KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Westworld

Westworld
Started by: Ascendancy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Poor Bernard seemed lost the whole episode
Great intro though and I expect nothing but greatness from the follow up episodes

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 03:36 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Rather slow first two eps, which is fine overall as season one took the first 1-3 eps to slowly build and then deliver greatness.

Evan Rachel Wood looked amazing in the city (New York?) scene, in that dark blue dress.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 30th, 2018 at 05:06 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 05:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, quite slow but still riveting. Delores' comments at the end of the ep has set things up nicely for the season I think.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 1st, 2018 11:24 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

This show is getting better with every episode.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 07:25 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Am I crazy for liking the black hat bastard?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 01:02 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Not at all.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 01:51 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

You mean Ed Harris or the gunslinging French sounding guy? Doesn't really matter I suppose, they're both good characters.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 01:52 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I'm enjoying Westworld, but I also find this season to be a bit more character-driven rather than plot-driven. This, however, is not necessarily a bad thing, imo, as I find the characters' growth fascinating. It does mean not every episode will have the same pace, though, this week's episode being a case in point, as it focused a lot on Thandie Newton's character, Maeve.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 08:17 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Seems like they're going with the park being a veil for the real mission, making the rich/powerful effectively immortal.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 05:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

This could sort of be a prequel to Altered Carbon in that respect. smart

Old Post May 24th, 2018 11:07 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I'm a sucker for good storytelling and the Kiksuya episode of Westworld is a brilliant example of exactly that: Good storytelling. Don't think I've seen an episode of any other series recently that so perfectly and beautifully tells a tale.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 10:28 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Agreed, really like that one.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 06:24 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I love how Maeve wasn't the only character becoming aware of the false reality of the place. Other than Legion this has been one of my favorite complex shows this year

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 06:50 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

3 episodes into Season 2 now and I still find the storytelling methods of this show to be unnecessarily frustrating and irritating. I can't help but think how much more I would enjoy the show if it all just played out in a linear fashion. Also there's a great deal of disbelief suspension required to really enjoy it.

But surprisingly, it's still highly enjoyable. It seems Season 2 is shaping up to be better than the first...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 03:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The second season was absolute ass. Too bad. Season 1 was actually solid.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 12:54 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^Agreed, on the whole not as good as the first season but probably deserves a 2nd watch, likely pick up something I missed first time around, it's one of those shows after all.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 12:11 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Seems this got lost in the hype of a million other Comic Con trailers. Hoping they don't try and bite off more than they can chew and end up with another garbled mess that was S2.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 12:08 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

saw the trailer yesterday.. i liked it and looking forward to the 3rd season

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 03:17 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

What happened to this show?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 08:14 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Season 3 is actually really good so far.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 11:38 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote