KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why is the theory of evolution considered a threat by certain Christians?

Why is the theory of evolution considered a threat by certain Christians?
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If science isn't threatening religion in any way then why are there people out there who are religious and have a problem with evolution?

Don't mistake me: I don't think science is actually threatening religion. I think these people *think* that.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i feel that we should donate large sections of land to fundamentalist christians/creationists and allow/force them to live on them, similar to native american reservations. on these reservations they can construct the good biblical society that they clearly wish to live in. sort of like the amish except with a big razorwire fence keeping them in.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:31 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by red g jacks
i feel that we should donate large sections of land to fundamentalist christians/creationists and allow/force them to live on them

i thought we already did that. you know...utah.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:33 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by psmith81992
So a range of 23% or 69%, I still don't know what you define as "many"

If that was directed at me and using those numbers, I would say 73 to 220 million people would qualify as "many".

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
I disagree.

IF and only IF the material expositions given in the Bible increase your faith and affect your actions, then they become important.

Obviously Jesus didn't think that much about the ancient cosmology of the universe because that's not what his teachings were about.

Bottomline, this might as well be a deception from the devil, but in a way that's pure propaganda: keep christians arguing about evolution which is entirely unimportant and keep them off things that actually matter. Every time you argue against or for evolution, the devil wins (?).

NO. The "bottom line" is Satan wins when everybody starts believing the lies that evolution is how everything came into being. Having a strong unshakeable belief that the universe was created by a supreme being (THe Word/Christ) is one of the most important aspects of being Christian. thumb up

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:38 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

sounds to me like despite your disagreements, one thing you can both agree on is that satan is winning.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:40 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Star428
Disagree all u like, Bentley. You're wrong. God's Word is not supposed to be diluted or twisted or outright ignored. And any CHristian who just accepts evolution as "fact" needs to reexamine their beliefs. Bottom line is the Bible doesn't support evolution. PERIOD. I don't give a shit what any "scientist" says about apes turning into humans. LMAO. They're wrong.

How am I wrong? How is focusing in evolution helping your faith at all? It's obsessing over who has the truth when we should already know that. Jesus isn't good because "he beats science and he makes me be right in discussions". This is missing the point of Jesus's teachings: he spoke the truth but never mishandled it as if it had no value. Don't throw the pearls to the pigs.

Your heart is in the right place but I heavily disagree with your approach.

Oh, and Jesus assumed that His followers already knew that He created the universe. He certainly didn't think they thought that evolution is how humans werebrought into the world or else He would've said something. The point is divine creation is an extremely important part of the Holy Bible. NO one should let their children be influenced by all this New Age crap and all these professors whotry to push the bullshit of evolution on them.

I'm not going to complement and correct the teachings of Jesus as if they were some imperfect practice done by an student. By speaking about particular things he disregarded irrelevant issues.

I'll give you this though: If evolution hurts your faith then you should do something, but I still see no reason of why someone who sincerily trusts Jesus would be disbalanced by it. Proper education and discussion about it helps a lot.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:41 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fortunately, the true followers of Christ cannot be deceived no matter how hard Satan's agents try. Satan has already lost the fight when Christ died and then He was resurrected. thumb up

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:42 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Fortunately, the true followers of CHrist cannot be deceived no matter how hard Satan's agents try.

not like all those fake scotsmen.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:43 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

i feel that we should donate large sections of land to fundamentalist christians/creationists and allow/force them to live on them, similar to native american reservations. on these reservations they can construct the good biblical society that they clearly wish to live in. sort of like the amish except with a big razorwire fence keeping them in.

If we do this we HAVE to be dicks about it: we put the creationists on a piece of land where a bunch of dinosaur fossils have been found.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
If that was directed at me and using those numbers, I would say 73 to 220 million people would qualify as "many".

Nothing in those statistics states that whatever people believe in creationism are somehow threatened by evolution.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:47 PM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Surtur
If we do this we HAVE to be dicks about it: we put the creationists on a piece of land where a bunch of dinosaur fossils have been found.

*satan's tricks

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:47 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
How am I wrong? How is focusing in evolution helping your faith at all? It's obsessing over who has the truth when we should already know that. Jesus isn't good because "he beats science and he makes me be right in discussions". This is missing the point of Jesus's teachings: he spoke the truth but never mishandled it as if it had no value. Don't throw the pearls to the pigs.

Your heart is in the right place but I heavily disagree with your approach.

I'm not going to complement and correct the teachings of Jesus as if they were some imperfect practice done by an student. By speaking about particular things he disregarded irrelevant issues.

I'll give you this though: If evolution hurts your faith then you should do something, but I still see no reason of why someone who sincerily trusts Jesus would be disbalanced by it. Proper education and discussion about it helps a lot.

Then I don't know what to tell u ,Bentley.. I can't help u if you're so set on thinking that not believing in divine creation is no big deal. THere's nothing to discuss here. We're done. God/Christ/THe Word created the universe. THat's not some minor insignificant detail to Christianity. It's HUGE. Anyone who believes in the lie of evolution has either been deceived or they are just stubborn and they will burn in Hell for denying that God created the universe.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:49 PM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
modern creationists actually love dinosaurs... they just picture jesus riding on them

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So just to be clear..your God is going to cause people to burn in hell over this..even if they have been "deceived" into believing in evolution?

So..tell me again why God isn't a piece of shit? If you legitimately feel he would do that then how can you whine about Satan and yet think God isn't evil?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by psmith81992
Nothing in those statistics states that whatever people believe in creationism are somehow threatened by evolution.

TBF, using Star's "I don't come from no monkey it's the lie of the devil!" backwater rants, he seems fearful. Sure, that's just one guy, but I doubt he's the only person who holds that particular view.

Anyhow, the title has been changed to "certain", so it should be kosher now, no?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

if we're really being honest we should admit that we fear their wacky beliefs every bit as much as they fear science.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star needs to use his damn head. If Satan was as big a dick as he is made out to be and was going to place lies about us being evolved from an animal..there are a lot worse things out there he could of said we came from then a monkey.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It is fearful what a large number of people can accomplish and I'd hate to progress backwards where science is shat on in favor of someone's interpretation of an ancient book written by people long dead with less scientific understand.

eg Recently saw some televangelist recommend people with cancer not go to a hospital for treatment, but instead pray the cancer away. Imagine that kind of thinking as being canon.

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 30th, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

if we're really being honest we should admit that we fear their wacky beliefs every bit as much as they fear science.

Yeah, but have a legit reason to fear those beliefs. I mean look at the believer we have in here who believes people will burn in hell forever if they were tricked into believing in evolution. They think a deity that would do this is NOT evil.

That is all kinds of f*cked up and disturbing and Star is hardly the only one who thinks like this. These people do frighten me because they have far too much power on this planet, a lot more power then science.

There are people like that in this country right now raising frickin kids.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 30th, 2015 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 09:56 PM