KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » MID-HERALD TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION

MID-HERALD TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (76): « First ... « 72 73 [74] 75 76 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Aquarian
Imperiex Probe
Magik.

Old Post May 21st, 2016 06:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Would have been nice but I still have Magik.

Going for the same strategy twice? Yawn.

Are Manga characters allowed?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post May 21st, 2016 07:26 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Open draft means all characters are up for grabs, no?

Old Post May 21st, 2016 08:10 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

As far as I was concerned, open to draft anyone you want, but you defaulted with the team you had last. That's how it's always been. PG?

Old Post May 21st, 2016 08:12 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
As far as I was concerned, open to draft anyone you want, but you defaulted with the team you had last. That's how it's always been. PG?

Yeah, let's wait.

As for manga characters, personally, I say no....

Old Post May 21st, 2016 08:16 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Back

If a character is dropped officially then they're up for grabs so Blair still has Magik unless he drops her. No manga this time only cause it wasn't discussed beforehand

Old Post May 21st, 2016 10:58 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Just to elaborate further: Yes, you retain the same exact team unless you swap for something new, also Carver and everyone else's characters that lost in the tournament are free to use

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 02:25 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Awesome. Can we push back the end of the draft from noon to like 10 pm?

Sidenote: I still have my complaints about Aquarian. Had them when he was first drafted, don't really think he should be included but I'll go by whatever Gundam says.

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 02:38 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

DarkSaint85, are you cool with that time? Your timezone is ahead I assume so weigh in

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 02:52 AM
DarkSaint85

I'm coo.

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 06:36 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

There is about zero chance I come up with a team in the next 7 minutes that will win anything. :/

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 01:54 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

But who does DS have now?

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 04:25 AM
DarkSaint85

My usual.

Fate
Aquarian
Probe

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 06:16 AM
DarkSaint85

Does this mean same teams?

B dubs.

FACE ME

Old Post May 24th, 2016 02:57 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Unless there is a mutually agreed upon second crack at a redraft, yes.

Send posts. Saturday to Saturday the week after makes sense

Old Post May 24th, 2016 07:21 PM
DarkSaint85

So it is all scheduled to end on the 4th of June, with decisions made a few days after that? Cool.

5 posts, or 3? I only ask in case BW wants fewer posts in the compressed timeframe (I'm basically off work at the moment).

Old Post May 24th, 2016 07:47 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Stick with 5 for now unless Blair agrees

Old Post May 24th, 2016 07:49 PM
DarkSaint85

OK. Blair, am assuming you have the same team as before, as the deadline has passed (and first posts are due Sat).

Old Post May 25th, 2016 05:33 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^ I have yours.

Blair, send yours as a Google doc as well cause of the coding here

Old Post May 26th, 2016 11:17 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Sorry, but I came on to say Im going to forfeit. Couldn't come up with anything to even remotely come close to approaching a winnable scenario considering Aquarian's super haxx field that pretty much seals the deal on just about any combo I could think up.

I tried getting some advice and suggestions for picks, and solid shoutout to Delph for coming up with some fun ideas, and one I almost went for, but ultimately I kept just arguing DS's side and winning. Then time kept passing and I missed the deadline, still couldn't come up with anyone. You'd get much less than a half assed match if I even attempted something at this point.

That's the main reason, but I also don't really have access to a laptop at the moment. Congrats DS, you came up with a team I wish I had thought of. thumb up

Old Post May 27th, 2016 04:08 AM