KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

So was that Purple Man at the end? The lighting and her turning around with a surprised look seems to suggest that.

I'll give this a look. The first season was alright, and Purple Man absolutely made it. As long as it's not a train wreck like Iron Fist I'm for it.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:45 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It could very well be Purple Man. He's come back from the dead in the comics before, so why not?

The only issue I have with bringing him back again is we already know Jess can stop him. His powers are useless against her, so there is very little stopping her just snapping his neck again. So, they will have to think up a good plot reason to have him back and it meaning something.

One thing that I do hope improves is plot-based inconsistency on the show. Like Jessica getting hit by a truck and only sustaining relatively minor injuries, or taking hits from a bloodlusted Luke Case without injury, but then getting KO'd from two shots to the head by a ginger with a 2x4. Or healing perfectly from a gunshot within like 2 days, but having a small scalpel scar behind her ear for like 8 months.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 9th, 2018 at 03:24 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 03:20 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm torn on if I want Purple Man back. Tenant is a great actor and was great with the character...I'd maybe prefer he come back for season 3.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 07:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

This looks like it'll be good. Look forward to it.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 11:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Can't wait for season 2. Aside from The Punisher, JJ was my favorite series of the Netflix Marvel series, by a pretty big margin.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 01:16 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This looks like it'll be good. Look forward to it.

I should be sick of origins, but that trailer got me pretty curious regarding Jessica's backstory and how she got her powers. Because it seems to be part of some bigger plot. IIRC, it was also implied in her own show that the experiments on Kilgrave and Luke were loosely connected as well. So, seems there is a whole network of secret superhuman experimentation going on.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 02:42 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hm.. the early reviews have me a little concerned. I hope it's still good...

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.co...-reviews-score/

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 10:25 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

These Marvel shows have just become way too damn slow. I loved Season 1, but considering the last few seasons of these MCU shows, I have very little faith it will be good.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 03:26 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Punisher was fantastic, reviews be damned, but am not expecting that much from this.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 04:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The Punisher was a snooze-fest. I gave up halfway through...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 04:08 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by ares834

Watch the first episode, then skip forward to episode 9, when it gets good again.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 07:35 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Latest reviews say this one is a slow burner
Also apparently the villain can go toe to toe with Jessica physically
I wonder who it is

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 08:42 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834

Same but I do intend to finish it at some point.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 09:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Punisher wasn't that slow. It just took its time to make you care about the characters, which is sort of important. And it definitely payed off. That being said, yeah, it maybe could have been shortened by one or two episodes.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 02:58 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

All of the Netflix solo shows could probably be cut down to 10 episode seasons, if you just remove a lot of the unnecessary filler. In contrast, The Defenders could have done with more fleshing out IMO, and that only got 8 episodes.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 03:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I found the Punisher series kept me engaged throughout the entire season. I was always wondering what would happen next.

Whereas the shows like IF, Jessica Jones, Daredevil...tend to have at least 1 or 2 underwhelming episodes each season.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 04:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Anyone else having issues seeing the episodes? It’s going on 1218 and they’re still not showing up to stream

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 07:17 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: RIP Nuke

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 10:21 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

EP 6

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Looks like Hellfat is going to be a stronger version of Simpson

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 08:04 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Watched a couple eps so far.

Bit slow and kind of aimless, hopefully they get to something interesting soon.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 02:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote