KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supernatural Season 11

Supernatural Season 11
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Heh, this is the 12th season actually, it's just we continued the discussion in the season 11 thread.

And yes the show is getting a 13th season lol. The main actors have flat out said they are on board for the show as long as the fans are into it. So who knows how many seasons it will get. I would also be shocked if they didn't try to pitch another spin off.

Ayuh, I didn't check properly. Either way, I'll finish out this season but I seriously doubt I'll continue watching unless I really get desperate and there's nothing else to watch. I just find myself more and more either bored or annoyed with the characters when I watch an episode. Every now and again there's still a cool scene or even episode that I enjoy, but I think it's better that I quit while I still have some good memories.

Let's hope this season ends on a bang!

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 07:45 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Ayuh, I didn't check properly. Either way, I'll finish out this season but I seriously doubt I'll continue watching unless I really get desperate and there's nothing else to watch. I just find myself more and more either bored or annoyed with the characters when I watch an episode. Every now and again there's still a cool scene or even episode that I enjoy, but I think it's better that I quit while I still have some good memories.

Let's hope this season ends on a bang!

Well to be brutally honest about the show...it has more or less been the same for many seasons. Each season you have some big bad they have to fight, and in order to defeat this big bad they usually end up having to do shady stuff. During this Sam and Dean will have some kind of lie going on with each other, and some sort of deal will be made to with some entity that will either save Sam/Dean or help them fight the big bad. During this they will fight other random monsters.

So it comes down to if someone just enjoys the characters and the setting at this point, which I do. The show can still be really funny and produce quality episodes in addition to the monster of the week stuff.

As for this season ending, in the trailer we do see Dean in tears. From the beginning I said Mary probably wouldn't survive the season, so I think he is crying over her.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 02:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

when is this show getting cancelled?

i'm tired of it, but i've spent ten years watching it so i can't stop now.

please pull the plug, CW.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 06:13 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

LoL, they have you sucked in, mouth. You've spent a decade+ on this crap!

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 15th, 2017 06:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

I would not be shocked if the show made it to 15 seasons.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 07:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

S13 has been confirmed, as long as mouth keeps watching, they'll keep making

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 15th, 2017 07:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

As for this season ending, in the trailer we do see Dean in tears. From the beginning I said Mary probably wouldn't survive the season, so I think he is crying over her.
As long as it isn't Cas...

Old Post May 16th, 2017 02:19 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, they have you sucked in, mouth. You've spent a decade+ on this crap!
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 16th, 2017 02:12 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It's a slippery slope I find myself on as well. I basically watch it because I have been watching it since the beginning, but if they had to cancel the show I would not cry about it being gone.

And, if anything, the fan base has just grown over the years, so there is hardly any danger of it being canceled due to lack of viewership.

Old Post May 17th, 2017 07:40 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Lol so...we're gonna have a Scooby Doo episode in season 13. Where they go into the animated world of Scooby Doo.

I'm not joking.

Supernatural Meets Scooby-Doo? Jinkies, It's Happening!

Well like Chuck said...it's not jumping the shark if you never come back down. So I'll still watch it, in a way it sounds kind of awesome.

Last edited by Surtur on May 18th, 2017 at 05:03 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2017 05:01 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Like one of the comments on the article said, this has a very Gabriel vibe to it. Gabriel is one of my favourite characters, so it would be good to get him back. The writers left his status extremely vague after that season 9 (I think?) episode where he appeared in Metatron's story to troll Cas.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 06:06 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

I'd be interested to see an actual Trickster. According to Bobby they do exist.

I like Gabriel and was glad when I saw him back, but the ending of that episode made it pretty clear Metatron had created the entire illusion. Though this doesn't mean he can't still be alive.

Speaking of Gabriel, he is proof God isn't all powerful. The guy couldn't just snap his fingers and bring the arch angels back. He said it would take time.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 11:06 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Well, that's just great. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Cas and Crowley...

Old Post May 19th, 2017 02:58 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I like Gabriel and was glad when I saw him back, but the ending of that episode made it pretty clear Metatron had created the entire illusion. Though this doesn't mean he can't still be alive.

Not really. When Cas asks Gabriel if he really is alive or dead, we don't get a clear answer. And, IIRC, all Metatron said was that Gabriel "played his part" well, which might mean he created him, or it might mean that he got Gabriel to aid him. Metatron was in God-mode after all at that point, so he could probably force Gabriel to help him. Based on comparable feats, he seemed more powerful. Gabriel got trapped in a circle of holy fire, whereas when Sam and Dean tried the same thing against Metatron, he blew it out like a birthday candle.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 04:35 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, just got around to watching the finale. And [SPOILER - highlight to read]: despite all the dumbassery the brothers have enacted over the years, they have indeed made the world a much better place. At least based on that shithole alternate Earth where they were never born.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:07 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

The Finale seemed more Doctor Whoesque than Supernaturalesque because of that. I just expected someone to burn up a sun just to give them a message.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:36 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It does create a lot of questions though. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: If there are alternate realities with alternate versions of human characters, does that mean there are also alternate versions of various angels, demons and such?

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:43 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

It also begs the question [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Is there more than one Chuck, one that actually cares, or is he the same across all timeline. Also, if you can't change the past how do alternate timelines exist?

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:48 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Kento
It also begs the question [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Is there more than one Chuck, one that actually cares, or is he the same across all timeline. Also, if you can't change the past how do alternate timelines exist?

Hard to say. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Like, for example, an alternate time line where the Darkness did not destroy one of Chuck's previous creations. Would that split off into a new time line where there is a God and Darkness that get along? Or would the two of them simply become aware of the split in time, given their nigh-omnipotent cosmic status as beings that existed before time was actually a thing?

Old Post May 20th, 2017 05:45 AM
Surtur

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Not really. When Cas asks Gabriel if he really is alive or dead, we don't get a clear answer. And, IIRC, all Metatron said was that Gabriel "played his part" well, which might mean he created him, or it might mean that he got Gabriel to aid him. Metatron was in God-mode after all at that point, so he could probably force Gabriel to help him. Based on comparable feats, he seemed more powerful. Gabriel got trapped in a circle of holy fire, whereas when Sam and Dean tried the same thing against Metatron, he blew it out like a birthday candle.

His part was something Metatron created though. He says the entire thing wasn't real and chose Gabriel because he was good at teaching lessons.

Think of it this way: If Metatron had someone as powerful as Gabriel under his control, how come he never made use of him again? It seems like a waste to only use him to try to get Castiel to lead some army against him. Especially since if he controlled Gabriel he could have just made Gabriel raise the army against him.

Gabriel warped reality in ways other angels have not, not even Lucifer. If he was somehow alive I would guess the only reason a beefed up Metatron could control him would be because the fall weakened him. Though I don't think he is alive. Also speaking of the fall, it makes no sense to me that after the whole thing with Lucifer Gabriel would go try to hide in heaven.

Last edited by Surtur on May 22nd, 2017 at 03:59 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 03:55 PM