot, etc. That's why Superman's lost to Bat's before. But in all seriousness, Bat's truely has no chance against The Man of Steel.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 07:21 PM
Rasta is currently offline Click here to Send Rasta a Private Message Find more posts by Rasta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Am I completely hallucinating, or did the OPer specifically say that this was a question of who you liked better, not who would win a fight? So why...oh, never mind.

I think Batman is a much cooler character. I don't know who would win, and really, I don't care. But I know who I like, and Batman is it. He's dark, complex, flawed (which is essential for a character to be interesting, imho), and interesting; as far as I'm concerned, Superman is none of those things (although considering his popularity, some people must find him interesting).

And I'm not trying to be an obnoxious know-it-all, but...

Several people have complained that Batman doesn't kill anyone on-screen in the movies. What about that goon of the Joker's Batman hurles to his death in Batman? For that matter, what about the Joker and Two-Face? Batman kills them on-screen. Which actually really bothers me because Batman doesn't kill people. It's one of his defining characteristicts. Letting people die was what got Azbat in so much trouble.

And as for the people who say that Superman is cooler because he patrolls the entire world, whereas Batman only patrols his city...have you perhaps forgotten the JLA? Batman constantly leaves his city on missions (even outside of the JLA; in Bloodborne, for example, he goes to Russia to try to stop a biological weapon from being unleashed). And by that standard, Aquaman must be even cooler than Superman.

But I've rambled long enough. Suffice it to say that I like Batman better, but admit that it is ultimately a matter of opinion.

Peace,
Gregory

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:20 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Superman is horrible idea for a superhero, he has a power for everything insane strength and all this other crap. but he's weak to kyrptonite well who the hell cares? does any reagular hero carry the stuff? no, hes far to powerfull to be interresting.

Bat's has flaws that's why hes so damn cool, hes a regular guy who has fought everything you can think of and wins most of the time just because he's Batman.

so I say again BATMAN all the way

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 10:01 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rasta

You're a jealous fanboy Venom. You know if there was ever anything remotely worthy of being a crossover, Venom would get spanked left, right, and center.

Superman is the hero other heroes are judged by, and easily has one of the most in-depth backgrounds, and stories out of all the Super heroes.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 10:45 PM
Rasta is currently offline Click here to Send Rasta a Private Message Find more posts by Rasta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

and who the HELL are you? did i even mention Venom? no I explained why Batman is cooler. you seem to be some closet FANBOY who dosent know jack shit about what hes talking about or when to shut up. just to let you know at one point Venom whooped supermans goofy ass.

so go cry to your mother or watch some lifetime channel and get back on the topic.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 10:49 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by Rasta

Superman is the hero other heroes are judged by, and easily has one of the most in-depth backgrounds, and stories out of all the Super heroes.

If I judged other heroes by Superman, I'd conclude that, compared to him, they were all works of genius. Instead, I judge heroes by characters I actually like. I find that it works better, that way.

His story is in depth; so what? Crap viewed through a magnifying glass is still crap.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 10:51 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by Rasta
But in all seriousness, Bat's truely has no chance against The Man of Steel.

Sure about that...?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 01:39 AM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Batman, because he's just plain cool. He's a mortal, kick @$$ toys, and he has a cool dark look.<-- That also keeps the repretation of the DC universe at a high level. He is just so unique. And he kills with style.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 03:20 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote