KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » MID-HERALD TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION

MID-HERALD TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (76): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

If Carver participates, let me judge please, I want him to suffer!

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 07:16 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

How do weaknesses work? So for example, drafting pre- 52 Aquaman - would your amalgam be weak to dehydration? Even if you drafted Plastic Man (who needs no water)?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 07:24 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"
Ok
Amalgam or team (your choice)
Mid + Mid
Mid + Low + Low
Low + Low + Low

Right?
Right

@Darksaint, weaknesses are really up to your argument skills for and against said weakness.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 07:39 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I'll be back on later tonight and if I do or don't get word from someone(s) about competing, how about a public draft in this thread (w/ link (comicvine if available)) Friday at noon, Eastern time?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 07:45 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Makes us proud Carver.
Showem what Hulk is made off

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 07:46 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I do find it telling that when CIS is off, Carver never chooses the Hulk...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 07:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Double Post, as I jst saw PG's post: the date and time are fine.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:08 PM
carver9

Hulk is a high Herald.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:09 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Hahaha. We can cap him out at mid-herald showings if you want, as per the tier thread.

@PG: Who are the judges? Or are we NOT going to PM anyone our picks, and let EVERYONE decide if our drafts are legal?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:13 PM
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hahaha. We can cap him out at mid-herald showings if you want, as per the tier thread.

@PG: Who are the judges? Or are we NOT going to PM anyone our picks, and let EVERYONE decide if our drafts are legal?

Which Hulk can I use? What's my limitation?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:29 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Which Hulk can I use? What's my limitation?

Well, you're the Hulk expert.

What mid-herald feats does he have? I mean, he has his stupidly low feats - like being choked by a snake - which are street level (lol), so have a look at the mid-herald tier, and choose feats which enable him to be a good match against bricks.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:31 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Carver be on that bullshit.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:33 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I think we all may have to throw in the towel if WB Carver is here.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:36 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

HOTM Hulk is a legit Mid Herald an my eyes.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:42 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Sorry for the confusion.

Since it was hazy and since I was tossing the idea around, might as well allow a team of 3 even if you have a mid-herald as a part of it, but no more than 1. Some of the draft ideas had that same idea so it's my fault

To reiterate: you can have an amalgam or team of 3 characters, but only consisting of 1 mid-herald, if you want 2 mid-heralds you only get and amalgam or team of 2 characters

There also has to be a public draft in this thread so that it's transparent and it gives everyone the ability to weigh in on potentially high-herald or higher picks. I just have to fallow up with one person to see if they're interested before that happens cause that will decide if another person has to be found to keep the numbers even

So public draft

Mid herald - captain comet (pre resurrectionction, unless I'm allowed composite pre 52 which I'd doubt)
Low herald - Ted Knight/Starman
Mid meta (IMO could be high) - Dr Occult

My drafts will be amalgamated

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 09:28 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Beats you need to wait until Psycho announced when he is opening up the draft.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 09:36 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

God, compared to the cloak and dagger BS we used to go through with picks, I wish I got to compete against people just tossing out their picks like this.

I legit remember having to draft certain characters solely as a diversion, before switching before the deadline to do so. Then everyone caught on and it was a cluster of movement on the last day.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 09:47 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Digi
God, compared to the cloak and dagger BS we used to go through with picks, I wish I got to compete against people just tossing out their picks like this.

I legit remember having to draft certain characters solely as a diversion, before switching before the deadline to do so. Then everyone caught on and it was a cluster of movement on the last day.

To be honest didgi this is how I'm used to drafts being done on other forums for tourneys. Only changing picks usually isnt allowed unless your choice was already taken or has been deemed DQ'd. It's also been a standard on some of those sites that if any draft choice turns out during a tourney to be over the limits (based on debate and showings used ) then you loose that character and don't get a replacement. Effectively you have to battle one man down. It's why i generally pick (elsewhere) well below a limit rather than pushing them as here.

Even when in "draft" tourneys the practice I'm used to is an open PM to all participants where we have a drafting order that goes up then back down up down (ie first to pick first is last to pick second ètc). Everyone sees everyones picks as it goes and again your locked into what you chose

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 11:21 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by "Id"
Beats you need to wait until Psycho announced when he is opening up the draft.

Effectively by me throwing my draft out I've allowed everyone else the opportunity to counter what my choices bring to the table. But in the interests of fairness (since I've apparently preempted the draft) how about if i say if anyone wants any of my three picks their fair game and i change that pick for someone else. Its not like i cant find a dozen or so characters who would bring everything each choice does to the table without too much trouble.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 11:26 PM
Cogito

Originally posted by psycho gundam
TBH I'm almost tempted to leave it as is, like how it's displayed on the tier list, unless a compelling case is made against a character.

[color=blue]Middle
Adam Warlock, Alexander Nero, Beta Ray Bill, Binary, Bizarro Superman, Black Adam, Black Bolt, Cable (Full Power), Captain Atom, Circe, Cpt. Comet, Captain Marvel (DC), Count Nefaria, Damien Hellstrom, Etrigan, Evinlea, The Fallen One, Firelord, Firestorm, The Flash II (Barry Allen), The Flash III (Wally West), The Flash IV (Bart Allen), The General (Shaggy Man), General Zod, Gladiator, Green Lantern (Guy, John, Katma, Kilowog), Hulk, Hyperion, Ikaris, Imperiex Probes, Juggernaut (Classic), Kid Omega, Kurse, Lobo, Loki, Magus (Post-IG), Martian Manhunter, Maxima, Metamorpho, Mon-El, Morg, Nate Grey, Orion, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Red Shift, Sersi, Shaman, Skreet, Solomon Grundy, Supergirl, Supreme, Terrax the Tamer, Void (Wildstorm, no Creation Engine power), Waverider, Wildfire, Witchfire (Demon Form), Wonder Woman

Not interested in participating, but I'll throw my 2 cents in anyways.

Waverider is way misplaced unless there's hard rules on time travel/time stop, in which case he's useless and that's fine.

Shaggy Man has a hella powerful powerset, but is just held back by his stupidity. Augment him with anyone with a brain and he's totally OP, IMO

And including Imperiex Probes can't lead to anything good.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 11:28 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote