KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Let me open your eyes, Matrix is real and I can prove it, please read!!

Let me open your eyes, Matrix is real and I can prove it, please read!!
Started by: Krazz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mithrandir
The Grey Wanderer

someone read matrix and philisophy, didnt we Tevesh?

Like Wind in the Meadows.
The days have gone down in the west.
Pella i amoni tenn' lumbule

Old Post May 30th, 2003 11:56 PM
Mithrandir is currently offline Click here to Send Mithrandir a Private Message Find more posts by Mithrandir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

Soory im not so smart.......... what is philisophy?

Old Post May 31st, 2003 01:23 AM
Karma Toreall is currently offline Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

Who Knows. Why we had dejavu in our lives. Im always had a question in my mind why dejavus. I always doubt of this. Can we really c a short episodes of our past lives?????

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:06 AM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I get prophetic dreams. Does that mean I'm only half-plugged? Is my neck loose?

Someone screw it back on.

Oh, and I searched that website on Dogpile after going to it. Object that came up the most had to do with MENTAL HOSPITAL PATIENTS. Does that mean something?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:50 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reveiller
Vash The Stampede

the matrix philosphy kicks ass its really interesting

everything that platos says on the allegory of tha cave makes sense
everything that hilary putnam said in brain in a vat makes sense
robert nozicks experience machine makes sense
peter ungers evil scientist makes sense also and all the other ones u should read them its cool i made a paper on them and i took a philosophy class and we looked at that 2

Old Post May 31st, 2003 06:47 AM
Reveiller is currently offline Click here to Send Reveiller a Private Message Find more posts by Reveiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Jesus, you are doing well if you actually understand Putnam. That's a very basic analysis they give of his work there, as they thrmselves admit, though I am sure you studied him in more detail in your class.

For those of you who don't know, Putnam had an interesting take on the 'What if we are all just brains in a vat and none of this is real?' question.

The thing he posed was that if we WERE brains in a vat, would we be able to truthfully SAY that we were? And he rather neatly goes on to say that we could not.

It gets complicated there, but he points out basicallly that just because someone says something it does not necessarily means the person understands what he is saying... crap, I'll have to give examples now...

Right, something a person says can be nonsense, that is obvious. If I all a bed a chair, that is nonsense, because the bed is a bed, not a chair. And if I say the word 'flargenabbleniblick', that is nonsense because there is no such thing.

But the THIRD way to be nonsensical is the important one here. Say there WAS such a thing as a 'flargenabbleniblick' and I just didn't know it, thinking it was a nonsense word. Someone, who did know what it was, coming into the room to hear me say it would think "Ah! He is talking about flargenabbleniblicks!" He might even come over and ask me what my favourite flargenabbleniblick is, and I would be bewildered.

So the point is that although I APPEARED to be making sense to this person, I was actually talking nonsense. I didn't know what a flargenabbleniblick was, I would have used the word whether it existed or not. Putnam called this a lack of 'causal connection'. You cannot use a word meaningfully unless your brain has a causal connection to what the word actually means. So if it turns out that a flargenabbleniblick is actually a type of drink, I cannot have any causal connection to its true meaning until someone tells me that.

ANYWAY. Putnam's point is that a brain in a vat experiencing only simulated happenings has NO causal conneciton to anything in the real world. He has never been there, everything he has seen has been simulated. He might SAY "I am just a brain in a jar" but he has no causal connection to brains, jars, or even, really, 'am'. He could not successfully imagine a real world with brains in jars- would be would be imagining is a simulated world with brains and jars. FOr all he knows, real-world brains might be triangles.

And so it is in The Matrix. No-one in the Matrix has any causal connection in thr real world. As Morpheus says, "No-one can be TOLD what the Matrix is." He is right- for people that have lived in it (people born in Zion could be told any time). Morpheus can explain to Neo all he likes what it is, but Neo's brain is completely incapable of truly understanding what it is until he sees it and experiences 'real' and makes the causal connection. And before that point he could say "I am just a naked body in a pod attached to a computer Matrix'. but his brain won't be thinking of a real body in a real pod. It would be thinking of a computer simulation of a body in a computer simulation of a pod, which is conceptually a different thing. It CANNOT think of a real body in a real pod. It does not know how. It does not even realise that it cannot do it.

Mind you, that is all very interesting but it never struck me as greatly relevant. All Putnam says is that you would not TRULY understand what the real world is like. He doesn't say you could never know that the one you were in was false.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 31st, 2003 11:03 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

like the cave of ... (big greek philosopher, forgot his name for a minute)
and
descartes: "je pense, je suis"

Old Post May 31st, 2003 11:22 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Well I think this is a Matrix cus when I dropped a glass this morning my kitchen floor did a weird rippling thing before the glass broke.

The real question is, "do I want to get out", to which I say no. My life is pretty kewl thanks. stick out tongue

Old Post May 31st, 2003 03:11 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

'cogito ergo sum' is the more universal way descartes put it.

But what you have to rememeber about Descartes is that he was a. a mathematician and b. a hardcore Christian, both of which severely biased his thinking.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 31st, 2003 03:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Holy Calculus!

Old Post May 31st, 2003 03:16 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

what if what we see isnt what truly is? your perception of the color red might be blue to me and maybe the world exists in a universal mind. maybe there's no physical existence but our minds projecting our experiences through our eyes. we touch but really do we touch anything?

Old Post May 31st, 2003 04:21 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

We really have to analize our lives coz there is some things that we have to disci=over by ourselfes. We always do what other tell us to do... like Neo with the oracles. Think about it we follows our parents, teachers, neightbors, friends rules, coz this is the way the the persons of ythe past told them to do and they tought us that rules. So.. we r living by the words of the past. who know for surely they were RIGHT????????????????????????????????? HUH????? Maybe we should start to belive what we want to belive about the world....... as we know or wanted to know.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 04:47 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

MR KRAZZ, MY NAME IS ALABA, AGENT ALABA, IF YOU ARE PREPARED TO GET THIS SILLY IDEA OF YOUR HEAD THAN WE ARE WILLING TO WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN, GIVE YOU A FRESH START, AND DON'T EVEN DARE TO GIVE ME THE FINGER OR ASK FOR A ****ING PHONE CALL!

Old Post May 31st, 2003 04:54 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Alaba, go read Descartes' 'Meditations' if you want to read about that. Though if you check we did just cover that subject in detail!

BtVS

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:21 PM
yerssot

finally got the name:
Plato
The cave of plato

think that fits in here nicely

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:29 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, that just got mentioned as well, yerss, two posts before where you forgot his name.

BtVS

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:31 PM
perceptionist

Hello all,
I'm at work right now so I haven't had the oppurtunity to read through this whole thread yet. I just wanted to throw a quick 2cents in. In a way, we all exist in a "matrix" so to speak. Not the one from the movie of course but something along those lines. You see, its pretty obvious that everything you know to be "reality" can be broken down into numbers. Binary for example: 1's and zero's, on and off's, yes's and no's, red pills and blue pills. Theres patterns of these numbers, systems of patterns and so on.... I apologize if this all has been said here already. When I get home, I'll have to come back and elaborate. Bad news Krazz, there really is no "escape". Theres arelady "systems" functioning to prevent anyone or anything from surpassing "them." Some may think theres ways, but just like in the movie, its already figured in as part of the "control" system.

All feedback is welcome!
Talk to you guys later (or yesterday.... hehehe.....)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 07:29 AM
perceptionist is currently offline Click here to Send perceptionist a Private Message Find more posts by perceptionist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

man you understudy's know more than what i thought.Good job.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 02:53 AM
Karma Toreall is currently offline Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

yes it is possible

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 04:23 PM
The Serpent

We definately exist in the Matrix.

... Unless you are one of those people who likes to pretend that they have "free will".

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 04:36 PM
The Serpent is currently offline Click here to Send The Serpent a Private Message Find more posts by The Serpent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote