KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Watchmen

Watchmen
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Looks like they might be doing something non-linear and confusing like they did with Westworld.

Westworld is cool, but it's honestly too much work for me. So if this is similar I'll probably pass.

Old Post May 10th, 2019 09:00 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I think it looks great. This is probably my most hyped show rn

PWNT

Old Post May 10th, 2019 11:09 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Frankly, I wouldn't watch a series without Doctor Manhattan, Rorschach, or at the very least Ozy. Those are the only characters who made the series worth a damn, imo.

I don’t know if any of them will be in it, so I don’t see the point either.

Old Post May 13th, 2019 02:29 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Looks like they might be doing something non-linear and confusing like they did with Westworld.

Westworld is cool, but it's honestly too much work for me. So if this is similar I'll probably pass.

Yea already is looking like a major letdown.

How silly of them not to use DM.

Old Post May 13th, 2019 02:45 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ No DM? Meh ill pass.

Old Post May 13th, 2019 04:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

So Hooded Justice, Nite Owl, Dr. Manhattan, Ozy, and Silk Spectre (if Laurie Blake is her, though she looks too young) are all in this. Hell ya.

We've also got a new vigilante by the name of Looking Glass and whoever that hooded Ninja chick ends up being.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 11:32 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Didnt it kinda confirm DM wont be in it, by showing a live stream of him [SPOILER - highlight to read]: living on Mars

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 11:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

"Nothing ever ends."

That was always my favorite sequence from Watchmen; it always pissed me off that the film didn't have it.

Anyway, looks decent. Dr. Manhattan being on Mars is stupid though. He left the galaxy not merely the planet.

Last edited by ares834 on Jul 21st, 2019 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 12:42 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Didnt it kinda confirm DM wont be in it, by showing a live stream of him [SPOILER - highlight to read]: living on Mars
A lot of people are theorizing that it was him showing up in the suit at the end and picking up the Dr. Manhattan mask. It felt like a 'Dr. Manhattan just showed up to shut this shit down" moment.

Plus, the fact that he's back on Mars makes me think he has to be involved eventually. The comic ended with him leaving the galaxy altogether. If he came back to the same solar system, it's for a reason. Dude's a living chekhov's gun now.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jul 21st, 2019 at 04:11 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 04:08 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
Anyway, looks decent. Dr. Manhattan being on Mars is stupid though. He left the galaxy not merely the planet.
It's Dr. Manhattan. He could be in both places simultaneously. He's like the epitome of a non-linear being.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
A lot of people are theorizing that it was him showing up in the suit at the end and picking up the Dr. Manhattan mask. It felt like a 'Dr. Manhattan just showed up to shut this shit down" moment.
Pretty sure that's him. We even see a dark blue hand reach down to pick the mask up.

Likely the same suit(and complexion) he was wearing here:
https://i.imgur.com/gCcNJ96.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 02:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ah right I didnt get what that scene was all about.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 06:18 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Galan007
It's Dr. Manhattan. He could be in both places simultaneously. He's like the epitome of a non-linear being.

Fair enough. I suppose my impression was that he departed for good as he fully embraced becoming "God" and left the world behind.

Good catch.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 07:07 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
Fair enough. I suppose my impression was that he departed for good as he fully embraced becoming "God" and left the world behind.
Oh yeah, that was definitely the intent of the original series... I was just spitballing a possible explanation. thumb up

I mean, I can kind of see why he'd return to Mars, as it seemed like a special sanctuary of sorts for him... But Jon returning to earth doesn't really make sense to me -- especially if he actually intervenes in their BS again.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 21st, 2019 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 10:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I had this great idea. After the first episode there is a media outlet with an article titled "Who watches the watchmen?" and then the article talks about the ratings of the episode.

I'm so good.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 11:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

This looks.................just awful.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2019 07:31 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're f*cking ruthless.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2019 11:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Still have some hope for this, mostly because I love the source material. But from the previews I can also see myself not watching past 2-4 eps.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2019 06:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I'm watching this right now. It's kind of boring and painfully slow. Doesn't feel like it has anything to do with Watchmen outside of the Rorschach reference.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 01:19 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

anyone watch yet

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 02:59 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yep. It was alright. Nothing particularly great about it aside from the score. It has almost nothing to do with the original comics so far. Probably one of the most disappointing aspects is that the Seventh Calvary (the guys wearing the Rorschach masks) are just racists that are killing cops for no real reason rather than some conspiracy group. Seriously, they have no connection with Rorschach other than the masks and being alt right.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 04:35 AM