KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Triple 9

Triple 9
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Triple 9

Directed by Jon Hillcoat (The Road, Lawless)
Aaron Paul
Kate Winslet
Woody Harrelson
Norman Reedus
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Gal Gadot
Casey Affect

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2015 10:16 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Definitely some talent on that list, but the preview didn't do a whole lot to hype me.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 09:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoo crazae NIGGA!!

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 09:22 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Alright, let me hype myself up and watch it again, I'll let you know.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 10:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Do want! Definitely will be seeing this one in theaters.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 02:25 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This looks pretty alright. Great cast.

Little bit of a True Detective: Season 1 vibe at the beginning of that trailer, thanks to Woody Harrelson.

Not the kind of movie I go to the theater for, though. Shaky cam crime dramas are better suited for the small screen, in my opinion.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 09:28 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

nein nein nein

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 09:29 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

this movie sucked. it's like they said hey, i know, lets get a bunch of big names together then write a script and make a movie

lets have daryl and jesse interact with each other. that will bring in an audience for a crappy script

it was garbage all around

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Apr 28th, 2016 at 04:59 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2016 04:57 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Despite the first act (bank heist) being pretty good, turned out to be very mediocre. Didn't outright hate it, but found myself uninterested in the plot and characters through most of it.

The relationship with the corrupt cops is never really explained and by most appearances they don't even really like each other, but here they are committing crimes. Reminded me a little bit of Heat, Training Day and The Departed in some aspects, but failed miserably to come close in quality to any of those.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 06:41 PM
Ascendancy

From the dead I necro thee. Finally saw this. It was good, but as said above it just lacked a lot of tie ins to explain what was going on. Had it been a half hour longer like Heat, etc., it probably could have given the details necessary to fit it all together. Some of the conflicts really weren't sold well. It's a shame, there were a lot of really great parts to the film, all the action was well done, and the actors fit their roles, but there were too many weaknesses to make it great.

It's kind of strange because I feel the 3* rating it received was fair overall, but that some parts of the film on their own lack so much that it just doesn't line up well.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 07:16 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote