KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 80sBaby
Well he played a doctor, once. cool

Doctor who?

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 12:55 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep. That's why I was psyched for David when I first saw him.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 01:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do wonder if Tennant will [SPOILER - highlight to read]: show up again next season.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 02:25 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Jessica Jones is annoyingly moronic in this show.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 04:02 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kilgrave is known to cheat death multiple times through the comics.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 04:07 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by KingD19
Well [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kilgrave is known to cheat death multiple times through the comics.
Will not read until I'm done with the season.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 04:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Good call.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 04:16 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Pretty much. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: A point blank shotgun blast to the chin cause him to be concussed. It was like a very powerful uppercut.

I can weigh in on this (or mass in on it...haaaa!).

A punch from a human fist transfers MUCH more kinetic energy to the recipient than the bullet or shotgun pellets.

It comes in the form of momentum. This is why a punch from a strong martial artist can literally knock you off your feet (and really strong fighters can punch you so hard that it fly through the air for a few feet, too) and why even a heavy slug only jolts you (if you're wearing body armor that can stop it).

As far as accelerating the brain, inside the skull, very quickly, to cause a concussion, a punch is much more likely to do so to Luke than shotgun blast. The scenario is just plain stupid. If you could wear a very safe helmet that would prevent all damage but transfer all kinetic energy to your head, you wouldn't get knocked out. There just isn't enough momentum behind the pellets, all together, to accelerate your brain enough.

It's just shitty scientific writing. But that's how it is in almost everything.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 06:37 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

stfu about spoiler tags.

don't come into a thread about a specific show if you haven't seen it. Especially not when it's a show that releases all it's episodes at once.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 07:23 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have to agree about the spoiler tags. That is why I avoided the thread until I'd watched the series. Perhaps it might be best to make two threads, one dedicated to the first half of the season and the other to the second. I mean I'd give it a few more days and then I think people should expect spoilers.

But yeah in the comics Purple Man can [SPOILER - highlight to read]: enter a deathlike state to heal.

Also it's just plain hard for me to resist highlighting spoiler tags.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 07:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by marwash22
stfu about spoiler tags.

don't come into a thread about a specific show if you haven't seen it. Especially not when it's a show that releases all it's episodes at once.
Who is crying about spoiler tags ???

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 08:20 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Convo is cool so far, but pls remember to use spoiler tags m8s.
Originally posted by ares834
Should probably spoiler tag that...

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 08:24 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by marwash22
Well, I do agree with spoiler tags outside of just generalizing.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 08:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Will probably finish this over the long weekend, but it's a decent show thus far. Rather pleased.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 10:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Already finished this and Jessica jones is dumb as **** IMO. I get that ^someone can relate.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 11:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you mean the show is dumb or the character itself is dumb?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 01:22 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
Do you mean the show is dumb or the character itself is dumb?
Character is dumb. The show was ok but nothing special IMO.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:55 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Second-highest rated live superhero show by popular vote - well done Jessica Jones. Beaten only by Daredevil, Jessica Jones has a rating of 8.8 from more than 15, 000 viewers. Will be interesting to see if that rating goes up or down as more viewers vote. So far, Netflix and Marvel are proving to be a formidable combination.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 05:23 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Second-highest rated live superhero show by popular vote - well done Jessica Jones. Beaten only by Daredevil, Jessica Jones has a rating of 8.8 from more than 15, 000 viewers. Will be interesting to see if that rating goes up or down as more viewers vote. So far, Netflix and Marvel are proving to be a formidable combination.

And the researchers say that men can't relate to female protagonists....

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well you don't have to relate to a main character to enjoy the show. I can't relate to Superman, but I enjoyed certain movies and tv shows about him.

As for Daredevil that is where this gets weird for me. I couldn't get past the first episode of Daredevil. It wasn't bad..I just found it a bit boring. I'm sure it picks up after a few episodes so I will probably have to give it another shot.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:48 PM