KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » SoR Revan vs. FE Malgus (Sabers only)

SoR Revan vs. FE Malgus (Sabers only)
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tondemonai

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I go Malgus myself, for pure sabers.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Malgus defeated the top duelists of his time and was said to have flawless skill. 45 years from his prime he beat Kao Cen Darach, the Jedi Battlemaster who showed incredible saber ability in the fight. He was one of the best fighters in the order even before the Sith revealed themselves. Malgus is clearly a very impressive duelist.

He's got more solid and superior feats of skill than Revan does.

Eh he didn't really beat Kao via way of out skilling him though, he more or less just bashed through the latter's defenses.

Though his strength along with his skill in his prime, should be enough here anyway.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Eh. Revan's more powerful in the Force and has more technical skill. Sounds like a win for him to me.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:27 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Malgus, clearly.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:14 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Malgus defeated the top duelists of his time and was said to have flawless skill. 45 years from his prime he beat Kao Cen Darach, the Jedi Battlemaster who showed incredible saber ability in the fight. He was one of the best fighters in the order even before the Sith revealed themselves. Malgus is clearly a very impressive duelist.

He's got more solid and superior feats of skill than Revan does.

> won't shut the **** up about Malgus facing a strike team
> uses quotes from a conversation where Malgus got solod

k

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:23 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
Both of them are better than Bane in skill/feats tbh
(please log in to view the image)

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:48 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Which means shit considering he's demonstrated nothing in the books that places him above Exar or any ancient Sith in skill/power

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 24th, 2016 05:38 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

And Vader has never demonstrated shit to suggest he's actually worth 4/5s of RotS/RotJ Sidious, or be better than Gethzerion in power, yet he is.
What's canon is canon. Do not reach with your feats.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 24th, 2016 05:55 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I don't buy he is a 4/5th of Sidious's power and either Geth/Sidious have feats that place them above him in power. Bane's force feats while unamped aren't even Dooku tier. Whose the one reaching when none of the force feats (Drain, death field, essence transfer) he's never used without a nexus amp, and when his unamped force feats consist of throwing couches/breaking tents?

Bane is trash

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on May 24th, 2016 at 06:04 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2016 05:58 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

LOL, even his feats are better than Dooku's, tho. You're just over-blowing the nexus argument(which has been debunked how many times by now?).
And I don't care what you buy or don't buy, a third person source stating something is canon makes it canon.

Then again, you're probably not even being genuine and are just lowballing for the sake of lowballing. Debating with you is like yelling at a child that won't listen.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:12 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Once again, Revan's saber abilities are far too ambiguous to say with certainty that he's better than Malgus. He probably is, though.

I'm leaning towards this answer as well, tbh.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by MythLord
LOL, even his feats are better than Dooku's, tho. You're just over-blowing the nexus argument(which has been debunked how many times by now?).
And I don't care what you buy or don't buy, a third person source stating something is canon makes it canon.

Then again, you're probably not even being genuine and are just lowballing for the sake of lowballing. Debating with you is like yelling at a child that won't listen.

Only his lightning is better, he's never dominated any force user more powerful than Kenobi, has poor telekinetic feats like throwing couches/breaking tents, and he's never demonstrated his "masterful force techniques" without aid of a nexus like Prakith or Lehon. I don't care if you believe an unsubstantiated accolade or not, also lmao @lowballing citing his poor feats in the book and how they don't compare to greater force users isn't lowballing.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:17 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by MythLord
LOL, even his feats are better than Dooku's, tho. You're just over-blowing the nexus argument(which has been debunked how many times by now?)

Not even once, actually. Although, if you want to compare nexus feats, Dooku's cruiser-tossing on Korriban is still more impressive than Bane shattering some ancient stone walls and supports on Lehon.

quote:

Canon, but still subject to interpretation.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:31 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Exactly. The statement is not absolute. We're missing context, therefore it's open for interpretation and not infallible in terms of canon.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

We're not missing context; we have the other pages, they're just not being posted because reasons.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:36 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

We're not missing context; we have the other pages, they're just not being posted because reasons.

But we don't know if those other pages provide context or not. Or do we? And we are missing context, considering the statement isn't as conclusive or logical as it should be.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:37 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah, they describe Bane's rise to power through the Brotherhood, and note that he's surpassed the rest of the Sith.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:40 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Not even once, actually.

Pretty sure they have. Bane with just one or two Orbalisk shells attatched to him felt a lot more power than ever before. That includes his Lehon amped self

Although, if you want to compare nexus feats, Dooku's cruiser-tossing on Korriban is still more impressive than Bane shattering some ancient stone walls and supports on Lehon.

Well the size of the cruisers is in question, plus Bane was injured and while Dooku was only 4 years from his prime, Bane was over two decades away. Plus Bane didn't just shatter stone, he completely collapsed a temple that was over 20 meters tall.

Canon, but still subject to interpretation.

Here there is no interpretation. The section which the quote appears under is Deadly Darth which makes note of Bane betraying the Brotherhood then growing vastly in knowledge from learning of older Sith like Nadd and Revan. This is obviously on a broader scope than just the Brotherhood.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:44 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

As of SoR, the temple was way the **** bigger than 20 meters and it tanked turbolaser fire. Bane's feat is more impressive.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Plus more than half the temple, and it's base are located underground. And Bane crushed/collapsed this as well. It's a tremendous feat, especially when we have confirmation that he grew a lot in power since then, to the point he surpassed his nexus-amped self.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:53 PM