KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor Vs GL Hal, slugfest

Namor Vs GL Hal, slugfest
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
namorsubby

Those aren't his real hands tho....that's not even fair. Lol

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 10:44 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Slug. Fest. stick out tongue

IOW, giant slug constructs.

Hal knows how to throw a punch (he has the technique):

http://geekhardshow.com/wp-content/...alPunchBats.jpg

He has the power and strength to do it.

Plus the durability.

He wins.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 11:44 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ha!

Just answering the posted query. I didnt say constructs of any kind (boxing gloves/gastropods) in the OP.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 12:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The way I saw it, is if you consider WHY Hal only does boxing gloves and simple constructs.

It's because he likes to keep things simple.

All his will and strength is poured into the construct, so no concentration is wasted.

You have now concentrated that will even further, by simplifying things. He doesn't have to think about (relatively) fancy constructs - he just needs to punch.

So all that willpower? The same will that enables him to kill Krona (with all the entities)? Tank supernovae/nukes? All that will and concentration is now poured into amping his punches.

Lol, nice contradiction. Keeping it simple would be simple kicking and punching like you said, so come up with another explanation. This is Namors fight. Funny how no one seems to remember that Namor is a better hand to hand fighter as if that wouldn't matter.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 02:50 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What is the contradiction?

Rather than creating constructs (boxing gloves, trains, fight jets) he is just focussing his will on amping himself.

Less distractions, more concentration. Which is more difficult to imagine, a working fighter jet or just thinking yourself to be strong?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 02:57 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^i agree with your theory here.

A big question no one's touched on is, what does Hal feel inside thsy shield? Because Namor's going to be pounding something fierce.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 04:59 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I don't think its actually attached to him in anyway, so the shockwaves won't be transmitted to him.

That, or it also dampens attacks. Or both.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 05:10 PM
riv6672

Not sure i agree on the shockwaves/dampening things.
I've seen GLs strain/sweat as they held fields together under attacks.
One as close to the skin as in this scenario, with him being smacked around?
It should be an issue for Hal.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 05:23 PM
DarkSaint85

My point being, if its not attached in any way to his body, and is just a millimetre above his skin...and is inflexible (hence the strain)....how would he feel the punch?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 05:28 PM
riv6672

At the very least, every blow is going to tax Hal's will in order to keep the field cohesive. Thats not a new thing.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 07:06 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by riv6672
At the very least, every blow is going to tax Hal's will in order to keep the field cohesive. Thats not a new thing.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 07:14 PM
namorsubby

many strong opponents break gl constructs. His aura alone and the strength of his punches would be enough to beat Namor? I don't think so.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 06:51 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I really think that Namor would beat up on Hal. He's really a very strong character barring weakness exploitation.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 07:32 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Hal has straight up punched Henshaw's jaw off when he was powered up by ten GL rings. That punch would finish Namor.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 07:38 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

And Hal has taken good, solid punches from Darkseid, of all people. And wasn't KOed.

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpres...-darkseid-4.jpg

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 07:53 AM
Genii96

Assuming darkseid actually hit him with much effort,as he snaps hal's arm like a twig next....namor also took hits from thanos and wasn't ko'd,took a scream and black bolt and swiftly recovered,took a nuke to the face,shrugged off hulk's hits,withstood voidty's hits and was completely fine afterward,withstood a hammer hit from nekkron that iirc,destroyed new atlantis the next page....is a much better fighter than hal,and is a lot more experienced in battle. I give this one to namor

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 08:04 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Genii96
Assuming darkseid actually hit him with much effort,as he snaps hal's arm like a twig next....namor also took hits from thanos and wasn't ko'd,took a scream and black bolt and swiftly recovered,took a nuke to the face,shrugged off hulk's hits,withstood voidty's hits and was completely fine afterward,withstood a hammer hit from nekkron that iirc,destroyed new atlantis the next page....is a much better fighter than hal,and is a lot more experienced in battle. I give this one to namor

I would say he did, as his shields are weakened to the point his arm could be snapped like a twig....

Thanos was trying to teach him a lesson, not KO him

Screams/nukes are =/= punches, otherwise Hal has tanked quite a few energy attacks of his own.

Hulk/Voidtry are good, I will give you that.

Better fighter? More experience? It's a slug fest. They stand there punching each other.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 08:52 AM
Genii96

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I would say he did, as his shields are weakened to the point his arm could be snapped like a twig....

Thanos was trying to teach him a lesson, not KO him

Screams/nukes are =/= punches, otherwise Hal has tanked quite a few energy attacks of his own.

Hulk/Voidtry are good, I will give you that.

Better fighter? More experience? It's a slug fest. They stand there punching each other.

You are assuming the difference between hal and darkseid was near enough that darkseid had to put effort to break his shields...that's,just an assumption,I could also assume thanos had to put effort to teach namor a lesson(hell he said it had been a while he had faced a good opponent)....pretty sure hal also broke his constructs just smashing into darkseid too iirc,and darkseid oneshotted hal,alongside everyone else bar supes and flash,when he hit the ground. Bottomline, thanos/namor and darkseid/hal,isn't really good to use as durability,as their opponent was far stronger and beat them down while holding back,with no quantifiable measure of how much,you could say it took much effort,I would just disagree and none of us can prove it.

Hal takes energy blasts to the face? Or with his shields/constructs which cnt be used here?..cuz namor took the nuke to the face,and the scream was at near point blank too and his body can easily survive at the bottom of the ocean,the amount of pressuer per inch there would also add to what he can take as physical hits are concerned. Also there is a scan of him being punched into 3 different biomes in one of his respect threads iirc,and he got back up

He also withstood hits from blue marvel and BL thor too,the hammer smash from nekkron and having mountains crumbled and dropped on him(courtesy of tiger shark),among others,a younger version taking down ares and wonderman at the same time,etc

Guys can dodge hits in a slug fest can't they? Or isn't that how it works?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 09:29 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I will be honest: my assumption is that he can use shields (as per OP) - otherwise, yeah I fully agree, his face gets melted off lol.

As for dodging - I don't know. In the Superman slugfests, he usually doesn't have his speed, but OP can clarify.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 09:38 AM
Genii96

Ah,didn't see the 'personal shields' if that's allowed then this isn't exactly a slugfest. Though I would give namor a slight advantage,since hal needs to actually come out to hit him,and he should be able to handle average hal's hits and eventually break through that shield after several tries

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 09:47 AM