KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...

New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
You're absolutely right. It makes no sense, as Yahweh essentially abandoned creation... But if Lucifer can inexplicably return in this series, I suppose Yahweh can, too. sick

At least there was a shitty explanation for Lucifer returning though erm

Pretending to continue on the legacies of Gaiman and Carey's brilliant works with this kind of lazy, half-assed writing is insulting, imo.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 07:26 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I don't think it's that bad, TBH. It doesn't hold a candle to Carey's work, but I didn't expect it to be close. I still enjoy it for the most part.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 07:47 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

It's worse than that bad sick

Not as bad as the Lucifer TV show, but that's based on the comics in the same way Braveheart is based on true events - hardly at all.

'Be.'

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:28 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

The explanation for Yahweh returning was that Yahweh died in the void, became that egg thing, from which the Anti-God hatched and then returned to creation.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 10:46 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

That said, the very fact that Yahweh was able to be found while outside of creation is ridiculous... Unless, of course, he wanted to be found. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 19th, 2016 at 10:57 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 10:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Yeah that was slightly weird, as we saw at the end of Carey's run that it takes a lot of willpower and at least some degree of actual power to be able to make sense of and navigate the Void.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 03:45 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Ok I actually caught up on reading. Things make a bit more sense now, but there's still plot holes big enough to drive a truck through - not to mention gross inconsistencies

'Be.'

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 04:56 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 05:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Looks like absolute shit thumb up

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 05:16 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Read the issue. Not sure how much longer I have it in me to continue with this garbage.

'Be.'

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 06:27 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
Looks like absolute shit thumb up
Couldn't agree more.

I can't believe how much Black is botching the series. It's sad, tbh.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 07:42 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Well just read it, very disappointed in it. Glad this is her next to last issue. I hope Richard Kadrey can fix this mess, this woman has turned this into!!!! If she couldn't write up to Carey's level, it's not even half as good, she shouldn't have taken on this project. thumb down

The Word

Last edited by kevdude on Nov 16th, 2016 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 09:22 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I read the first issue of this, then completely forgot about it. Judging by everyones comments, it sounds like it's not worth catching up on.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 02:13 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nah, it's pretty terrible. It's getting another writer in January, so we'll see if he can salvage the series somehow.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 09:36 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Ok I just read it a few more times, one of the things that give me some hope for this series, is that at the end Lucifer says "Whatever you are, you may have some of him in you; Perhaps you stole his power as you stole mine, but you are not my father." This makes it seem that Lucifer knows this isn't his dad, and does that mean the real Presences is still in the void? Mazikeen and Lucifer talk at the end and she talks about killing God, is he leading her on instead of telling her he doesn't believe whatever is in the Silver City isn't God? This is all over the place.....

While not as bad as read as the first time I read it, its still not like Carey's work, and at least Black told us her Lucifer would be different and would sit between Gaiman's and Carey's version's. That much is true. If we want to read story's about Lucifer, Gabriel and the other's we are going to have to read this, if we don't like it enough nobody is forced to read it. I messaged Carey about coming back to Lucifer and writing him again on Twitter and he said him and Peter was finished and it was time for other's to write him. And I tweeted Mr. Kadrey about doing better then Holly and he said he's happy with her run and if I hated her run on it I would probably hate his run too.. I don't hate it, I just don't like it when compared to Carey's, hers is just 'okay'. I guess that will have to be good enough if we want to read about the Morningstar..

Me and Carey's tweets
https://twitter.com/michaelcarey191...383445537484804

erm

The Word

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:43 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

(please log in to view the image)

'Be.'

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 05:42 PM
Cogito

Seriously though, another terrible issue. They're celebrating Christmas, ffs, and the whole issue seemed to have just about nothing to do with anything.

And the art....I have no words.

'Be.'

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 08:48 PM
AlmightyKfish

I do like the idea from today's issue of one of the ways of them to amass power is to find Gabriel's heart that was discarded back in the 90s.

And thankfully the art is back to looking nice.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 01:14 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Series is still crap...

The Anti-God transforms Lucifer's son into his version of Lucifer:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 04:13 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

The eye-shadow, eye-brow shade and nose job makes Lucifer come across as very feminine. And Lucifer's cheek bones seem to come and go as they please.

Oh well, did the new Ultimates issue come out?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 04:25 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote