KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
6 episodes in.. series is decent, could be better. don't see the appeal for david tenant though

He plays a damn good Purple Man. He's all the creepy in the comics brought to life.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 09:01 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Watched all 13 episodes and definitely one of the best shows I've seen. Not quite my taste - I prefer a bit more humour and action, Daredevil style, but the story was gritty and realistic, the characters plausible and and likeable, the whole feel of the world they lived in was believable.

Special mention goes to David Tennant who played the bad guy you love to hate. Cage and Jones had decent chemistry - Defenders is shaping up to be the show worth waiting for.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 09:20 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Watched all 13 episodes and definitely one of the best shows I've seen. Not quite my taste - I prefer a bit more humour and action, Daredevil style, but the story was gritty and realistic, the characters plausible and and likeable, the whole feel of the world they lived in was believable.

Special mention goes to David Tennant who played the bad guy you love to hate. Cage and Jones had decent chemistry - Defenders is shaping up to be the show worth waiting for.
Wait, David Tennant is Kilgrave? I'm two episodes in so far and I have yet to see him. My hype has at least doubled knowing he's what all the build up is for.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 11:33 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Surtur
This could be because I'm on vicodin right now but am I the only one who when they have a really upclose shot of Jessica's face just gets this Michael Jackson vibe? Like she looks like him when he was at his most feminine and white, like when his nose was disappearing and all that. Am I crazy?

You have no idea how much I hate you for this comment. I went from seeing Ritter as super hot to warring with my boner over seeing MJ every now and then.

You're absolutely right. Now keep yer goddamn insights to yourself from now on.

mad

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Wait, David Tennant is Kilgrave? I'm two episodes in so far and I have yet to see him. My hype has at least doubled knowing he's what all the build up is for.

This is awesome. For those who didn't know beforehand, imagine seeing his face for the first time whenever it is that it happens (Ep. 3 or 4). I wish I hadn't known it was him now. I would've flipped the **** out when I realized it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 12:33 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I really enjoyed it. It was more of a suspense/thriller than an action crime drama. Comparing it to Daredevil is like comparing Se7en to Enter the Dragon or Oldboy. And I'll echo the praise of Tennant as Purple Man as well. Just a really well done show.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 12:44 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

So I'm trying to watch this with my niece but there were a few sex scenes in the first episode. I can't let her watch these scenes, but I don't want to skip through half of the show with her. How frequent are the sex scenes after the first episode? Kissing/making out is fine.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 04:37 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

There's about 5-8 total. It's not gratuitous.

>Z<

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 05:31 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
So I'm trying to watch this with my niece but there were a few sex scenes in the first episode. I can't let her watch these scenes, but I don't want to skip through half of the show with her. How frequent are the sex scenes after the first episode? Kissing/making out is fine.

If she's not old enough to watch sex scenes she's not old enough to watch this series. Consenting sex between adults is the mildest and lightest of the many adult topics covered as the show progress.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 05:57 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Dreampanther
If she's not old enough to watch sex scenes she's not old enough to watch this series. Consenting sex between adults is the mildest and lightest of the many adult topics covered as the show progress.

Thanks, everyone, I appreciate the answers. I'm the uncle so I don't make the rules with what she can and can't see, but imo she's old enough to understand.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 06:29 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Digi
You have no idea how much I hate you for this comment. I went from seeing Ritter as super hot to warring with my boner over seeing MJ every now and then.

You're absolutely right. Now keep yer goddamn insights to yourself from now on.

mad

Couple of things:

1. I saw MJ at certain times, too. I just didn't post it. Some thoughts...should just not be posted.

2. She looks very similar to a girl I dated about 10 years ago. And now I'm thinking I have an ex that looks like MJ. I think this feeling I have is disgust.

Disgusted that I didn't hit that after realizing she looked like MJ!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 03:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also felt the show missed a good opportunity to follow a more interesting storyline. Jessica [SPOILER - highlight to read]: trying to turn Kilgrave good was actually a lot more interesting then what she ended up doing with him.

Originally posted by KingD19
Since the cat is out of the bag, it actually did. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: In his original days, just catching a magnum revolver bullet hurt like shit and he said it felt like it nearly ripped his hand off as well as leaving a bruise. And Luke said "an experiment" gave him his powers, which means he's only had the original one in prison. He gets several on panel boosts through the years. So at the time I'm guessing he's around his original Power Man/Tiara levels and getting a 12 gauge to the chin would definitely put him down.

Given what else he survived no the shotgun doesn't make any sense. If the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: bar explosion didn't KO him then the shotgun shouldn't of.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 04:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

I also felt the show missed a good opportunity to follow a more interesting storyline. Jessica [SPOILER - highlight to read]: trying to turn Kilgrave good was actually a lot more interesting then what she ended up doing with him.

I was also very interested in this possible development. One of the best things about Tennant's performance is that there are times when you really feel for the guy, despite yourself. Like, had he only been shown what being "good" was, how different might he have turned out? Then again, he's an adult and ultimately makes his own decisions so does he really deserve a chance at redemption now?

quote:
Given what else he survived no the shotgun doesn't make any sense. If the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: bar explosion didn't KO him then the shotgun shouldn't of.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: An explosion, where damage is more widespread, and a shotgun blast directly aimed at his head are a bit different, I think. Not a physics whiz or anything but I believe that was what they were going for.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 04:39 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Pretty much. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: A point blank shotgun blast to the chin cause him to be concussed. It was like a very powerful uppercut.

>Z<

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 04:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So the other thing would not cause him to be concussed?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 04:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Also keep in mind [SPOILER - highlight to read]: In the comics, multiple times a powerful attack that hasn't managed to penetrate Cage's skin, has left him badly injured and medical types had to be creative to help him since they couldn't get inside his body with normal means. A 12g shotgun blast point blank to the chin probably scrambled his brains, that's why they had to drain the fluid and the swelling.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 05:00 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Apparently not. Again, one was a widespread blast while the other was concentrated on his head. Even if it's not completely accurate to how it'd go in "real life," it's enough to suspend disbelief imo.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 05:14 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The explosion was moreso a gas fire with a strong flashover which blew the windows out of the bar (Cage mentioned having stood there in the gas for hours waiting on Jessica per Kilgrave's command). As was mentioned before, the force of the explosion was not focused directly on Cage and was distributed throughout the bar. The shotgun blast, on the other hand, was a compact high velocity blow directly to his head from close range. The force of the explosion was distributed over more area of his steel hard skin. The point blank shotgun blast direct to his head rattled his brain inside of his steel hard skin.

*edit

Or what 80s said.

>Z<

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 05:14 PM
80sBaby
The Kid

I like your explanation better, MF smile

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 05:24 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by KingD19
He plays a damn good Purple Man. He's all the creepy in the comics brought to life.

what else has tenant done

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 12:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what else has tenant done

Well he played a doctor, once. cool

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 12:52 AM