KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Watchmen

Watchmen
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

I saw a snippet of this and its pretty boring. Also if this takes place 30-34 years after the events of Watchmen then I don't see how only an alt right gang of cop killers was the big thing that came from Rorschach's efforts: the Seventh Calvary thing is dumb. Also Adrian supposedly dying in his mid-70's seems a bit early for the world's smartest and pressumably wealthiest man.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 07:55 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm pretty sure Irons is playing Ozy. Maybe he faked his death or something.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 08:19 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Dude.

This was f*cking painful to watch.

Not even joking.

This first episode was a fecal glazed abortion.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 03:00 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I thought it was okay, if you remove the comic and movie comparison (which is natural to do) out of it. Good enough to watch part two and see where it goes, though I could see this going poorly very fast.

Tim Blake Nelson's talents just seem wasted though, best actor there and his role is meh.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 04:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I liked it.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I like the idea of the police acting as vigilantes in a super authoritarian regime. The masks and them having to get authorization for firearms (and the consequences of that) were great. The police may be the protagonists, but they're definitely not "good guys".

I loved the Rorschach neo-nazis using his journal as a manifesto (dude sent his journal to an alt-right newspaper at the end after all).

I'm guessing the Sheriff who died at the end and adopted Regina King's character from Vietnam is Nite Owl. Dude had the Owl mug and piloted the police Archie (if the police have Nite Owls tech, he was either caught and had it all confiscated, donated it, or Nite Owl himself became the sheriff after he outed himself).There's also him having the first Nite Owls book on his desk in the precinct. The blood dripping onto his badge was an obvious parallel to the Comedians death, so I'm thinking they killed off Nite Owl to further parallel the source materials kick off (in which case, pretty good start). It's also possible that he's just a completely new character who mirrors Comedians purpose in the source material.

I'm excited to see what the deal is with the wheelchair executioner. He was watching that silent film of the vigilante lynching the corrupt sheriff during the intro, so I guess that implies Judds character is somehow corrupt (or at least perceived to be corrupt by the wheelchair executioner). I read a solid theory online concerning his identity that I wish had put together myself. It almost seems obvious in hindsight.

Irons/Ozy and his weird defective lab grown servants are interesting. I'm wondering what his goals are. So far, he faked his death and created life. I'm guessing he's trying to clone himself or something? New age Ozy? New age lab grown Watchmen? He has to have picked up on the fact that the Rorschach Neo Nazi's claims are a little too close to the truth, so maybe it has something to do with him preparing for the inevitable fallout from that stuff getting out.

Loled @ Nixon on Mt. Rushmore

The raining squid weather phenomenon was insane (byproduct of Ozy's original squid event I guess?).

Looking Glass is probably the coolest vigilante introduced so far. I love his sensory overload interrogation tank, and I'm looking forward to seeing more from him.

Regina King is a great actress and I can't wait to see her get more into her role. That said, I'm not entirely clear on her role yet. Is she supposed to be a payed/outsourced vigilante/merc? She's not a cop, but she gets brought in for more important cases. She's seems pretty corrupt if she's abducting and torturing people off personal intuition (or Looking Glass' interpretation). I'm not really routing for her character, but I'm curious.

The Tulsa Race Riot/Massacre in the intro was f*cking fantastic, and possibly the best part of the episode. I had no idea this was even a thing before I saw this so the imagery definitely set the tone. How the hell have I never even heard of this? Also, I got some pretty hardcore Krypton/Planet Vegeta vibes from this scene.

Lastly, it's worth mentioning that the soundtrack was pretty great.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Oct 21st, 2019 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 07:39 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I think Imp's problem was that we didn't see any [SPOILER - highlight to read]: naked bare blue dicks. Fear not, it's HBO, we likely will in time.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 08:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I suspect it will be awful, I may have shared this before, I vaguely knew Alan in the noughties. He is an incredibly charismatic man in real life.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 08:31 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Okay wasnt at all what I was expecting.

If you took out the Rorschach reference and the snippet of Manhattan, I would literally have no idea this has anything to do with Watchmen.

Anyway curious enough to keep watching for now.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 10:07 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
If you took out the Rorschach reference and the snippet of Manhattan, I would literally have no idea this has anything to do with Watchmen.

^^^Same.

quote:
Anyway curious enough to keep watching for now.

^^^Opposite.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 05:40 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I still have 20 minutes left as I had to pause it for workZ but it seems really interesting in a parallel universe kind of way. The casting is stellar and it has just enough comic flourishes to make me still curious.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 09:45 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So apparently this isnt a sequel to the film, but to the original graphic novel.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 10:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Put me in the mood of steak.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 12:20 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Even if you forget about the source material this was still absolute garbage. erm

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 01:17 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
So apparently this isnt a sequel to the film, but to the original graphic novel.
Ya of course. The [SPOILER - highlight to read]: raining squids were more than enough to clue me on that.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 02:49 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

This show has the worst pilot ever.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 08:13 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So pretty much the only good part in the second episode was the Ozy scenes which amounted to around 5 minutes. Admittedly, they were really good but still...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2019 07:47 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What do you think the odds are that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Manhattan is posing as Ozy in this?

I mean, Will referencing Manhattan's ability to "look like us" and be in multiple places simultaneously is certainly a massive Chekhov's Gun if I've ever seen one... So it seems likely that Manhattan is posing as *someone* here -- potentially several people.

Anyway, like I said from the start: the Manhattan plot is the only thing that will keep me watching this.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 29th, 2019 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 02:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

The second episode was terrible.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2019 06:01 AM
Araan Eligis

This show's 100 times better than people here are giving it credit for.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2019 09:04 PM
Araan Eligis is currently offline Click here to Send Araan Eligis a Private Message Find more posts by Araan Eligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Actually a good episode.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 05:50 AM