KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...

New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

It's still annoying. I want DC to just commit to a phucking continuity for more than six months.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 10:45 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Yeah the whole Flashpoint thing was very much 'Look we have Swamp Thing and Constantine again!' rather than making any actual sense. Especially didn't make sense as they both appeared in Brightest Day stuff just prior to Flashpoint.

So I guess if you wanted to rationalize it you could say it was just an emphasis in the panels on those DCU characters being emphasized/important again.

Personally I'd just ignore it, Vertigoverse was an entire multiverse unto itself anyway and is better being a similar but detached thing to mainstream DCU.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 11:37 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Yeah the whole Flashpoint thing was very much 'Look we have Swamp Thing and Constantine again!' rather than making any actual sense. Especially didn't make sense as they both appeared in Brightest Day stuff just prior to Flashpoint.

So I guess if you wanted to rationalize it you could say it was just an emphasis in the panels on those DCU characters being emphasized/important again.

Personally I'd just ignore it, Vertigoverse was an entire multiverse unto itself anyway and is better being a similar but detached thing to mainstream DCU.
Constantine, Sandman, Timothy Hunter, and Swamp Thing, etc, were always part of the DCU, they just didn't interact much. It was in the same universe though.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 05:00 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Oh I know they were meant to, it's just that stopped making sense around the mid 90s, when Vertigo people aged normally and DCU worked on comic time. And then when the Vertigo stuff continued with Lucifer, it came up with it's own backstory and stuff that didn't gel at all with the DCU at the time.

Idk take it as you will, but I got to the point where I just take the Vertigo stuff as a similar but unconnected Multiverse to the mainstream DCU, with the event where they diverge being Moore's Swamp Thing.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 09:19 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It's basically what DC is doing to their mainstream universe. Not everything is connected (See Geoff Johns JLA to Snyder's Batman), because each has it's own story, but everything is within the DC realm of the multiverse. Lucifer would still be part of the DC Omniverse.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 10:16 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Dc's continuity is a joke.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 03:41 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zack M
It's basically what DC is doing to their mainstream universe. Not everything is connected (See Geoff Johns JLA to Snyder's Batman), because each has it's own story, but everything is within the DC realm of the multiverse. Lucifer would still be part of the DC Omniverse.
This series will be published under the DC imprint, just like it was when Carey wrote it. However, it will more than likely not address mainstream DC and its...murky continuity. At all.

...And that's a good thing. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 05:24 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 03:08 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 03:09 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

I'll be honest, I didn't actually hate it.

And I really like the fact that Holly Black has clearly gone over Lucifer/Sandman etc to work out how to continue this. I mean in the first issue she addressed Gabriel's Fall, Mazikeen, Lucifer's lack of power & his meeting with Yahweh in the void and mentions Elaine so I imagine that will come back into play at some point.

I mean there's still something a bit off with Lucifer's voice but it's issue one and I'm actually intrigued who killed God. And I quite like the way they did it- a hole in the Primum Mobile.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 03:41 PM
Senor Cage

Pretty good, actually. thumb up

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 05:17 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Not a fan. Not as bad as it could have been but I dont think its good either. Huge eye roll on the "no one kills my father but me" line.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 08:02 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

A bit different from Carey's run, but so far it's not bad. Then again it might be a bit early to tell.

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Huge eye roll on the "no one kills my father but me" line.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 08:10 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lucifer's characterization is much different than I would have liked, but the issue as a whole wasn't bad. I am glad they introduced additional members of the angel mythology, like Metatron.

I did find this bit interesting, though:
(please log in to view the image)

"I have passed between multiverseS..." smile

Oh and OAS: I don't mind a few scans from the comic being posted here, but keep the full issue in the Ownage thread next time. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 16th, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 10:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Galan007
I did find this bit interesting, though:

"I have passed between multiverseS..." smile

We already knew that though.

Lucifer has his own multiverse, and Yahweh had his; and Lucifer has gone from one to the other.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 10:09 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, we always knew it. Others, however, have tried to argue the fact for yearS... So it's nice to have additional confirmation. thumb up

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 10:23 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Artwork looks great.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 01:27 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, we always knew it. Others, however, have tried to argue the fact for yearS... So it's nice to have additional confirmation. thumb up

Do you honestly think that Air Legend would be convinced by any evidence from Holly's run?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 01:53 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Juntai
Artwork looks great.
It does have that going for it. thumb up

Originally posted by Astner
Do you honestly think that Air Legend would be convinced by any evidence from Holly's run?
Pfft. Mike Carey himself could walk up to him and say: "Look dude, Lucifer created a multiverse", and he'd still argue it.

The guy made nvr seem perfectly reasonable.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 02:46 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

In all fairness, while stubborn, at least Air Legend was well informed and motivated his positions; in contrast to BeyonderGod. But I digress.

When does #2 come out?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:13 AM