KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...

New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's pretty terrible, tbh. Huge disservice to Carey.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:22 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

The only thing that could make it worse would be if his power didn't work on Lucifer because he's the Will of God.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:32 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lucifer gave up nearly all of his power at the end of Carey's run, so you're right. If the Anti-God's power was ineffectual against him, it would be VERY stupid.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:46 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I miss the Great Evil Beast. That was a much better 'Anti-God'.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 08:47 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Just read it, its not terrible but its not great either, its just okay imo. Gabriel just seems to be there, like just a normal average character, which we know he isn't. I think they are using him a little to much.. The only one I feel adds something to the story is when Mazikeen shows up, I think mainly cause it's something new that she is the queen of hell, taking the story somewhere else.

Holly needs to show she can do stuff like this, have her own idea's but stay true to continuity. Here's a good interview from blastr.com she had yesterday. In it saying, she wants to tie up some plot threads from previous stories, and has talked to Neil. Hope she can talk to Mike next.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-8-24/luc...l-gaimans-devil

The Word

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 08:43 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Anti-God just comes off as another variation of the ALE, imo:
(please log in to view the image)

Michael did return, though, so that might make things a bit more interesting:

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 03:23 PM
Senor Cage

What happened to Michael after that?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 11:07 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's all we saw of him this issue.

But I did forget to mention that Elaine returned as well:

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2016 12:22 AM
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
It's pretty terrible, tbh. Huge disservice to Carey.
It ended perfectly. I'm glad I haven't read any of it. Carey was exceptional.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2016 12:27 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

That's all we saw of him this issue.

But I did forget to mention that Elaine returned as well:

So, she's not God anymore?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2016 01:13 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

She *should* be.

Toward the end of Carey's run, Elaine merged with creation in order to better experience it -- she has evidently taken on material form again. And as the scan states: she has been the one narrating the new Lucifer series this entire time, and even mentions her own omniscience. So yeah, I'd say she's still God.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2016 04:08 AM
Senor Cage

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 08:53 PM
Senor Cage

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 11:57 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

thumb up

Hopefully he'll be able to fix this mess.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 09:11 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well, Elaine gave Lucifer all his powers back:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

We also know that Elaine herself is [quasi]omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. She will not intervene against the Anti-God due to the vow she made to never interfere -- hence why she restored Lucifer's power.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 19th, 2016 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 02:37 PM
Cogito

That's one way to keep an omnipotent out of the plot, I guess.

I haven't read this issue or the one before. Has it been explained how Elaine is right there and yet God/Elaine is "dead"?

Also interesting that she referred to the prior God as "The Presence".

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 04:12 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There were technically two Supreme Beings at the end of Carey's run: Yahweh and Elaine(after becoming the Demiurge.) That's where the differentiation comes from.

Yahweh/The Presence as we know him was seemingly 'killed' in this series, but Elaine(ie. God part deux) still remains. Like I said, though: she made it pretty clear that she does not intend to directly intervene against the Anti-God:

...Although I suppose Elaine kind of did intervene(albeit indirectly) by restoring Lucifer's full power, along with giving him the 'key' to unlocking the power of the Basanos within Noema again.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 04:38 PM
Cogito

There were technically two Supreme Beings at the end of Carey's run: Yahweh and Elaine(after becoming the Demiurge.)

The way I read the end of Carey's run, Yahweh had left creation same as Lucifer never to return. He literally handed over creation to Elaine, after all. So for him to have been back on the throne is...unexpected. And unexplained, IMO.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 07:08 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

There were technically two Supreme Beings at the end of Carey's run: Yahweh and Elaine(after becoming the Demiurge.) That's where the differentiation comes from.

Yahweh/The Presence as we know him was seemingly 'killed' in this series, but Elaine(ie. God part deux) still remains. Like I said, though: she made it pretty clear that she does not intend to directly intervene against the Anti-God:

...Although I suppose Elaine kind of did intervene(albeit indirectly) by restoring Lucifer's full power, along with giving him the 'key' to unlocking the power of the Basanos within Noema again.

Was it ever explained who killed God? I forgot. lol

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 07:17 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You're absolutely right. It makes no sense, as Yahweh essentially abandoned creation... But if Lucifer can inexplicably return in this series, I suppose Yahweh can, too. sick

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 07:18 PM