KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » John Wick 2

John Wick 2
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ascendancy

The killing of a puppy, regardless of who gifted it, is a weak premise to set off an action flick. The son's utter cockiness in relation to how his father and everyone around him operated was out of place, or at least delivered very, very poorly.
Bad. Writing. Period.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 05:21 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ascendancy
The killing of a puppy, regardless of who gifted it, is a weak premise to set off an action flick. The son's utter cockiness in relation to how his father and everyone around him operated was out of place, or at least delivered very, very poorly.
Bad. Writing. Period.

Yeah they really should have gone with the bad guys killing his wife/girlfriend/lover/family/whatever....because we HAVEN'T SEEN THAT A MILLON TIMES BEFORE!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 05:55 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Bad. Writing. Period.
They didn't just kill his dog, they broke into his house and kicked his ass. This guy was a hitman for a crime syndicate with basically nothing to live for...what would be a realistic response to that in your opinion?

How is his son's cockiness out of place?

He was born into a rich and powerful family, his attitude is realistic and a pretty common trope in fiction. erm

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Last edited by Mindset on Oct 5th, 2015 at 06:04 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 06:00 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Equalizer would never have gotten ambushed in his own house. Smh

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 08:58 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Lestov16
Equalizer would never have gotten ambushed in his own house. Smh

A true Equaliser would never have been played by Denzel.
Worst character rendition ever.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 11:10 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Mindset
They didn't just kill his dog, they broke into his house and kicked his ass. This guy was a hitman for a crime syndicate with basically nothing to live for...what would be a realistic response to that in your opinion?

He was born into a rich and powerful family, his attitude is realistic and a pretty common trope in fiction. erm

Maybe they should have had John writing an email to Viggo, explaining his concerns over Iosef's increasing anti-social behavior.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 05:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
Maybe they should have had John writing an email to Viggo, explaining his concerns over Iosef's increasing anti-social behavior.

Now that would be compelling! Kind of like how sexy all the legal contracts were in Fifty Shades of Grey. That was some hott stuff.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 06:18 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
JOHN WICK 2 PLOT POINTS

I think we have a really good premise, and it’s an organic premise. It’s basically — to me there’s John Wick and then there’s John. You know, John is the married guy whose wife just died, and that five years of his life. Then there’s John Wick, who’s the mythical assassin. In this, John Wick’s past comes and infiltrates John’s life and John Wick, in a way, has to fight for John.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/kea...plot-points-257

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 06:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Yeah that sounds like John Wick enters The Matrix kinda convoluted plot right there.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 08:40 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also sounds like 'A History of Violence' to me where you had the character Tom Stall with his family life and then a bunch of gangsters show up in the town looking for Joey Cusack.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 11:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

The thing is the 1st movie was based on characters of John Wick's past.

So it's kinda meh to say his past has come back again for the sequel...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 12:40 PM
Ascendancy

There were ways to make it interesting without making it outright silly. Didn't like it, never will, never will agree that it was a good plot line.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 12:11 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
^^^He pretty much had a reason to kill everybody he did in the 1st film.
If you remember too, he gave the Russian bouncer a chance " to take the night off" rather than kill him for the sake of it.

Like i said, i don' t need a reason for him to be murdering people, just as long as he is, but...,seriously, with that guys claught, he could have fixed that ENTIRE situation with a single phone call. NO, he just WANTED to start killin some people. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 12:11 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

There were ways to make it interesting without making it outright silly. Didn't like it, never will, never will agree that it was a good plot line.
I don't care if you want to be wrong, I'm just telling you that you are.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 12:18 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Like i said, i don' t need a reason for him to be murdering people, just as long as he is, but...,seriously, with that guys claught, he could have fixed that ENTIRE situation with a single phone call. NO, he just WANTED to start killin some people. laughing out loud

He didn't want to "Fix" things. He was angry. He wanted revenge.
I would've understood a rational phone call if his wife died a long time ago but it was literally only a few weeks after her funeral. He was still in an irrational state of mind.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 12:43 AM
Ascendancy

I don't care if you want to be wrong, I'm just telling you that you are.

It's an opinion, deal with it.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 12:44 AM
Mindset

It's an opinion, deal with it.
I've dealt with it, I threw it in the trash where it belongs.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 01:27 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
He didn't want to "Fix" things. He was angry. He wanted revenge.
I would've understood a rational phone call if his wife died a long time ago but it was literally only a few weeks after her funeral. He was still in an irrational state of mind.

No man, he was jus lookin for a reason.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:21 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

he could have fixed that ENTIRE situation with a single phone call. NO, he just WANTED to start killin some people. laughing out loud

So he makes a phone call. Bad guys apologise & back down.
Roll credits.
Best action film ever.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:22 AM
Mindset

Well, yea, everyone in the movie are sociopaths.

If John weren't a hitman whose wife just died, then going on a killing spree from what happened wouldn't be reasonable.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 04:53 AM