KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Killermovies Wikia Dragon Ball Profiles

Killermovies Wikia Dragon Ball Profiles
Started by: BeyonderGod

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BeyonderGod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
You're not very good at making friends it seems.

>Friends dont make money
>Friends aren't 100%

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 04:42 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Friends make it seem like you have a leg to stand on. People to help with the Wiki. People who actually care enough to bother with it. Most importantly, having a lot of people who agree with you makes it so that others take you more seriously.

I mean viewed from a purely objective standpoint, not many/any posters seem to agree with you. Why should I, as a random third party, care?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:00 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I think it's a nice effort to make a Wikia, even if it is almost entirely subjective. I just think it's wrong to call it official KMC Wikia, as almost no one from here agrees with it or contributes to it. I skimmed through it once and it had to many flaws to be of any interest.

1. It has only one contributor from KMC as far as I know and none of the really knowledgeable or least biased.
2. It appears that it's only reason is to promote the favorite Charakter of the Admin, Beyonder, and somehow establish him on the level the Admin wishes him to be, even though a lot of people disagree.
3. It has just stats, and those are even kind of unclear or not very well though through. IOW it's boring.

I think it will die once the Admin loses interest, which will happen as almost no one will take it serious or go there to look a char up, there are far better sites to do this, Comicvine, Marvels site etc.

This is not the Admins fault. KMC can't even agree on most chars where they belong tierwise, they certainly never would agree with the opinion of one poster. Everyone has his mind already made up and debates about it in the Forum, if the people would agree with everything they wouldn't have a reason to post anymore.

There is no shame in admitting defeat, there are too many fictional characters anyway for one poster to consider, even for 10 it would be too much.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:20 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I think he's trying to recreate the VS Battle Wikia, since he was apparently banned from it. The problem though, is that the VS Battle Wikia is a thriving community with an extensive archive whereas Beyonder's Wikia has a handful of inactive members and the few lackluster articles.

So if you want to join one of these communities you might as well VS Battle Wikia.

Last edited by Astner on Oct 16th, 2015 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:32 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

VsBattles=OBD=ACF

All of which are inaccurate.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:44 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

KMC Wikia once it's ACTIVE and pages start growing its going to be better than VSbattles which is a reject currently of AFC+OBD wikia.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:47 PM
dadudemon

I'd love to mature a KMC wiki that has KMC related stuff.

For instance, on the web, some movie versus discussions are ONLY had on KMC. Google search some of the versus match-ups: KMC is the only place on the net where those match-ups and the dissection of the powers and abilities are done.

A wiki that outlines some of those issues and fights would be excellent, for starters.

And if a member wants to create a page on that site dedicated to just DBZ, let him! And he already asked for input where you see the issues. So why give him so much shit over it? Saying that he refuses to admit he was wrong is bullshit since he directly asked you guys to edit it to be right.

I sure as f*** don't have time to edit and upkeep a wiki like that. But if some of you gents have time, do it! It has great potential. And if you fear him being too bias and subjective, ask him to make someone a co-admin on the sight to function as a "petty games" mitigator. He seems open enough to do something like that. And he wants the site to succeed. So I don't think he'll undo edits when they are justified. He may fix defacement and sabotage but I don't think he'll undo legit factual changes.

Also, you guys really miss the boat on how to deal with this guy. You're not effectively communicating with him because you're bombarding him with vitriol and insults. This guy is absurdly easy to get along with if you just intelligently and respectively disagree and then kindly offer your arguments. That approach doesn't work with everyone on the internet, obviously, but this guy is ridiculously easy to get along with using that method.

Alright, I've said my piece. I feel like a dad getting onto a bunch neighborhood kids. Get off my porch, you little shits! raawwwr!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:49 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I love you DDM lol.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:51 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

quote:
Saying that he refuses to admit he was wrong is bullshit since he directly asked you guys
Can edit it to be right.

THANK YOU!

quote:
You're not effectively communicating with him because you're bombarding him with vitriol and insults. This guy is absurdly easy to get along with if you just intelligently and respectively disagree and then kindly offer your arguments.

You sure earned my respect. thumb up You are literally hitting the points they don't get and what I'm trying to point out here but they aren't even giving me ANY positive/time to explain.

Last edited by BeyonderGod on Oct 16th, 2015 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:57 PM
bbrem123

Well it seems the wiki will die...sad day

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:00 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Stop being negative and think positive like seriously if you guys ACTUALLY put effort into something that is a mere hobby the wikia will be good.

Look at my FBO wikia nearly 500+ pages and I have to do my own research and etc to find feats and sources.

Here people can do it 20x faster if you put TIME and knowledge I already have a Forum for discussions about profiles and etc so people can have questions,suggestions, and etc.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:02 PM
BeyonderGod

I can personally state this

I don't care if YOU don't like ME

Your prejudice with the Wikia is pure absurdity.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:03 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Here people can do it 20x faster if you put TIME and knowledge I already have a Forum for discussions about profiles and etc so people can have questions,suggestions, and etc.

This is the correct method to deal with nebulous stats/powers/feats. It is akin to the Delphi Method. Basically, once a consensus is reached by all of those you deem as knowledgeable on a topic, you can go with the current majority flow on the position/topic in question.

That's the best approach and eliminates any accusations of bias. Of course, if one of the discussing participants submits a factually correct piece of information that comes form the highest canon source possible, regardless of what others think, you have to stick with that (and that is the judgement call of an admin or moderator in those types of situations and one of the few circumstances you may have to stop in and go against the majority opinion).

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:06 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by AuraAngel
I love you DDM lol.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:07 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bbrem123
Well it seems the wiki will die...sad day

We never had onelaughing out loud

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:08 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

BeyonderGod needs to work with use not the other way around. I don't want to help out somebody who is a complete a-hole to myself and nearly everybody else on the forum. Doesn't work that way.

I am positive everybody else thinks the same thing.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:10 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is the correct method to deal with nebulous stats/powers/feats. It is akin to the Delphi Method. Basically, once a consensus is reached by all of those you deem as knowledgeable on a topic, you can go with the current majority flow on the position/topic in question.

That's the best approach and eliminates any accusations of bias. Of course, if one of the discussing participants submits a factually correct piece of information that comes form the highest canon source possible, regardless of what others think, you have to stick with that (and that is the judgement call of an admin or moderator in those types of situations and one of the few circumstances you may have to stop in and go against the majority opinion).

Yes! Exactly you are on a roll bro lol.

Also the wikia wouldn't just benefit us but it benefits THIS place as well with both having nothing BUT pure traffic with Google,Bing, and Yahoo bots.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:12 PM
Blockythe1guy

Beyonder, I Believe you could make a good wikia, But we can make some steps for it.

Like for exemple, You can make some reasonable rules on there or not antagonize other sites, etc.

Heck, You can talk with the mods or abmins here if they agree with ya wiki.

You just maybe should make work with your behavior here.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:16 PM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Blockythe1guy
Beyonder, I Believe you could make a good wikia, But we can make some steps for it.

Like for exemple, You can make some reasonable rules on there or not antagonize other sites, etc.

Heck, You can talk with the mods or abmins here if they agree with ya wiki.

Great idea.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:30 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

This thread made me lol big grin

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 09:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote