KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Kilgrave is a sick puppy, and they got the perfect guy to play him. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: David Tennant

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 05:24 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Just finished the marathon binge (~13 hours straight)... Definitely a step down from DD. Even AoS is better, I'd say it's ok, but I'm not very hype for Luke Cage now... Damn

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 08:00 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

One episode in. Promising start. Krysten Ritter is about 12 different kinds of hot in the show.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 10:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Just finished the marathon binge (~13 hours straight)... Definitely a step down from DD. Even AoS is better, I'd say it's ok, but I'm not very hype for Luke Cage now... Damn

Yikes.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 10:12 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Three episodes. So far- excellent. They warned us it wasn't going to be like Daredevil and I think most people who expected a female Daredevil show is going to be disappointed. David Tennant is eerily creepy, Cage is strutting and Jessica is moody, volatile and capable.

So far I'm loving this show for all the right reasons. No, it's not Daredevil. You are actually going to have to like this show for what it is, rather than what it's not.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 10:33 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Convo is cool so far, but pls remember to use spoiler tags m8s.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 10:55 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This could be because I'm on vicodin right now but am I the only one who when they have a really upclose shot of Jessica's face just gets this Michael Jackson vibe? Like she looks like him when he was at his most feminine and white, like when his nose was disappearing and all that. Am I crazy?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 11:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Well I finished it. I enjoyed it immensely, especially the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: cameo from Rosario Dawson/Night Nurse from Daredevil.

It seems Luke's power levels are around his original creation as he's a lot more grounded than he's been in years. No idea if that's to make Jess look a little better, or if it's an homage to his humble(in comparison) origins or because of budget. It worked for the setting, I just hope we get more awesomeness out of him when Hero for Hire starts. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Like in the comics he got shot in the hand with a .357 revolver and he said it felt like it almost tore his hand off. In the show, he gets a shotgun blast point blank to the chin and it knocks him out for some hours, and almost killed him due to internal shit they couldn't handle since they couldn't open him up traditionally.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tennant did an amazing job as Zebediah. I wonder since we actually saw him turning purple during the finale, if he gets comic Purple Man's ability to cheat death. He already did it once with help, maybe now that he's a lot stronger he'll just heal and come back later.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 10:50 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Show is enjoyable, so far. I'm on the second episode.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 11:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

The show is pretty good so far.[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I will say that for all of the sex this show had I'm disappointed about the lack of boobies in them. Also I'm not sure whether it was due to budget or appealing to older source matter but Luke and Jessica appeared to be a tad underwhelming as far as their respective superpowers were concerned. David Tennants probably the best thing about the show so far.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 11:33 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke did state he could lift a car, and Jessica lifted the back end of one with one hand. Luke is definitely closer to his original days though, while I think to add more noire to it Jess got bumped down too. Maybe he'll get more buff in his own series and she'll get some more impressive feats as well.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 11:50 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
The show is pretty good so far.[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I will say that for all of the sex this show had I'm disappointed about the lack of boobies in them. Also I'm not sure whether it was due to budget or appealing to older source matter but Luke and Jessica appeared to be a tad underwhelming as far as their respective superpowers were concerned. David Tennants probably the best thing about the show so far.
there was quite a bit of side boob with Trish's.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 01:02 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Haven't finished it, but gtfo with comparisons to AoS. It's apples and oranges. Any comparison creates a false impression of both. They're just completely different approaches/shows.

It can be a little slow at times. It really forces you to notice how hard it is for writers to keep our attention for long periods of time without relying on a ton of action sequences. That the show does in fact manage to hold my attention most of the time is no small feat. But there are brief lapses.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 02:55 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Just finished it. Gotta say I really enjoyed it, I thought it was even better than Daredevil.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 08:54 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I know this isn't DD, it's a different genre, I watched 3 eps and found it unwatchable imo. It's too meh, slow and boring. There's not enough thrilling going on.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 05:36 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
there was quite a bit of side boob with Trish's.

The boobies to sex scene ratio was not satisfactory IMO.

With that said I finished the show and still think it was pretty cool. I do think I might have enjoyed it more had it not been hyped up as much before its premiere. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I will say that after watching this and DD that it irritates me how AoS turned out to be: I know the show got better but considering all 3 share the same universe you have to admit that its a bit of a letdown going back to that after watching the Netflix series. As for the show itself, I hope that Jessica and Luke get better feats in the future as I still feel that they, well moreso Jessica, were having trouble with things that they could otherwise handle solidly.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 06:04 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just the way Jessica defeated Luke with the shotgun made no sense.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 06:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Should probably spoiler tag that...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 06:48 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

6 episodes in.. series is decent, could be better. don't see the appeal for david tenant though

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 07:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Surtur
Just the way Jessica defeated Luke with the shotgun made no sense.

Since the cat is out of the bag, it actually did. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: In his original days, just catching a magnum revolver bullet hurt like shit and he said it felt like it nearly ripped his hand off as well as leaving a bruise. And Luke said "an experiment" gave him his powers, which means he's only had the original one in prison. He gets several on panel boosts through the years. So at the time I'm guessing he's around his original Power Man/Tiara levels and getting a 12 gauge to the chin would definitely put him down.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 09:01 PM